Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 04:38 PM
Banned

Authorities uncover white supremacist plot to overthrow the UA government, by doing nothing
Old 07-09-2023, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gun Grabbers just endlessly whine and should be ignored
Honestly it's just fun to raise points that I guarantee they've never considered. Not that they'll ever admit it.
Old 07-09-2023, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly it's just fun to raise points that I guarantee they've never considered. Not that they'll ever admit it.
To do nothing on guns is genocide.
Old 07-09-2023, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure I'm not some 2A fundamentalist. I think it should generally be harder for citizens to buy guns than it currently is, mostly by way of having to pass rigorous safety and training courses. I don't think every american has some god-given right to own a gun or anything like that.

But I also think the fixation on AR15's and mass shootings is completely emotionally driven and totally misunderstanding the issue and possible solutions. Policy should never be drafted by emotional reactions, regardless of the issue.
Old 07-09-2023, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh...of whom, may I ask?
Old 07-09-2023, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh...of whom, may I ask?
🤫
Old 07-09-2023, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure I'm not some 2A fundamentalist. I think it should generally be harder for citizens to buy guns than it currently is, mostly by way of having to pass rigorous safety and training courses. I don't think every american has some god-given right to own a gun or anything like that.

But I also think the fixation on AR15's and mass shootings is completely emotionally driven and totally misunderstanding the issue and possible solutions. Policy should never be drafted by emotional reactions, regardless of the issue.
Nobody has anything to fear from a law abiding, moral citizen owning a firearm

The problem is Culture. Not guns.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And on the "legitimate use" argument: Guns ALSO have a legitimate use other than mass murder, which is called self defense. And you once again don't seem to care that banning guns from citizens will guarantee tons of people die who wouldn't have died if they had a gun. You're once again just swapping out one bodycount for a different one, and you always ignore this point.

If your goal is "fewer innocent people dying", banning guns is not the magic solution you think it is.
Yes guns are a tool made to make it easy to hurt or kill.

When you defensively are using a gun you are threatening harm.

Getting guns out of the hands of all civilians does reduce mass homicide since the function of some these guns makes it that much easier to commit them. The high-power tool get used to kill. It isn’t that hard for anyone to figure out unless you rot your brain on alt right podcasts all day.
Old 07-09-2023, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
When I see you make one you'll be the first to know, you tiresome egomaniac
Old 07-09-2023, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I see you make one you'll be the first to know, you tiresome egomaniac
except this would be covered under "not that they'll ever admit it."
Closed Thread