Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

Some of the AA abilities should have been put in at the start of classic. Like spell crits for wizards. That was something that was needed from day one to separate wizards from other mage type classes. Not do damage, but to showcase their burst damage. Same with other caster AAs.

People fear the moon because it was new. Some of it sucked, but some of the zones kicked ass. Saying bazaar was what was the start of the downfall is just silly. If me sending a tell to someone about an item for a price etc is part of the game then killing moon snakes is just as worthy. The afk ec tunnel people are just like the bazaar. Just if you had the bazaar you can sell your shit without having to deal with people calling you names, spamming you with spells to try and lag out or train you.
Last edited by Rais; 04-12-2015 at 05:56 PM..
Old 04-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Kobold

The bazaar was so liberating.
EC tunnel is a tedious spam of macros or shift+up, while telling low-ball offers they can fuck off and no, you will not trade your hiero cloak for a full set of banded, a bard only weapon and a stack of bone chips.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Banned

If you dont like the EC tunnel, then I cant help you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2015, 07:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

The Luclin zones were void of life.

You had NPCs with flavor text, and very few meaningful quests.

No one cares about the Nexus port bullshit, It meant nothing at the time. It was just a matter of the zone population being ass (Case and Point: Marus Seru, Shadeweaver), the zone connection being horrendous, Vex Thal being the only meaningful quest... list goes on.
There's also some Luclin spells that were horrendously OP.
Beastlords? Basically shamans that suck.

The good things out of Luclin were arguably Hollowshade Moor, Dawnshroud, Griegs End, Grimling Forest. If the Bazaar was launched with offline selling, I'm sure it would have been better and more accepted than the online selling dickery.
Also, solution to Nexus portin? Don't make Druids/Wizards able to port there, or make the only way to get there being via Druids/Wizards, but not both.

In terms of PoK... the only way I would like to see Knowledge done if ever implemented is only accessible from Druids/Wizards, and keep the stones in the zone. That way Druids/Wizards can just port there and you don't have to say 'port to nro, port to sro, port to wc' but instead 'port me to pok'

That's it. Luclin was a horrible expansion outside of the good things I listed.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 04-12-2015, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

make PoK FFA PvP zone
Old 04-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No one cares about the Nexus port bullshit, It meant nothing at the time. It was just a matter of the zone population being ass (Case and Point: Marus Seru, Shadeweaver), the zone connection being horrendous, Vex Thal being the only meaningful quest... list goes on.

The good things out of Luclin were arguably Hollowshade Moor, Dawnshroud, Griegs End, Grimling Forest. If the Bazaar was launched with offline selling, I'm sure it would have been better and more accepted than the online selling dickery.
Also, solution to Nexus portin? Don't make Druids/Wizards able to port there, or make the only way to get there being via Druids/Wizards, but not both.

In terms of PoK... the only way I would like to see Knowledge done if ever implemented is only accessible from Druids/Wizards, and keep the stones in the zone. That way Druids/Wizards can just port there and you don't have to say 'port to nro, port to sro, port to wc' but instead 'port me to pok'

This is very personal and unfair justifactions man. Please don't try to ruin it for us. Luclin was my favorite expansion. I hope to see it here someday.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is very personal and unfair justifactions man. Please don't try to ruin it for us. Luclin was my favorite expansion. I hope to see it here someday.
I honestly liked SoL, minus the character models. Cats are not terribly far from a roleplay standpoint, since we had the Kerran on Odus
Old 04-12-2015, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sigil Earring of Veracity was a fantastic quest line. As was the Loyalist Shield.

Earring of Solstice was another fantastic quest line -- That most people don't actually understand is the quest took a lot of figuring out, most people just saw the guide on EQTraders and did it after the full guide was released.

Luclin spells being horrendously OP... not really :/. The two most cited are KEI + Group Aego. The problem with this is they are merely a matter of convenience when compared to Kunark spells. Group version of Aegolism just allows you to group the buff. KEI is just the combination of GoB+E+C2 rolled into 1 super expensive, group only spell.

The problem with them, was more a problem with those spells being castable on level 1s when you grouped with them. Not so much them being OP at level 60. If you added these spells in Velious, you really wouldn't see much change with raiding or grouping.

Other spells of mention would be Bard AoE Songs (AE Resists and Regen). This allowed raids with few bards to still reap the benefits of bardage without requiring 1 per group. 1 per group was still optimal but it greatly enhanced raiding when you only had 2 bards present on AE Heavy events. Druid SoE, merging See Invis/Levitate/SoW was fantastic for convenience. Several others got some more group buffs for single velious spells or the reverse situation. All matters of convenience.

Good things of mention beyond this for Luclin:
  • AAs allowed you to exp on your main character and not be throwing it away, actually meaningfully progressing your character. Come Velious my druid at max EXP will gain nothing being in a group, I am better served sitting outside the group and letting people get more exp by me not being inside the group while we farm or quest. Thats dumb.
  • Tradeskills became meaningful. Baking/Brewing adds decent stat food (Misty Thicket Picnics and Kaladim Constitutionals for example). These are "minor" stats compared to gear but it gave min/maxers something to get and allowed tradeskillers to profit. Smithing/Tailoring's revamp with 2.0 versions of Cultural that were actually pretty solid beyond just the 1 good set in classic (dwarves OP crap). Pottery added the Faith/Hate stones, a 30s portal to the guild-hall of the race/diety for Clerics/Shamans. A nice alternative to an OT hammer, fantastic addition to the game. Leatherfoot Haversack bags were introduced in Luclin also. PoP really refined the Tradeskills adding even more value to every TS (PoP Bows, Pottery Focus Items, Jewelry from every plane, Armor sets from EPs and half the other planes, Baked/Brewed goods from every plane...)
  • Spells + AAs Balanced out classes. Druid's getting Tunare's Renewal was huge to give them a solid role on raids without unbalancing the game and replacing clerics entirely. Looking at the old Cleric posts complaining about druids getting a 3k HP heal compared to their 10k HP heal for the same cast/mana is hilarious. Adding in Wizard critical blasts + raremode spells. Ranger's getting EQ + AM3, etc.
  • Rare Mode spells - This sort of was introduced in Velious/Chardok Revamp. But I am a big fan of this, basically certain spells would only drop from a single camp or single named/raid mob. This made spells not something that everyone's alt just has for free. You had to actively camp them, and sometimes the camps sucked, but this is a case that brought communities together, in the same way monks remininsced about how terrible camping Raster was or Targrin. The same conversations and memories about camping someone's Levitation or Dead Men Floating or Elemental/Purifying Chorus, etc.
  • Beastlords - This class took awhile for Verant to sort them out but by PoP they were pretty solid. Decent DPS, utility spells (Spiritual line was HP/Mana Regen stacking with others, plus the SV line having HP/ATK on the Brell HP spell slot). At 65 they finally got a slow that made them a valuable slower in a group. Their pets were solid and could tank in a pinch if needed. With AAs, specifically MGB Paragon they filled a crucial raid role on endurance fights, making raiding a bit more intricate and interesting.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are the only one making me feel guilty about t his whole thing successfully clark.

Ok first of all, I appreciate luclin because its EQ and if my 99 friends like luclin then its OK by me.

But still, I don't want it on p99 ever.. a recycle server will be WAY more what the doctor ordered for this box!
Old 04-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Aviak

Tiered raiding was good, itemization was good, storyline was terrible (with the exception of Ssra), beastlord was stupid, moon cats should all be put in a garbage bag and thrown into a river.
Closed Thread