Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're joking right? This server is all about the me me me people.if it wasn't then bdawould of respected the unguilded chanters time more. But a note in the matter which I find dumb is the person getting banned for public loot corpse. Shit I was camping quillmane for my mages epic on live Nd some dick stole the mob from me and called his friend over to loot the body I ninjaed it once corpse timer went public. I received no penalty from that. It's ridiculous that as much work is being put into this served to emulate classic it still doesn't do t co ommunity
Okay stop for a second, and make your point in a clear manner. I speak (write) with experience on lacking an ability to type when annoyed.

Back to the topic of unlocked npc corpse loot may be a grey area for GM's but as a community it's a big douche move. You win some and lose some on mobs, if you didn't kill the mob then NINJAing the mob is NOT the answer.

My Story for you.
I had a friend who was working on his Cleric epic. He obtained his 4 Pearlescent Fragments in sky fire to spawn Ragefire (took a week then.). This is for his final hit and 1 or 2 steps from his Rez stick. During the battle, Talendar added or was pulled (it was chaotic) and caused the raid force to have an issue with Ragefire. Talendar died and the opposing raid force killed Ragefire. A member of the other raid force looted the heart and destroyed it in anger over "missing out" on Talendar. There was massive backlash over that move and the drama caused makes this thread (after OP) and the BDA event seem like a bunch of non sense.

I know my story doesn't fully apply to P99 or directly to ninjaing an open corpse but it's a good story to not being a douche and it did end well. The toon that destroyed the heart ended up helping my friend to get the Pearlescent Fragments again. Because it was the right thing to do and after all it is just a game. Being a douche was not a cool plan. I feel like this is one of my kids books and I've reached he end...

The point of all of this nonsense? It says in the rules DON'T BE A JERK... Just use your best judgement and don't listen to the greed. It will alienate you so fast as the word spreads.

As for the BDA incident, here's a potential path to take.
Eample:"Hey BDA, when this guy spawns again, would you mind helping me out? I'd really appreciate the assistance."
Usually people are pretty cool about friendly people asking for assistance.

Finally, if you wouldn't want it done to you, then don't do it to someone else. Common sense, I know it's a difficult concept but it's a practical guide.

Additionally if someone screws you out of a Quilmane on P1999, I'll come help you spawn it again and again for your cloak. Because I am not a doucher and I don't hold grudges.

Sincerly,
I'm to old for this shit.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Kobold

contested mobs are fte. ninja looting is punishable.

if you don't like it you can get out
Old 05-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

If this was the real world and someone was waiting hours/days in line for something, you'd wait for them or come back another time.

However, as this is EQ the rules state that mobs such as this are first to engage.

Ironically in this case, its BDA (the guild that campaigned for a more relaxed /casual friendly raid scene in light of larger more dedicated guilds steamrolling over them and getting FTE) who does the exact same thing to unguilded chanter.

That said after the mob was killed it was absolutely ninja looting. Doesn't change the fact that BDA /Chest are hypocrites and assholes in this scenario.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you couldnt swap toons and loot the ac before it goes public, You need to upgrade your 286 pc and go to atleast 14400 baud modem .....

I always let the next in line know what im doing, i never had a problem yet. If im getting the drop for another account, ill have someone else loot it for me .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpa Derp View Post
After reading this whole thread I'm not sure who is or who isn't a tranny anymore.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokai Saikutsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you couldnt swap toons and loot the ac before it goes public, You need to upgrade your 286 pc and go to atleast 14400 baud modem .....
? How could you loot it with your alt before it went public? Your alt didn't kill it.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Allow 2 boxing *cough*
Old 05-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Allow 2 boxing *cough*
Jesus no way man the neck beards here are already long and proud... Could you think of what would happen if they could 2 box...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

^^ Spreading a little life lesson for ya...
Last edited by Gipper.Gipp; 05-08-2014 at 09:47 AM..
Old 05-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Allow 2 boxing *cough*
Just get an IP exemption for your "girlfriend" or "wife"...

Corrupt
Old 05-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just get an IP exemption for your "girlfriend" or "wife"...

Corrupt
I would, but I'm actually honest.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Previous post was less of a recommendation and more of a comment on the lack of enforcement regarding this issue.

For lols, see http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=150011
Closed Thread