Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I care about bad justifications for nerfing 16yr old content to appeal to the 'majority' of people on the forums and zero indication that the forums represent the server as a whole, only the loudest and seemingly the most ignorant.

I care about the hypocrisy of the admins claiming to care about a 'classic experience' when it suits them and ignoring it when it differs from their desires.
Found the AE shitlord that dreads having to actually level characters and farm real camps for plat
Old 09-06-2016, 06:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I care about bad justifications for nerfing 16yr old content to appeal to the 'majority' of people on the forums and zero indication that the forums represent the server as a whole, only the loudest and seemingly the most ignorant.
Why? Seems like nerfing 16 year old content to appeal to the majority of people is justification in itself, good or bad is mere opinion, why is yours better than someone else's? Arrogance? Befits a first year undergrad who regurgitates his logic textbook on internet forums.
Quote:
I care about the hypocrisy of the admins claiming to care about a 'classic experience' when it suits them and ignoring it when it differs from their desires.
Their stated mission on the About Page http://www.project1999.com/index.php?pageid=about is to recreate the classic feeling, so where's the hypocrisy? Put up a poll if you like, you won't find many who agree with you that bard swarming to the extent it's been done here feels classic. I never new bard swarming and Chardok AE was a thing until I started here and I played live the first 5 years. Are you mad that they're not catering to your own personal desires?
Quote:
Maybe the community is too stupid to be insulted by Rogan's words, I am not sure. nm it's the internet, what am I thinking?
Why are you insulted? Did they ask you to play here? Did they promise you Bard and Chardok AE? Did they make a crack about your mother when they took it away? If this is what you find insulting, you may not want to go outside or use the internet. It's an offensive world out there.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:29 AM
Skeleton

Edible Goo combine doesn't work anymore since patch , plzz fix. Soulfire quest is disturb.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why? Seems like nerfing 16 year old content to appeal to the majority of people is justification in itself, good or bad is mere opinion, why is yours better than someone else's? Arrogance? Befits a first year undergrad who regurgitates his logic textbook on internet forums.
Their stated mission on the About Page http://www.project1999.com/index.php?pageid=about is to recreate the classic feeling, so where's the hypocrisy? Put up a poll if you like, you won't find many who agree with you that bard swarming to the extent it's been done here feels classic. I never new bard swarming and Chardok AE was a thing until I started here and I played live the first 5 years. Are you mad that they're not catering to your own personal desires?
Why are you insulted? Did they ask you to play here? Did they promise you Bard and Chardok AE? Did they make a crack about your mother when they took it away? If this is what you find insulting, you may not want to go outside or use the internet. It's an offensive world out there.
Don't bother with that one. He was whining about the epic level nerfs and suggesting the removal of MQing all together so it wouldn't impact him. Guy doesn't give a shit about "classic mechanics" - only cares about what impacts him.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Two of the most annoying occurences in the game regarding leveling are being nerfed, this should be celebrated.

That being solo bards swarm-kiting entire zones and Chardok Proxy leveling sales being ran by rich and lazy players who didn't want to put forth any effort into leveling a new toon.

No idea how this change isn't viewed as a positive one. I personally have to say THANKS devs. Maybe a bit late, but better now than never.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Banned

You know what they did on classic to stop bards from swarming that is still in effect on live to this day?

When a bard-DoTed enemy is moving, the song does zero damage. When the DoTed enemy stands still, it does its full damage. The Chardok thing is just horse crap
Old 09-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Don't like it? Leave.

Great job dev's!

-Love Andain.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Skeleton

I can see all sides on the PB AoE issue, we don't know ALL the reasons why the dev's decided to change but largely I'm guessing they felt it just wasn't "classic" because it largely wasn't done on live.

Just because it wasn't done or done often on live doesn't mean it wasn't classic or it doesn't belong in game. One of the greatest changes to Live was that the original developers did see issues they either created or seen needed to be changed and made corrections as they seen fit, they did not make a perfect system. BP AoE spells to my knowledge never had limited targets even until current day.

