Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I mean if the rules mention that Gwan is allowed during raid bans, then that particular extension should be lifted. Especially since you can't get to 1.5 without first going to isle 1..
Do the rules mention Gwan is allowed during raid bans, or do they simply mention Gwan isn't a raid mob?

What is and isn't a raid mob actually is relevant to things other than raid bans, you know.

Still playing Devil's advocate, my deepest sympathies to Core. From your side of the story things do sound pretty … interesting (not wanting to staff bash here[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
Old 09-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

So what are all these addicts gonna do for 2 months? Get clean and become upstanding members of society? Or just get alts to lvl 60?
Old 09-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what are all these addicts gonna do for 2 months? Get clean and become upstanding members of society? Or just get alts to lvl 60?
use their other accounts with multiple 60s and raid on those in other guilds
Old 09-19-2018, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good chance of either outcome depending on whether they continue playing during the break. I estimate it takes about a month to completely break from an EQ habit. That’s been the case for me since I was 17. You have to force yourself back into it. Because you... the people here. Right.

If they stay away and don’t have misguided feelings of true friendship towards electronic companions, yes they have a real shot a being productive citizens. This is all hypothetical, of course, but I’m currently testing the theory. Should take about same time to fix your life as it would to have a new lv60 raiding toon. Hard choice!
Old 09-19-2018, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Not that I’m necessarily suggesting that Core individuals have an unhealthy relationship to EQ compared to the two top (average BMI) raiding guilds on the server; however, from personal experience I can equate a casual EQ habit to how I imagine a causal meth habit would go.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do find it strange that staff felt that a 30 day suspension extension and personal suspensions on every officers account was an appropriate response.
This is some SAD SHIT boys. What a state P99 is in.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
1800 gold pieces.....2 pieces at a time.....times 5 clicks per turn in....= nine THOUSAND clicks on my mouse.

Took me from apprehensive to ally. So it still works. as of 10-17-04
Everquest: It’s kind of a bad game.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest: It’s kind of a bad game.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:07 PM
Kobold

Careful questioning the GMs there fellas - you might get accused of "promoting RMT" and get your 2009 forum account nuked
Old 09-19-2018, 01:27 PM
Aviak

Yes, my initial reaction to this wasnt receptive. I havent liked these suspensions since day 1, and it's clearly coming to a head. We all see there is a problem. But we do need to work with Sirken here. We are all human. Sirken has known my feelings about this for quite some time. We have obviously had our disagreements over the years and this is one is no different.

Sirken is in the midst of a move. He is not ignoring the issue. Hopefully something can be worked on soon.
Closed Thread