Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Kobold

I dont even see the issue here. Theres no real proof you could bind in TOV and i feel like it was common knowledge that you couldnt. AFIAK on live today you cant bind there
Old 12-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Recently we evaluated many underutilized dungeons and considered reasons why they might be underutilized. Some people suggested that proximity of bind locations plays a part, and as such we are considering adding more binding locations to the game. We of course will not allow everyone to bind on the doorstep of a dungeon, but these changes should hopefully reduce the potential run for a melee class. While additional binding locations probably will not be in the next patch, we did want to discuss our thoughts on the matter.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/edit...rs_letter.html

Quote:
Exactly where a caster can bind themselves depends on what area of the game we're talking about. In the area of the original game (i.e. Antonica, Faydwer, and Odus) a caster can bind themself anywhere, inside or out. In Kunark and Velious, however, they are only able to bind themselves in outdoor areas, and can not be bound in dungeons
http://web.archive.org/web/200712300...bindguide.html
Last edited by Ikon; 12-04-2016 at 06:16 PM..
Old 12-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
He earlier states being bound at PoM would be great and then unequivocally states "as you can't bind in ToV."
You could definitely bind in PoM
Quote:
be aware that you can no longer bind in PoM, on live servers.

PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong, but i dont think i am, because if i am wrong, time for me to go back to pom, so correct me fast
Link
Last edited by Ikon; 12-04-2016 at 07:08 PM..
Old 12-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

double post
Old 12-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont even see the issue here. Theres no real proof you could bind in TOV and i feel like it was common knowledge that you couldnt. AFIAK on live today you cant bind there
I think the real issue is that the CSR staff doesn't want to deal with the inevitable shitshow when ToV raiding is turned on its head. On the other hand, there are a lot of bored raiders that would greatly enjoy having a new challenge to overcome.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Should just make ToV no CSR like VP was, and remove all the unclassic binds.

The countertraining skills will be improved immensely the weeks to follow such a change.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

bump, not that classic mechanics actually matter on this server
Old 12-12-2016, 01:12 AM
Fire Giant

I really don't think anyone should use arguments that it was classic because that really doesn't apply anymore. It's now about being fair and fun factor. If shit was classic bards would be incredibly broken and wizards could already port to EJ by now from anywhere.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't think anyone should use arguments that it was classic because that really doesn't apply anymore. It's now about being fair and fun factor. If shit was classic bards would be incredibly broken and wizards could already port to EJ by now from anywhere.
How would it be unfair not to allow binding in dungeons like it was on classic. And fun would be actually raiding, clearing your way to a mob and using your class skills to do so. Whats fun about about turning up to a zoneline, getting coth to a trivial mob and gating out?
Old 12-12-2016, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizards can port to EJ from anywhere, and Bards are very broken...
Closed Thread