Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you agree to roll on scout?
Agree 153 65.95%
Disagree 79 34.05%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally think people who sell this bottleneck quest are scum but I swear to god I'll burn this down to defend their right to do so. This isn't coordinating a dragon raid... A raid leader has a legitimate right to dictate loot distribution. This is literally a rando making STRONG rules about small group content.
That's a strange hill to die on imo.

This isn't a democracy. There are no rights. Greed rollers can foad.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Is this a potential RMT loss for some folks? Otherwise, I do not see the issue. OP should have been a bit more diplomatic about the proposal though.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

One thought: change the quest so the giants pop when scout pops, and add variance. Make the Captain an FTE mob like Lodi, etc. This would be in line with how essentially every other significant item camp / minor raid mob is. Not classic, but very P99 and we do play on P99.

I like the communal spirit of rolling, and would prefer that, but there are a variety of implementation challenges as this thread demonstrates.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eudaimonia_etc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thought: change the quest so the giants pop when scout pops, and add variance. Make the Captain an FTE mob like Lodi, etc. This would be in line with how essentially every other significant item camp / minor raid mob is. Not classic, but very P99 and we do play on P99.

I like the communal spirit of rolling, and would prefer that, but there are a variety of implementation challenges as this thread demonstrates.
Rolls work fine for me, but if you wanted FTE race you dont need to change mob behaviour so much. Just make turn in an FTE race from SG ZL or DN or something. But its not really a raid mob soooooo.... rolls better
Old 10-06-2017, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

The majority of the players at scout roll are casual scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP you did a pretty terrible job of making your case. I generally support players working together so was going to vote yes, but you persuaded me to not vote at all.

Reminder: These items make you 1% or less more efficient at killing every mob in the game. People showing up every day for months for a marginally better item, holy shit. If you want it that bad you might as well farm the plat and buy the loot rights.

Also reminder: Vox/Naggy have been on this server for ~8 years and neckbeards just agreed to let casuals have a player made agreement for them like a month ago. Gonna take at least another 5 years for them to relinquish control of Scout loot rights to casuals.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Banned

None of this would have happened if A-team didn't get epics.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a strange hill to die on imo.

This isn't a democracy. There are no rights. Greed rollers can foad.
These type of posts are amazing.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

Another scout roll went off without a hitch. Embrace the power of positivity, you shitlords. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another scout roll went off without a hitch. Embrace the power of positivity, you shitlords. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one was saying they would prefer a clickfest over a roll off, they are just saying you pushing your opinion that the winner should have to then also loot the disk is a horrible one. Yet you continue to prove yourself to be unable to comprehend that every time you post. Notice how even he OP has stopped replying, he sees that it is a losing battle and he has been out voted.

No one is campaigning against your roll off for scout, just your ignorant assumption that the only people who should be allowed to roll are those who would use the item.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

It makes me sad we're on the same side of an argument. OP, I concede to your terms.
Closed Thread