Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-09-2023, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to point out the flaws in your "test".
I already did. I only hope he takes my advice and repeats it on a level-relevant mob that isn’t 55 below him. My bet is the dps difference will be larger.

After we get his input then the debate can begin properly on whether that extra 20 intelligence actually makes a hill of beans difference.

(Spoiler: It won’t without some serious theory-crafting with cherry picked “what if” situations where both SKs start off at 100% mana)
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-09-2023, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

I can only imagine what it's like to deal with this guy at work.

"Sales are down 13% this quarter"

"Actually..."
Old 08-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can only imagine what it's like to deal with this guy at work.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 08-09-2023, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I already did. I only hope he takes my advice and repeats it on a level-relevant mob that isn’t 55 below him. My bet is the dps difference will be larger.

After we get his input then the debate can begin properly on whether that extra 20 intelligence actually makes a hill of beans difference.

(I already won’t without some serious theory-crafting with cherry picked “what if” situations where both SKs start off at 100% mana)
You didnt point out any flaws. You are missing the entire point. The test I did is the best case scenario in terms of a DPS increase.

Fighting a mob closer to my level will simply lower the DPS done, and the DPS difference. You don't understand the forumlas if you think extra mitigation will somehow increase the DPS differences in 20 STR.

If your claim is the DPS difference will be larger, you need to prove it. Like the other thread you referenced, you simply keep asking everybody else to prove your own points.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-09-2023 at 01:44 PM..
Old 08-09-2023, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fighting a mob closer to my level will simply lower the DPS done, and the DPS difference.
It will lower your total dps yes. It will widen the dps gap when you are fighting something not trivial.

I’m 100% confident. I, unlike you, apparently understand how melee damage works in this game. It is a function of your attack, the mobs level, the mobs ac, your strength etc. the closer the mob is to your level, the more important relative attack (influenced directly by strength) is.

This is pretty basic NerdQuest knowledge man.

Go find a good dark blue mob and repeat.

Old 08-09-2023, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It will lower your total dps yes. It will widen the dps gap when you are fighting something not trivial.

I’m 100% confident. I, unlike you, apparently understand how melee damage works in this game. It is a function of your attack, the mobs level, the mobs ac, your strength etc. the closer the mob is to your level, the more important relative attack (influenced directly by strength) is.

This is simply not true. If the DPS difference is 3, and overall DPS is reduced by 25%, the difference is also reduced by 25%. I showed that here https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=105

You won't provide evidence that shows the contrary, since that is your normal behavior. Please stop lying and trolling, it just hurts other people reading this.
Old 08-09-2023, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

I don’t think you’re reading. Fighting a level 5 mob you are going to get a much more favorable hit spread (base damage + 1-20DI) than fighting a level appropriate mob. Damage bonus remains identical regardless and is a function of your level and weapon delay for 2 handers.

If fighting a level appropriate mob your average DI (1-20) per hit will be higher with 20 extra strength. That 3% will be bigger when more strength skews your damage interval to higher intervals with higher relative attack vs the mobs ac.

Max hits are gonna happen all the damn time when you parse vs a level 5 mob.

It’s not just about max hit.

This is basic NerdQuest knowledge.

Old 08-09-2023, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don’t think you’re reading. Fighting a level 5 mob you are going to get a much more favorable hit spread (base damage + 1-20DI) than fighting a level appropriate mob. Damage bonus remains identical regardless and is a function of your level and weapon delay for 2 handers.

If fighting a level appropriate mob your average DI (1-20) per hit will be higher with 20 extra strength. That 3% will be bigger when more strength skews your damage interval to higher intervals with higher relative attack vs the mobs ac.

Max hits are gonna happen all the damn time when you parse vs a level 5 mob.

It’s not just about max hit.

This is basic NerdQuest knowledge.
If you think you understand the formulas better, please post the formulas you are using and plug in the data so we can see what you are referring to. Or you can provide a video of your own showing a different DPS difference. Simply saying "I am right, and you are wrong" is irrelevant. I have provided actual in-game data here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=105. You have provided nothing but trolling.

I don't even understand what you mean by "Max hits are gonna happen all the damn time when you parse vs a level 5 mob."

If you read my post, you would see I got 11 max hits out of 496 hits on said level 5 mob lol. That is a 2.2% chance of getting a max hit. A far cry from "gonna happen all the damn time". If you are incorrect on the assumption that max hits are going to happen more often on a low level mob, perhaps you are wrong in your other assumptions too?
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-09-2023 at 02:13 PM..
Old 08-09-2023, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Go find a good dark blue mob and repeat.
Fighting two different mobs with the same ac but different levels - you will land hits more reliably and for a higher DI on the lower level mob.

In two instances of fighting the same mob with the same level and the same ac - you will land higher DI spreads the more attack (influenced by strength) you have.

You have chosen an extraordinary (not typical) level 5 mob. You have such a dramatic level advantage that your parse is not fully relevant. There is still value in the parse but your data would be more meaningful vs a more realistic target.

Please repeat your methods on a mob that is not 55 levels below you.

Old 08-09-2023, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Fighting two different mobs with the same ac but different levels - you will land hits more reliably and for a higher DI on the lower level mob.

In two instances of fighting the same mob with the same level and the same ac - you will land higher DI spreads the more attack (influenced by strength) you have.

You have chosen an extraordinary (not typical) level 5 mob.

Please repeat your methods on a mob that is not 55 levels below you.
Please explain what you meant here:

Quote:
"Max hits are gonna happen all the damn time when you parse vs a level 5 mob."
If you read my post https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=105 , you would see I got 11 max hits out of 496 hits on said level 5 mob. That is a 2.2% chance of getting a max hit. This data is directly contradicting your point.

Are you conceding that you were incorrect on this point?

I am still waiting for you to provide the formulas you are using, as well as the data you are plugging in to said formulas. This should be an easy one for you if this is "basic knowledge".
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-09-2023 at 02:22 PM..