By changing ALL BP AoE spells it changed the mechanics not just for bards but Wizard, Druids, ShadowKnights, etc. BP AoE spells for Druids can be used for factioning in zones like The Warrens or Droga, this was largely done on Live and very often. Wizards have a large selection of BP AoE's, nuff said. SK's have the spell Wave of Enfeeblement (Str Debuff) or Word of Spirit (Small AE DD), these are not game breaking but they do have their uses.

However there are alternatives that could have been selected to correct problem swarm kitting if they felt that was too big of an issue. Here are some better alternatives that could add additional flavor to the mix that would take swarm kitting from a solo skill to a group effort in CoM, Chardok, etc:

*Randomly select certain NPC's to summon (this would still allow swarm kitting but have group effort and not afk effort for the ones getting power leveled.
*Increase run speed of select NPC's (Same as above, would require additional players to interact and clear problem mobs and still allow players the ability to swarm just with additional help.)
*Change NPC Pathing (This would be an interesting change that could allow NPC's to path in a way to not pull the entire zone. To naturally decrease the number of NPC's that could be pulled at once.)

There are many changes that could of been selected to change or correct the issue and still allow the base game mechanics to remain the same. I think limiting the BP AoE's to 25 will just further frustrate players in these zones because Bards will take up more available time and further limit the zone to other players.

Also on a side note power leveling has always been classic but to me classic power leveling was done with Clerics, Druids, Shamans and Enchanters buffing groups and having them attack mobs, taking damage and receiving the experience themselves. I remember Guk, SolB, Unreset, etc being hot-spots for this kind of activity. Damage Shields on live was considered you doing damage to the NPC's and you received experience, I know its not that way here you have to do at LEAST 1 point of damage to the NPC before you receive experience from the kill.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Orc

Quote:
Reverse order: Your opinion on what should or shouldn't be the case is irrelevant to what was the case and how the game was played originally. People have taken it to extremes here[p99] due to knowing everything about the game.

As for the comparison:

I was giving an example to illustrate the point of fallacy. Rogan said:

Literally his own words as justification as to why the change needed to be made. Its a bad argument. My using his same logic and applying it elsewhere to show why it is bad logic and a bad argument is not a stretch.

The other people agreeing with the nerf has no baring on the nerf being right or wrong, or the conclusion reached being reasonable and that is why it is a logical fallacy.

"Because fuck you[bards/wizards/enchanters/ae groups], that's why" is a better reason than a logical fallacy to justify why a change needs to be made or some bullshit excuse about system specs/internet of the time etc.

Source: http://www.informit.com/library/cont...band&seqNum=17

It's a bullshit excuse. Swarm kiting was a thing in classic EQ, AE groups were a thing in classic EQ. This is a fact.

If you are going to try to call me out, at least get the name right.

I never made the claim they were, strawman. I was speaking specifically at the mass (a mob burning a witch) and claiming to be justified because the majority agreed. I never claimed witch burning and video games were alike.

I see why you would think, incorrectly, that that was my point, which it was not because arguing against the point I made would be futile.

Blue and red are irrelevant in this discussion. I couldn't care less about red v blue and it has no influence on my argument regarding this nerf.

I have no objection to them doing as they will on their server, but be honest about it and stop using the 'classic/not classic' bullshit shield, appeals to popularity of idiots on the forums, or made up computer spec issues to justify those actions.

Maybe the community is too stupid to be insulted by Rogan's words, I am not sure. nm it's the internet, what am I thinking?
+1
Old 09-06-2016, 10:24 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never new bard swarming and Chardok AE was a thing until I started here and I played live the first 5 years.
I never new that either... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Looks like someone should have regurgitated their first-year college grammar book when on internet forums....

Quote:
Arrogance? Befits a first year undergrad who regurgitates his logic textbook on internet forums.
... toolbag.
Closed Thread