Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Banned

thank you for the dictionary definition, I'm well aware of it.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with this country is the bought out Congress and Courts.
Truth.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, congress has been bought and elected judges as well, and a vote won't change that. It's just who's at the trough. Rubio spilled the beans when he said campaign contributions were like an investment which got very little air time since it was in regards to the NRA contributing to his campaign/s.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, congress has been bought and elected judges as well, and a vote won't change that. It's just who's at the trough. Rubio spilled the beans when he said campaign contributions were like an investment which got very little air time since it was in regards to the NRA contributing to his campaign/s.
Do you think if Planned Parenthood stopped contributing to Democrats that Democrats would stop being pro choice?
Old 09-11-2018, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

The skillful thing that Trump's campaign did was utilizing that knowledge to profess to drain the swamp and install a nationalistic wing into political power, but it's primarily Americans that have bought America; so the cycle just runs another course. What's more capitalistic than having US taxpayers prop up US corporations who don't pay US taxes? It's masterful, respectable, and ethically feckless.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibetweenk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's a stupid question but you nerds have actually seen lain right? it's the finest anime
Overrated garbage
Old 09-11-2018, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think if Planned Parenthood stopped contributing to Democrats that Democrats would stop being pro choice?
No, because Roe v Wade was focused on whether or not privacy was a thing granted to citizens by the constitution and how privacy could be utilised by citizens. That's the real, legal block concerning a total police state in the US, but the GOP harps on abortion because it's easy votes and donations.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Banned

Rightwing groups before the solid south went Republican were trying to different methods of getting their candidates elected. Abortion and dog-whistle anti-black politics were the two that worked. They later discovered that anti-drug and pro-gun stuff also went over well.

So as far as actually representing the people goes, those issues are inline with deeply held beliefs of Republican voters.

The economic shit really isn't. Even when it is it's false consciousness..."As a Wallmart worker Republicans benefit me!" (objectively they don't).
Old 09-11-2018, 05:27 PM
Banned

Swedish politicians avoid backlash by admitting they got immigration wrong:

Quote:
A months ago, I thought that it was too late. Now, I’m not so sure. Sweden’s election results were as expected (how often can that be said about European elections nowadays?) with no nasty populist surprise. Listening to the last Swedish leaders debate (which I wrote about yesterday) I was struck by how every single leader wished to say to voters: we hear you. The immigration, and the related crime, has got out of hand. Let us count the ways in which this has gone too far.

The Liberal leader spoke about Islamist free schools. The Conservative leader spoke about immigrant gangland crime and their murders. The Christian Democrat leader spoke about “honour repression” of girls in families. The collective effect, I suspect, was have been to persuade a good many Swedes that they don’t need to vote for Akesson to have their concerns taken seriously. Sweden’s famously narrow “opinion corridor” had widened quite a lot by the end of the campaig
Don't expect the same from our politicans. We don't actually live in a Democracy.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swedish politicians avoid backlash by admitting they got immigration wrong:

Don't expect the same from our politicans. We don't actually live in a Democracy.
I'm surprised Swedish politicians did this actually.

They're smarter than the rest. However, they're only delaying the inevitable when they continue to ignore the voters.

I swear, it's like Europe wants a far-right populist movement.
Closed Thread