Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's different because kronor is worth real world money.

On rage fire I recall there being like 8 picks in the guks. A few in oot. Maybe because it was new, high pop, classic only at the time.
Items in classic EQ were worth real world money too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-28-2016, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said I don't like bragging. I said the so called "competition" on P99 is something nobody should be bragging about or proud of. It's literally a "Who can stare at wall the longest" contest. If you wanna jump up and down and declare yourself the wallstare champion then more power to you but I'm gonna pass on that.

My character took almost the same amount of time to level on Phinny as my Shaman originally did on P99. Shaman maybe slightly longer but definitely not by any significant amount. Not sure where you're getting the no effort or hardship from. It's basically exactly the same amount as P99 pre-raiding. Unless not having a compass or target rings qualifies as "hardship"? I've purchased a grand total of 0 xp pots. The only xp pots I've received are the ones you get for free with your 500 pts per month. I've also purchased a grand total of 0 items beyond the initial fungi staff/CoS purchase. Literally every item I'm wearing was earned in the traditional way. Could have EASILY earned my own fungi staff and CoS as well but like I've said 100 times already I bought them early cause I thought they'd get nerfed before I could get them. Not to mention that I only paid 1 krono for staff and 0.5 for CoS and I now have 5 krono on my account that I earned completely in game. If you're too lazy to do the math that means I earned over 3x what I spent in krono originally just by playing. I don't assume anyone spent Kronos on any of their gear because quite frankly it's really not necessary. Besides the exception of 2 items absolutely vital to my class that I thought would be nerfed in a matter of days I've never felt compelled to spend any RL money on anything since I started on Phinny. Your narrative (as usual) is completely false and idiotic but I expect you'll largely ignore everything I've said and continue repeating it anyway right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for 60 being anti climactic its quite the contrary my friend. When you get 60 on Phinny you can start raiding and getting pixels with your guild without some scumfuck guild at the top hoarding everything. I've been doing raids whether official BDA raids or just unofficial small raids on random stuff almost every single night since I hit 60. I'd argue hitting 60 on P99 is significantly more anti climactic cause all you have to look forward to is pooping in socks in Velious era for the rest of time. Join A/A or get basically zero pixels. Doesn't sound appealing to me in the least.
Don't worry, we'll still be here when daybreak ruins everything. Lockjaw and ragefire send their regards.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:42 PM
Banned

Ya wink wink. But when it's built into the game and allowed it's a little different I would think. Thanks for clarification.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also buying items directly from a cash shop isn't the same as buying from someone who's camped it. Endless supply available etc.
Endless supply of Krono =/= Endless supply of things to buy with Krono. You don't open the "cash shop" and buy gear. Once again displaying you have no idea what you're talking about. You're still limited by the drops in game same as if you bought the items directly. Krono is basically just another word for a chunk of platinum you have the option of buying from Daybreak. There's an unlimited supply of krono available at hill giants in rathe mountains just farm 5k and buy one.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:37 PM
Banned

I used an xp pot or 2 myself at ragefire launch. I don't know how this is a bad thing. Can you clarify?
Old 06-28-2016, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

WTB pvp tlp server.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sektor would win, and push Daybreak shares up overnight.
LOL
Old 06-28-2016, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sektor would win, and push Daybreak shares up overnight.
swish isn't joking, sektor got cucked hard on live before gearing up on the 40$ sub server
Old 06-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
The usual BDA shitfest of "Phinigel more classic than P99 because we don't like the raid scene, P99 players leaving in droves"

...then when you get down to the meat of it, they're balls deep in the cash shop buying items, their pixels are instanced and uncontested, and they sound off like they beat the game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

XP pots weren't classic, unless I have a really selective memory.
  • Phinigel has raiding that feels more classic than P99 raiding
  • P99 is more classic on nearly everything else
  • I give ZERO fucks about what is and isn't classic. We're playing a game here. What matters is fun not "classic" level
  • Who gives a fuck whether or not xp potions were used if it takes roughly the same time to lvl to max on either server
  • Swish STILL does not understand how krono/cash shop works and seems to think you can just open a cash shop window and buy armor with your credit card. Wish he'd at least try to get a basic understanding of the topic before talking so much about it
  • Swish's brain works about as well as the raid scene on P99
Old 06-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Banned

Well, p99 isn't classic either. This PROJECT through that term around only when it's convenient. It's a grey hybrid zombie of masochism.

Cash shop, ya I can see the complaint. Last I checked it only had bags and cosmetic garbage and experience pota. People would buy krono to trade for items, not buy items from shop.

Instancing is closer to classic than p99 where it's literally paintdry javquest. At least in 99-01 there were more than one server and most of the competition was across guilds on server A trying to be first or have more loot concentration than guild on server B. There isn't any cOmpetition on red or blue.
Closed Thread