Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol this last page reads like the dialogue of the nu-crime Law and Order type shows my wife watches rife with buzzword nu-political word salad.
Haven't watched anything on tv in like a decade. It's all just fractal variations on everything I, or anybody, has ever watched anyway. Turning on the tv is like that scene in the matrix with the architect. Nothing being said is anything more than radio blah blah, but the fact there are x number of TV's is an effective graphic representation of what our tesseract feels like sometimes.

So every time I post here I realize, the normal folks posting here are still inside the thing. They aren't runners yet. They think they are running, but they're inside.

You know when you become a runner.

Speaking of which.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2023, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by druidbob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$7bn is not very much.

Quote:
The push for fairer wages, and the recording of Salgado's call stems from a report last week which found that more than half of fast food workers have to go on public assistance programs because of their poor wages, CNN reported. "The report estimated that this public aid carries a $7 billion price tag for taxpayers each year," they explain.
Old 07-09-2023, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$7bn is not very much.
Ya social programs are not a huge part of our spending. I just gripe because of the ethics issue of some possible freeloaders not interested in working for not a good reason taking advantage of the hard work of others who pay into these programs
Old 07-09-2023, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Incentives at work. Why would the company pay their workers more when there are assistance programs to cover the difference?
Old 07-09-2023, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya social programs are not a huge part of our spending. I just gripe because of the ethics issue of some possible freeloaders not interested in working for not a good reason taking advantage of the hard work of others who pay into these programs
They are workers for that figure. Just not paid well.
Old 07-09-2023, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haven't watched anything on tv in like a decade. It's all just fractal variations on everything I, or anybody, has ever watched anyway. Turning on the tv is like that scene in the matrix with the architect. Nothing being said is anything more than radio blah blah, but the fact there are x number of TV's is an effective graphic representation of what our tesseract feels like sometimes.

So every time I post here I realize, the normal folks posting here are still inside the thing. They aren't runners yet. They think they are running, but they're inside.

You know when you become a runner.

Speaking of which.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes you just gotta know to see ahead of the nowness of it all.
Old 07-09-2023, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is it racist to remove what little social safety net there is in America?

What are you saying here?
Racism is just one of the ways the worker is manipulated to work against their own interests, such as the elimination of social safety nets.

I referred to racism because of the ways the alt-right members of this forum talk about class problems but refer to them only in casually racist ways. Doing the legwork of the people that oppress them.
Old 07-09-2023, 02:04 PM
Banned

Urgent news update;
There are people that have more (x) than me; the outrage
Old 07-09-2023, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine Dems believe that everyone on welfare are super ambitious and hard-working, every day using what public transport they can access to go put applications in at various entry level jobs around the area, probably putting in 3 different ones a day

Then sitting patiently by their phone, flabbergasted at the fact that no one is calling them back with job opportunities in a labor shortage market

Whatever fantasy helps you sleep at night. I bet they’re all like that too
I think the average poor person receiving welfare is probably a lazy sack of shit

That said, a robust education system that taught civics, values, and job skills would help remove their children from being condemned to poverty. Sadly, your parents make a MASSIVE difference to how your life turns out in America

That said, it’s still better than 99% of places and periods in human history and ultimately, if you are homeless and on heroin we must return to the obvious conclusion that you are indeed a sack of shit scumbag
Old 07-09-2023, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

I remember making straight A’s, playing football, and working digging trenches for PVC irrigation systems when I was 14. I did all of that and got cheerleader pussy

Now people complain that their degree didn’t automatically come with a job. Idk, I think it’ll turn around but it must be said most people under 50 are gigantic pussies