Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 05:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, big difference between selling raid drops for 20k vs selling raid drops for 250k+ (and having that 250k+ get sunk into various neckbeard paypal accounts)
Old 06-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

How would a rotation for dragons work given the number of guilds potentially capable of killing them?

CT/Inny/Trak/VS/out door dragons.. I would say TMO,FE, (Now IB?), Divinity, BDA, Taken, A-team, rapture, full circle, europa are all capable of gathering people and killing almost all of those targets if they were put on a normal non variance spawn timer. That would result in a what - 2 month wait to get your turn?

You would also have TMO shard out since they would not need the numbers they have now to lock down everything so you could probably add tmo1, tmo2, tmo3, tmo4 to that list and push the cycle to 3 months between kills.

The whole rotation works for crap like hate/fear/sky where there is a short respawn and more people can be fit in on a regular basis.

This situation with the number of dragon capable guilds in kunark was not classic so suggesting classic fixes to the problem does not make much sense.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah if there was more to do, ie like Velious offers, there wouldnt need to be a rotation seeing as velious is about 3x the content we have now
52 Monk Happytime
Old 06-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Alright, trying to keep the schedule up to date. I know FE has been going early pm/ late AM on Saturdays. Has Rapture been doing Mondays? I know they also co-raid with BDA on Fridays pretty often. Also, has Europa found a time that works for them? I'll probably try and make a new post soon that will hopefully get stickied that will be for the schedule only while keeping this one as an open discussion on who goes up when!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

CT/Inny/Vox/Naggy/Trak/Sev/Gore/Fay/Tal/VS

10 targets. Each guild would get a mob at least once a week, which is better than not getting any ever. Will not happen until Velious if at all tho.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Well a rotation would make more sense initially because the number of guilds able to kill say anything in ntov would be limited to only tmo probably, maybe FE.

Then you have shit like all the giants where you might get more of a break down in who can and cannot kill things.

Rotations work great when there are 2-3 guilds who want to kill a mob on a 7 day spawn.. they dont work well when there are 10 guilds wanting/capable of killing it. And like I mentioned previously, if a rotation was implemented on static spawn timers then the need for a zerg force would end and you would see a lot of guilds fragment into smaller 20-30 person ish guilds which would further increase the number of 'raid capable' guilds.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CT/Inny/Vox/Naggy/Trak/Sev/Gore/Fay/Tal/VS

10 targets. Each guild would get a mob at least once a week, which is better than not getting any ever. Will not happen until Velious if at all tho.
Why on earth would TMO maintain the size of a raid force they have now and not fragment into 3-4 sub guilds? Even the same would hold true for guilds the size of FE, Taken, Full circle, Divinity..

If you know mob is going to spawn on sunday and you need 3 groups to kill it why would you ever want more than 40 people? It would be like WoW, you rarely had high end guilds with 100 members because only 40 people could go to a raid.. so you had guilds with 40 core raiders +- some alternates.

There i no reason to expect the same thing would not happen here...
Old 06-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkutron5000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright, trying to keep the schedule up to date. I know FE has been going early pm/ late AM on Saturdays. Has Rapture been doing Mondays? I know they also co-raid with BDA on Fridays pretty often. Also, has Europa found a time that works for them? I'll probably try and make a new post soon that will hopefully get stickied that will be for the schedule only while keeping this one as an open discussion on who goes up when!
We have gone both Mondays since we switched from sat to Monday the other week.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why on earth would TMO maintain the size of a raid force they have now and not fragment into 3-4 sub guilds? Even the same would hold true for guilds the size of FE, Taken, Full circle, Divinity..

If you know mob is going to spawn on sunday and you need 3 groups to kill it why would you ever want more than 40 people? It would be like WoW, you rarely had high end guilds with 100 members because only 40 people could go to a raid.. so you had guilds with 40 core raiders +- some alternates.

There i no reason to expect the same thing would not happen here...
Like I said this wouldn't even be likely until Velious POSSIBLY. At that point they would maintain large numbers for AoW and ToV
Old 06-23-2013, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

Azure Guard's sky raid went well tonight. a couple hiccups along the way, but altogether it was definitely a success. made it through island four and beat Keeper of Souls then called it a night. was a lot of fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] will definitely make it past island 4 next time.