Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:33 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given how P1999 detects third-party program use, if the account was flagged odds are the program was in use. If the owner was concurrently running another eqemulator for a server that permits usage of that particular program, the account will get flagged on P1999.=
Not accurate. The only accounts I ban are the ones where MQ2 attached itself to the p99 account (AKA, MQ2 was running specifically inside the p99 window).
Old 05-31-2013, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll refund as soon as i get to the bottom of this debacle because I know for I fact i've never used a third party program. I honestly don't even know what MQ is.
Let us help you.

Give us the facts of how you obtained this account.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the clarification Ephi; my information was well out of date. Of course, the way you do it now moves false positives from "unlikely" to "virtually impossible."

Danth
Old 05-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a relatively unknown player, and have not been playing here very long. I have a friend who played on this server a great deal and acquired a healthy chunk of gear and cash. He decided to quit playing due to job circumstances in his life. He turned his account over to me and told me I could do what I wanted to with it, including selling his stuff, twinking my own characters, whatever.

I then decided that the classes I had been playing thus far weren't for me, so I took my assets I had acquired and purchased an account for 45k + Most of a Tier'Dal set. The account was being sold by a person on these forums named "Chtulu". I now know the error in my ways. The account had already been flagged for RMT prior to my purchase of the account, and needless to say within one week of buying the account, it was banned.

Upon research I found that Chtulu was not a very liked person on these forums, and had I known the depth of how far his bad reputation went I wouldn't have purchased the account. Now I am having to start over entirely, and I am strongly considering quitting because I just don't think I have the will to do everything over again.

So morals of the story here are these:

1) Don't buy accounts until you have thoroughly explored the seller's reputation.
2) Understand that because of the recent RMT banwave, there will be many people trying to dump off accounts for whatever quick buck they can acquire, leaving the buyer completely screwed.

This is not supposed to be a pity party. I know what I did wrong in this mess, and I know now what to do and what not to do. I just made this post so that maybe someone else out there will avoid my fate. Take care, everyone.

Ahh! That shmuks account is still ping-ponging around. My condolences.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Don't go man. I'll help you get some gear + levels.

Sucks that dildos run around doing shitty things on this server. So lame.

If account sales are going to remain legal maybe there could be some volunteer work done writing up some code for an official account transfer hub (I'll volunteer!). Take %5 of the sale, nuke the plat, check account for flags, if everything is solid -- complete the transfer. Remove some plat, remove some cheaters, stop some potential cheaters that will just dump the account, and stop the headaches of the staff that comes with stuff like this.

Cookie for me?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cookie for me?
No cookie for you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Account sales needs to stop, not be encouraged.

Red99
Old 05-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well if you're implying that I am potentially the one who used MQ2, you should probably look at the story as a whole. Why on earth would I buy an account, twink it out, and then hack with a program that is totally detectable by the GMs... and even then within 3 or 4 days of owning the account. It just makes no sense.
I see 0 point to this tbh. Just because you got an account and geared it doesn't mean you wouldn't fire up MQ if that was something you did. Like I said, you both are blowin the clean whistle, but the only proof here is that the account at one point was used for MQ, so unless this was a ping-pong account before Cthulu sold it to you, then it greatly narrows down the guilty party
Old 05-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No cookie for you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Account sales needs to stop, not be encouraged.
You sound like an anti-marijuana advocate. Sometimes the lesser beast is regulation. They can't "stop" account sales, with the dozens of accounts that top end guilds share for tracking/camping uses, you can't really use a shared ip as grounds for banning. And in the case of Platlord, we've seen that a 3rd party website is a very tangible way for people to conduct business on this server absent of the rules and regulations enforced through this site
Old 05-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am. That's why I am leaving. I don't agree with the policies. I don't agree with the decision made by the GMs, I don't agree with the fact that Chtulu got almost 50k and a Tier Dal set for my getting essentially reset in exchange.

Your condescension isn't warranted or needed. Perhaps my tone changed a bit because arrogant, trenchant douchebags decided to come into a thread in which I was trying to provide a warning to benefit everyone else and derailed it by attacking my character for buying an account.

Now please, get out of this thread. You've said your piece, I've said mine, and you have nothing more constructive to contribute.
Sorry if I am coming off as arrogant. I still think you should maybe take a little time off before you make the decision to leave completely, and I really don't think making that decision on whether or not the dude refunds you is the way to go. You've already gotten many responses from people who will help you out, so you may even come out of this on top by making more friends in game.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

are you seriously crying about having to start the game EVERYONE else has? just because you lost something someone else gave you? you're a little bitch dude lol. please just quit now
Closed Thread