Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Kobold

Wudam, MiM, AD, FoH, DB, PB et al welcome!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

this thread is really nostalgic....

i played superling in PoF/Peacebreakers.. and pked on badmartigan..

so many PoF/PB clerics got banned / suspended for training and ninja looting... guys like Qman, Nothank, and many many others from taiwan la~
Old 07-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Wow.. funny what turns up when you enter your player name and Everquest on google. It's been what, ten years or so? I notice someone has been posing as me on other multiple forums too for some reason.. I mean, seriously? But since I am bored and it's a late extended weekend, I thought I drop in and say hi. Hope you guys from Rallos are doing well. You guys still doing the MMO and gaming routine?

P.S. The AA leveling was fun, I am not sure what compelled me to do something like that. Maybe because Everquest was the first game for me that had such longevity at the time. All in all, it was fun.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Skeleton

@XbladeRZ
Hi Hai! Rats plz.
Come to IRC la~
(Naerini)
Last edited by Renk; 07-04-2011 at 09:20 PM..
Old 08-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

did foh kill sleeper first?
Old 09-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i liked to manaburn people and nexus gate and then sell their gear for real life money to buy hookers with. if that failed then id just train them with exodus. nothing was more fun than insta-gate training on people who took eq very seriously

i played a gnome wizard named Latnim/Tzimisc
Not claiming your gnome enchanter, Mintal? Shame.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Well damn, I just wrote a book here and lost it.

Anyway, love the nostalgia in this thread. Haven't thought about EQ years until a random web search brought me here.

I love the hate/misunderstanding that RZ always gets.

Playing on the early days of RZ is hands-down the most enthralling, frustrating and fun experiences I've ever had gaming. Either you were there or weren't, you understand it or you don't.

A few quick RZ memories in no particular order:

* Covetous Crew, The Begotten, Sinister, The Regulators, Hidden Power.
* RZ dominating the original Test of Tactics so thoroughly that the rest of EQ might as well have walked away from their keyboards.
* Reefman beasting his way to Rogue BotB finals against players with far better gear.
* Ice comet one-shotting naked Shaman like Ennart and Aakor before the 60% spell-damage reduction.
* Vilar seeming like he'd be the first 50 in EQ before just disappearing.
* People who had the balls to PvP in their best gear.
* Disarm dropping weapons on the ground before it was changed to dump it to inventory.
* Knowing virtually everyone on the server by name and affiliation.
* Being able to fight for and hold territory.
* Killing people for inspecting your equipment.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

Damn I can tell you defintely played Early RZ.... Vilar did disappear as Retsam closely gained in..

Rigamortiz/Taskman/Kringe
Old 10-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulLeech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well damn, I just wrote a book here and lost it.

Playing on the early days of RZ is hands-down the most enthralling, frustrating and fun experiences I've ever had gaming. Either you were there or weren't, you understand it or you don't.

So true. Some old RZ memories here:

-A barbarian warrior named Haanibal(sp) bow shotting newbs at freeport gates
-Maxing my swimming out looking for my corpse at the bottom of eruds crossing
-Jooke backstabbing everyone in faydark
-gank squads including Scurry, Genrah, Rhawn, Olyrus, Viticus, Mortaneous, Kheldor and many others
-All the bank ganking going on when you could cast through walls at banks
-scrapping with various members of AD, Wudan, Darkenbane, Lucid Vision, Flowers, Artful Death, Curse
-making enough alliances to finally get my epic (its tough unguilded when you are pretty much a neutral pk (ie attack everone not on your friends list).
-looting too many blood stained mantles to count (bar none the #1 in most commonly pkd item.)
-raping iksars with my lvl 12 magician Flosavius when Kunark came out (Iksars that lvl had nothing for a root pet and bombs)
-fighting over Ancient Cyclops spawn in S.Ro which seemed like daily with Knocme, Yvern, many others (I must have multiquested that thing over 50 times)

Good times..

-Genrah
Last edited by genrah; 10-10-2011 at 10:30 AM..
Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I rolled a toon first on Sullon. Ill take losing a piece of gear and having to try to find no drop gear any day of the week over getting corpse camped by a lvl45 wizard in Blackburrow, which is what happened to me and made me switch to RZ. RZ was cool as hell but lets not kid ourselves here, SZ was much harder to play on.

As for Pk/anti-pk its simple. View it as "good vs evil". I was an Anti-pk. That doesnt mean i didnt pvp. It meant that guilds like flowers of happiness were KOS to me. I had that list people talked about. Someone killed or attempted to kill me, he was then added to the KOS list. I had plenty of people to kill only days after starting out so again its not like anti-pk meant anti-pvp.
Sullon came out after the prime time of Rallos had come and gone. I played on both, and I don't think it was harder on SZ. SZ already had preset territory and teammates (whether you wanted them on your team or not) right from the get go. Everybody was a potential enemy on RZ. I think original RZ was the hardest, although I'm sure it can be debated forever. One thing is for sure, safe zones ruined pvp for everyone, no matter what server you were on.

Lots of old names in this thread. Brings back some memories. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread