Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 08:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I do not choose to participate in the optional rulesets of Self Found, Solo Only or Hardcore, will there just be "regular/normal" where players can just play the game normally and interact with each other normally? Or are the only choices going to be those three optional playsets?
default is normal gameplay, the optional rulesets are just that, optional
Old 08-07-2023, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project Quarm isn't going to just split the player base, it's going to decimate it.
It will definitely do a number on the population, but it will not decimate it:

1. Most of the players that will jump ship are those that like to move fast and did so with P99 already so they haven't really played the game outside of raiding and selling in the tunnel for a while. There are still plenty of purists, myself included, that love the game for the game itself and don't care about raiding and end game content as much as playing for the player interaction.

2. Since it is only a single character progression unlocked era server; those that want to play an Iksar will have to wait six months after release to play on the server, and those that wish to play a Vah Shir (although I cannot imagine what would drive such a wish) or a Beastlord will have to wait a whopping 18 months after release to play. Those people probably already aren't playing on P99 or, if they are, they will stay on P99 to wait out that time frame, so it won't affect the population anyway.

I would expect a huge exodus of players at launch of this server, as hype always generates hype, but some will be back after they out level the content and have to wait for the next expansion and players that want to play toons only available in later expansions, will have to wait as well. If you combine that with the players that will not leave, or plan to play on both servers, Project 1999 may need to combine the Blue and Green servers, but it will carry on and have a healthy population! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Deathrydar; 08-07-2023 at 08:20 AM..
Old 08-07-2023, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Super super excited for this- Ive been searching for a p99 alternate for awhile now and recently tried TAKP but this sounds like a dream!
Old 08-07-2023, 12:33 PM
Aviak

Thumbs up Sounds great

This is the server I've been wanting for years. A couple of little things I'd like to see also:

1) Compass that gets more reliable as your sense heading goes up.
2) Some solution to item transfers other than boxing to remove the need for ground dropping or trusting strangers. (I'm still scarred from when I first joined server, farmed 5 full backpacks of bone chips farmed in like 60 hours to make my riches, only to have them poof during bad ground drop/disconnect).

I love the removal of the PoK books from cities. This was my only problem with PoP. Books hurt porting classes and removed a lot of dependency between players.
Old 08-07-2023, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutizutzut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the server I've been wanting for years. A couple of little things I'd like to see also:

2) Some solution to item transfers other than boxing to remove the need for ground dropping or trusting strangers. (I'm still scarred from when I first joined server, farmed 5 full backpacks of bone chips farmed in like 60 hours to make my riches, only to have them poof during bad ground drop/disconnect)..
They have a game for you with all this- It's called WOW.
Old 08-07-2023, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutizutzut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2) Some solution to item transfers other than boxing to remove the need for ground dropping or trusting strangers. (I'm still scarred from when I first joined server, farmed 5 full backpacks of bone chips farmed in like 60 hours to make my riches, only to have them poof during bad ground drop/disconnect).

I love the removal of the PoK books from cities. This was my only problem with PoP. Books hurt porting classes and removed a lot of dependency between players.

Thats harsh man! Reminds me of the time I ground dropping a fungi tunic + full suit twink gear and going LD during the character exchange. Logging in to find your bag poofed. Rage quit and log in a few days later to find the fungi on the chest of your character. So either I actually forgot to put the tunic in the bag, or the eq gods felt bad for me.

Still lost like 20k in other miscellaneous twink items, but not my prized tunic!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-07-2023, 02:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they can post all the code snippets they want, its still fucked.

hope this helps.
Well, you're not wrong. As a way to remediate this issue, we removed the AK bonus and removed the PoP experience bonuses until mid-Planes of Power.

The Velious-era experience bonus for grouping will be enabled, however. (4% per player, up to 20%)

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 08-07-2023, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

oh c'mon

ppl are gonna whine and piss and moan until every feature that makes TAKP better is removed

then it's gonna be P99

leave the xp bonus and PoK books in-game, why is it so important that we are all beholden to wizard/druids for transpo? We've already had years of that back on live and a decade of it on P99

its nearly impossible to make a "purist classic eq" server so why not just make one that's fun to play?

ya'll did such a great job with TAKP, that's what has everyone so excited for PQ

please don't pull a Nilbog on what is already perfect
Last edited by Trexller; 08-07-2023 at 02:15 PM..
Old 08-07-2023, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly I don’t get the insistence that ports are this super social and unifying experience thanks to a couple of tells and sharing a group for 20 seconds.

They are either immemorable or leaves parties frustrated with being messed about with wait times. As I’m the common element to those experiences maybe I am just the asshole.

Also books only really link newbie zones. They aren’t that helpful for moving around relevant content like most of velious, much of kunark, basically all of luclin, etc.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-07-2023, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Dial a port is a unifying force here. It doesn't exist when books exist.