Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Fire Giant

So this is a day late and a dollar short, but I just wanted to throw my experience camping AC in OOT out there.

Last week (5th or 6th) I took my Necro (40 then) to OOT to hunt Spectres. Figured I was on early enough so why not try to get on the list for AC? Called CC and Soulsummoner <The Illuminati> calls it. I ask to be put on the list-- No questions about being low level, he tells me I'm third behind some BDA Necro (Syphiliz?) and Zeeroth (Blackwater Pirates). I wait around at Specs and as each person is passed off, everyone is notified. Eventually it gets to Zeeroth so I mosey on over to AC and sit around chatting.. eventually we start talking about a level 41 soloing AC, and he lets me try killing a higher level Cyclops PH (41). Takes Entirely too long, so I head back to specs and let the next person know they'll be coming up.

...fast forward two days later and I'm buying the MQ from Dilaxiar (Sorry, can't spell it then or now), an Ench from <The Illuminati>. Very chatty, lets me pay half up front and the other half later, lets me know several times that if we can't find Hasten that the rings mine, or if he goes LD or something shady to hollar at his Guildmates, etc etc etc... We ended up waiting on Hasten for ~two hours. Got jboots, everyone's paid and happy, no drama on AC isle or RM.

Anyways, my rambling point is this: People are bitching an awful lot about people not wanting to share, and throwing a lot of accusations around at particular guilds for ignoring CC/throwing away lists/wigging out/general assdouchery... when it sounds like 1) You're the one acting like an entitled diva or 2) you're not communicating with others.

Treat other people with respect and you will usually have it returned to you.
Last edited by Crawdad; 11-13-2014 at 04:21 PM..
Old 11-14-2014, 04:57 AM
Aviak

Crawdad is righton!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this is a day late and a dollar short, but I just wanted to throw my experience camping AC in OOT out there.

Last week (5th or 6th) I took my Necro (40 then) to OOT to hunt Spectres. Figured I was on early enough so why not try to get on the list for AC? Called CC and Soulsummoner <The Illuminati> calls it. I ask to be put on the list-- No questions about being low level, he tells me I'm third behind some BDA Necro (Syphiliz?) and Zeeroth (Blackwater Pirates). I wait around at Specs and as each person is passed off, everyone is notified. Eventually it gets to Zeeroth so I mosey on over to AC and sit around chatting.. eventually we start talking about a level 41 soloing AC, and he lets me try killing a higher level Cyclops PH (41). Takes Entirely too long, so I head back to specs and let the next person know they'll be coming up.

...fast forward two days later and I'm buying the MQ from Dilaxiar (Sorry, can't spell it then or now), an Ench from <The Illuminati>. Very chatty, lets me pay half up front and the other half later, lets me know several times that if we can't find Hasten that the rings mine, or if he goes LD or something shady to hollar at his Guildmates, etc etc etc... We ended up waiting on Hasten for ~two hours. Got jboots, everyone's paid and happy, no drama on AC isle or RM.

Anyways, my rambling point is this: People are bitching an awful lot about people not wanting to share, and throwing a lot of accusations around at particular guilds for ignoring CC/throwing away lists/wigging out/general assdouchery... when it sounds like 1) You're the one acting like an entitled diva or 2) you're not communicating with others.

Treat other people with respect and you will usually have it returned to you.
You basically just outlined how a camp can be monopolized by a RMT camper and how you helped him pay rent for the month. Grats I guess

Honestly just imagine how dumb it would be if you swapped 'epic item' for jboots. Why would someone HAVE to MQ their epic in order to get it done? That's awful.

Why wouldn't you try doing the South Ro AC camp (especially if you are at Oasis spectres!)?

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 11-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You basically just outlined how a camp can be monopolized by a RMT camper and how you helped him pay rent for the month. Grats I guess
My point is that the people "monopolizing" OoT AC aren't, in fact, monopolizing it. They're definitely sitting around on Pirate Isle like its going out of style, but they Are responding to others and giving them the chance to camp it too.. I assume from OP's post/replies that he either didn't communicate or communicated in an entitled/douchey manner and they blew him off.

I asked to be put on the list, got on the list, and would've gotten my turn on the list, had I not given it up. At 41. Surrounded by, what this thread would have you believe, plat-crazed basement dwelling RMT'ers. OP claimed certain people/guilds were basically Horrible people, and I wanted to show my experience with the same people/group wasn't similar.

Besides the wild conjecture, does anyone actually Believe RMT'ers would waste time camping AC? I assume no one asserting this has actually done the math.

Quote:
Honestly just imagine how dumb it would be if you swapped 'epic item' for jboots. Why would someone HAVE to MQ their epic in order to get it done? That's awful.
First of all, Nobody Has to get their Epic.. if you end up buying a MQ, that's your prerogative. Even so, go ahead and replace 'jboots' with 'epics' in my post. I was given the chance to get it for myself just fine, without people hassling me.

If you did your epic on Live, you probably would've ran into a similar situation in 2nd/3rd tier guild, except no one would sell you the MQ. Any epic tied to a raid target was extremely rare outside of top-tier guilds before the Velious Epic Patch. We'll have Velious Soon(tm), which will remove several of the more ridiculous bottlenecks.

Quote:
Why wouldn't you try doing the South Ro AC camp (especially if you are at Oasis spectres!)?
OoT specs are scarier but have a bigger payoff, especially for the discerning charm kiting Necro. Like I said, I was already in OoT Exping, camping AC was a bonus of being in-zone and nearby. ...Make killer plat/exp while waiting on a list, Or run around Sro mindlessly killing Greens while trying to race 3-5 50+ Druids.. Hmm...
Last edited by Crawdad; 11-14-2014 at 05:47 PM..
Closed Thread