Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
without question has the highest testicular fortitude outta all presidents ever.
I was unaware of this important criteria to lead my country
Old 07-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The author is a professor in political science. Not surprising to me because everyone that studies political science and isn't paid to think otherwise knows our military spending is out of control and creating a lot of problems. It's completely non-controversial all over the world.

Don't hold your breathe for Germany to double is military spending. Germany simply doesn't have to and doesn't have the kind of private interest to push it through because Trump asked them.
i don't understand this. you understand that in the absence of American hegemony, there will be foreign hegemony, no? I know you cited a number before that liek 50% of our budget or something crazy goes to defense spending. is that why you think it's too high? where's that number come from?
Old 07-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieRockyl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was unaware of this important criteria to lead my country
it's a big thing tbh.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Banned

Something, something, LBJ showing everyone his dick
Old 07-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't understand this. you understand that in the absence of American hegemony, there will be foreign hegemony, no? I know you cited a number before that liek 50% of our budget or something crazy goes to defense spending. is that why you think it's too high? where's that number come from?
Quote:
The real figure for military spending by the US is 66.3% of the discretionary federal budget

Military spending, even when it does get reported, is often only referred to in terms of the increase being proposed, without the total budget outlay ever being provided. It is reported (including in the Times!) wrong in so many ways. For example, while the actual Pentagon budget outlay is sometimes mentioned, the amount of the interest on the debt that is for prior military spending that was financed through borrowing is not included. Nor is the spending on veterans’ health care, which is surely part of military spending. Nor is the share of the Energy Department budget that is for nuclear weapons included. According to the National Priorities Project, the 2015 budget for the military was $598 billion, which represented 54% of all federal discretionary spending. That number didn’t include over $100 billion in veterans spending and $26 billion for nuclear weapons, bringing the total to about $730 billion. 2015 total discretionary spending was $1.1 trillion,so including nuke spending and veterans spending, spending on the military represented 63% of the total. In other words two-thirds of your tax bill!re
There's many numbers floating out there -- but one thing is for sure, they obscure the real number of military spending with all kinds of budget tricks. The pentagon has black budgets where we don't even know what is being spent on what.

You understand, a lot of this money effectly goes in the pocket of Boeing, Amazon, and other companies that are paid by the military to for stuff...and its all super secret and we can't know about it -- national security you know.

So I just don't buy the idea that its all there to make us safer. Its stupid to believe that. We do know that NATO spending is x13 times higher than Russia which is the biggest competitor we can come up with.

None of this has prevented China from out maneuvering us on cyber warfare and trade -- because its not about that. It's about pay days for the military industrial complex.

American hegemony doesn't really work the way we thought it was going to. You can't just build a lot of planes, tanks and bombs and control the world. Not unless your planing to actually go Hitler on everyone and annex them...but not even the US can do that in reality.

One of the biggest problems is American (the older generation especially) attitudes about this issue. "Well I don't know shit -- but something tells me I should just not worry about it and trust the "experts" that are all getting rich of the status quo." That's got to end or we will go the way Japan did when they just let their military decide foreign policy.

There is a reason we elect a civilian as commander and chief.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is how I know you're not American.
CAW CAW BITCH
Old 07-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Banned

fucking austrialian
Old 07-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's many numbers floating out there -- but one thing is for sure, they obscure the real number of military spending with all kinds of budget tricks. The pentagon has black budgets where we don't even know what is being spent on what.

You understand, a lot of this money effectly goes in the pocket of Boeing, Amazon, and other companies that are paid by the military to for stuff...and its all super secret and we can't know about it -- national security you know.

So I just don't buy the idea that its all there to make us safer. Its stupid to believe that. We do know that NATO spending is x13 times higher than Russia which is the biggest competitor we can come up with.

None of this has prevented China from out maneuvering us on cyber warfare and trade -- because its not about that. It's about pay days for the military industrial complex.

American hegemony doesn't really work the way we thought it was going to. You can't just build a lot of planes, tanks and bombs and control the world. Not unless your planing to actually go Hitler on everyone and annex them...but not even the US can do that in reality.

One of the biggest problems is American (the older generation especially) attitudes about this issue. "Well I don't know shit -- but something tells me I should just not worry about it and trust the "experts" that are all getting rich of the status quo." That's got to end or we will go the way Japan did when they just let their military decide foreign policy.

There is a reason we elect a civilian as commander and chief.
Oh that's right, I remember now, it was discretionary spending. most of our spending still goes to caring for people who have made poor life decisions though.

China outmaneuvers us because their 'elected' officials must navigate an extraordinarily competitive environment to secure their position rather than just talk about babies, jesus and butstuff to get elected. voters elect the best liars and sincerest retards. another major difference between china and the us is smart people. There, smart people (if they don't leave) have a vested interest in their nation, in the us, they lament it.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/xi-image...-disappearance

JD what for who?

Communists on blast

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 07-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Ms Dong was last seen live-streaming a video of herself defacing a public poster.

“Behind me is a portrait of Xi Jinping. I want to say publicly that I oppose the tyranny of Xi Jinping’s dictatorship and the brain-control oppression imposed by the Chinese Communist Party,” she tells the camera.
'She was definitely going to disappear'

Artist Hua Yong was watching online and tweeted his concern for her safety.

Now based in China’s southern Yunnan province, he was detained for criticising the government after documenting Beijing’s mass evictions of migrant workers last year.

“She was definitely going to disappear, that was my first reaction to seeing her post!” he told SBS News.

Before disappearing, Ms Dong reportedly tweeted an image of three men outside her home.

“From her last tweet you can see through the peephole one plainclothes police and two uniformed police at her door,” Hua Yong claimed.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread