Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Put 4 invisible switches somewhere in the world. Make it a tiny switch. Invisible. When clicked, one warder spawns. Force people to go through every zone investigating every nook and cranny until they can find the switch. All four switches pushed and ST will stay reset.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:30 AM
Orc

Personally, I think the whole point of the server is to give people an opportunity to go back at anytime and experience something as close to classic EQ as possible. That in mind, I think these are two possible solutions to these debates:

(preferred)
Implement something like 'seasonal' server (what green would be but reoccurring), with progression that dumps all characters to a 'legacy server' (like what blue is now) at the end of its timeline. Then starts the cycle all over again. *think Daybreak is not cool with this option

-OR-

(stopgap)
Implement some automated system to experience expired content (like warders and sleeper, maybe even nerfed items as well) over again. I mean if the server is never going to change or update and be a true untouched museum server, I don't see the issue in this for posterity purposes. There are all kinds problems with this solution and I still think the best way is the first option.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Why are you assuming what daybreak wants/doesnt want/allows?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:07 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you assuming what daybreak wants/doesnt want/allows?
Don't have a direct source, multiple people on P99 have mentioned some kind of 'agreement' with the devs of P99 being one of the reasons we don't have an option 1.

*something along the lines of don't mess with our TLP demand or something of the sort
Old 03-04-2019, 03:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Put 4 invisible switches somewhere in the world. Make it a tiny switch. Invisible. When clicked, one warder spawns. Force people to go through every zone investigating every nook and cranny until they can find the switch. All four switches pushed and ST will stay reset.
so basically I would be the only one doing all the heavy lifting, seeing as I'm the only one that ever binds to halas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Honestly though, If I may interject, resetting the sleeper's tomb could be an event in and of itself. Even moreso, it could be a yearly event. Something akin to a "christmas" season of everquest, where once a year, the magical bullshit gods come down and lay waste to the land, granting us all a merry apocalypse and a happy death to all.

Other games have this same model with their own style events, and they work VERY well. Of course the problem is always greed, but like I said, you can't solve player greed. The best you can do is mitigate it. trying to solve greed is like trying to solve emotions. Solve hate. Solve love. Solve confusion. Solve pride. Solve jealousy. Solve Impotence. Solve devotion. Solve fear. Solve Excitement. Solve greed.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:10 PM
Kobold

There is so much drama about who woke it, why, etc. I hate it.

In my opinion, this server is more of a museum than anything else. A museum that use to have a painting of x, or statue of y, or display of z, but talks about how “in this now mostly empty room over here we used to have x, y, and z, but those things don’t exist anymore irl, so we removed the painting/statue/display”, that’s just non-sensical.

I’d love to have a crack at warders and their loot. If that means ancient prismatic instead of primal, cool. If it means warders reset on earthquake only, but no sleeper script (one time deal only), cool. If it means ST including the script resets each earthquake, cool.

I’d like to see the whole museum, please. I don’t want to have to have my experience if the museum be “oh, you should have been there, it was cool, sorry you missed it.”
Old 03-06-2019, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomuch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is so much drama about who woke it, why, etc. I hate it.

In my opinion, this server is more of a museum than anything else. A museum that use to have a painting of x, or statue of y, or display of z, but talks about how “in this now mostly empty room over here we used to have x, y, and z, but those things don’t exist anymore irl, so we removed the painting/statue/display”, that’s just non-sensical.

I’d love to have a crack at warders and their loot. If that means ancient prismatic instead of primal, cool. If it means warders reset on earthquake only, but no sleeper script (one time deal only), cool. If it means ST including the script resets each earthquake, cool.

I’d like to see the whole museum, please. I don’t want to have to have my experience if the museum be “oh, you should have been there, it was cool, sorry you missed it.”
Bad example. Museums have limited time exhibits all the time.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

ST is less of a museum and more like Studio 54
Old 03-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't have a direct source, multiple people on P99 have mentioned some kind of 'agreement' with the devs of P99 being one of the reasons we don't have an option 1.

*something along the lines of don't mess with our TLP demand or something of the sort
Multiple people on P99 are also idiots. Who you listen to (hint: stick to knowledgeable people) is far more important than the quantity of people who don't actually know anything that you listen to.

And if you stuck to knowledgeable people, you'd know that A) "Green" is the entire point of this project, and B) the staff have flat out said the Daybreak agreement (whatever it entailed) did not prohibit new servers.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bad example. Museums have limited time exhibits all the time.
Let us learn from example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZudVf2PNc

Erase all the previous loot dropped, reset everything.
Closed Thread