Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 09:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those things drop like candy, no idea what you're talking about.

Appearance etc is entirely moot for Rogues due to guise.
talking about the wiki entries, which list Throwing Boulders as Uncommon to Ultra Rare except for being listed as Common off the ice giant diplomat only

if they drop a lot more in your experience, about how many giants/hours would you say it takes to gather one stack of 20 boulders?
Old 04-21-2020, 10:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP asks for an easy solo class. People mostly talk about rogues for 11 pages.

Goodness...no. God no. There are easy classes who can also solo with little to no gear:
Shaman or Druid would be my picks. Good races so easier travel even. Both get SoW.
may have gotten a little off topic........yeah
Old 04-21-2020, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Appearance etc is entirely moot for Rogues due to guise.
So untrue.

You and the people around you will have to stare at your real appearance
1. Char selection secreen
2. Every time you zone
3. Every time you get illusion dispelled
4. Every time you forget to refresh your illusion
6. Every time you get ressed
7-10000. <exercice for the reader>

Also you will also appear as your real race on /who all

Mask is nice like fake tits are nice.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:01 PM
Skeleton

Wizard > Mage > Rogue

For Wizard: Wait till mob is at 25-50% /stand > /cast nuke > /sit.

For Mage, all you do is /assist > /pet Attack > Nuke at 50%. On raids you sit there and summon sticks.

Rogue: /assist > /attack on > backstab. CR can take skill in certain zones.

None of these take a lick of skill.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:34 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to vanix Send a message via AIM to vanix Send a message via Yahoo to vanix

Combat bind wound + lava + hours and hours = what 50 health a tick regen with 200 skill in bw? = monk soloing 101 amirgt?
Back to wall under 50% health double fungi regen anyway max skill
Last edited by vanix; 04-23-2020 at 06:38 AM..
Old 04-23-2020, 08:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfFate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard > Mage > Rogue

For Mage, all you do is /assist > /pet Attack > Nuke at 50%. On raids you sit there and summon sticks.

Yeah, looks like you have played a mage for a long time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won't claim it's rocket science, but there's a bit more to playing a Mage than your description could have one think.
I must be doing it wrong because reading the job description it's so obvious I should be 60 by now.

What about debuffs ? you know mages get some, don't you ? that thing some pepole cast to help other party members land spells (like slow) on mobs. But you can't cast them too early to avoid aggro, but no too late either.

what about keeping a DS on MT at all time ? yeah ok that's 2 clicks but this free dmg can add up real fast when you spend a couple hours in a camp.

what about knowing which of your 5/4/3 pets is the best suited vs the mob you're killing when soloing. Guess you have to try/ die & learn

What about chain casting, have you ever tried to do it vs a mob that will kill you within seconds if there isn't a pet between you and him ?

What about getting in range of mobs to get hit to avoid you pet dying, just long enough to land a heal on your pet but no too long to avoid low hp aggro.

BTW, we mages can't slow/ snare & kite/ fear kite/ root/ root & rot mobs, we just have to send buffed pet and nuke/ DoT

Damn, those mages really are the easiest class to play....

If I was an AH, I could also write Clerics are easy to play, but I won't because I know squat about them

/target MT
/cast heal
/sit
/gems

Playing a shaman can't be hard, can it ?
/target MT & melee dps
/cast buffs & haste or /cast group buff
/assist MT
/slow mob
/canni

or when you solo
/slow mob
/send pet
/root
/cast DoTs
/canni
/profit

Did I forget something about those slackers ? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No offense meant in my answer, but each class may appear as a stupid easy one to play, but I don't think there is one.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfFate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard > Mage > Rogue

All you've pointed out is that bad and amateurish play doesn't take a "lick of skill."
Old 04-24-2020, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP asks for an easy solo class. People mostly talk about rogues for 11 pages.

Goodness...no. God no. There are easy classes who can also solo with little to no gear:
Shaman or Druid would be my picks. Good races so easier travel even. Both get SoW.
That way I learned that Rouges are not for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have now Druid and Magician and for now I will play these two. Maybe some time later I may check out Shaman. With 3 toons, I will be busy for years lol
Last edited by pivo; 04-24-2020 at 11:13 AM..
Old 04-24-2020, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anybody has yet mentioned it and your posts suggest you don't have knowledge of it, but the game has a mechanic that allows you to determine the relative strength of an NPC.

Red = 3 or more levels above
Yellow = 1-2 levels above
White = equal to your level
Blue = 1-4 levels below
Green = 5 or less below

Also, you will receive other information when you consider a mob, namely your faction with that mob. Pay attention to how the mob "looks at you". If it's "scowls at you, ready to attack" or "glares at you threateningly" then the mob will attack you if you get close. Anything else is safe, though merchants that "glower at you dubiously" will not sell or trade with you.
Thank you, yes it was confusing at start. I didn't realized that colors were defining a range not a single level.

I'm assuming, same (colors) goes for magician pet. (playing now magician also) No other way to figure out the pet level, correct? If I /con it and it is yellow I'm OK ;-) (until I level up)
Old 04-24-2020, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... What about debuffs ? you know mages get some, don't you ?

what about keeping a DS on MT at all time ?

what about knowing which of your 5/4/3 pets is the best suited vs the mob you're killing when soloing.

What about chain casting, have you ever tried to do it vs a mob that will kill you within seconds if there isn't a pet between you and him ?

What about getting in range of mobs to get hit to avoid you pet dying, just long enough to land a heal on your pet but no too long to avoid low hp aggro...
Oh boy, what I got myself into, since I now have Magician also. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Seems like it can get quite complicated. For now, very first levels, I like it, even better than Druid. I will level them both up to some 10-12 and see which one I like better then. This may take me few months looks like lol.
Closed Thread