Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

I'm pretty sure that Dany is going to come over to Westeros and turn truly insane (instead of just incompetent) before dying in the invasion of the Others.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

As long as she accomplishes something in that death I'm OK with that. If it ends with her being batshit crazy and a lunatic like Aerys, I'll be disappointed.

Ok, with Baelish and the Tyrells: Yes, they have mutual interests, and he knows their secret. But can he play that to the Iron Throne? I think not. Also, having Sansa, if he tries to utilize her to ascend, is going to lose him Harrenhal. Like I said before, I think he can realistically rule the Vale, or Harrenhal, but his choice to use Sansa to rise even higher isn't going to work out
Old 01-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

If there's anything that GRRM does, it's that he writes damn good deaths for his characters. I would count on that beyond anything else.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

dunno if u guys saw, but preston did his part 2 of baelish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 01-22-2015, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Not bad
I still think it's very hard for anyone to have a concrete idea of what the hell baelish is doing. He's entertaining again at least.

Sirken you should check out those brynden b fish links mandalore put up here... In particular, the Battle of Fire series is extremely interesting. He speculates a lot like preston, but it seems like there's more hard evidence

Part 1 of 6:
https://bryndenbfish.wordpress.com/2...thering-storm/
Old 01-22-2015, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Five minutes in and he's already committing a huge, HUGE fallacy. He's equating modern finance with the medieval equivalent. Especially in A Game of Thrones the actual crown land of the Iron Throne seems to be pretty small (I.E. the lands ruled directly by the crown) and as such would have remarkably small revenue when you think of the entire size of the kingdom. Assuming that there was any significant taxes on the other kingdoms it still probably wouldn't be that significant since the throne relies on their constant consent to rule. It was actually very normal in English history for the throne to want to go to war and have to raise taxes/debt spending but end up using the army they raised via taxes to put down tax rebellions. The English crown was literally ALWAYS in debt pretty much from William's time onwards unless they repudiated their debts (which they did multiple times). So regardless of Littlefinger's competence/incompetence/planning it's actually super realistic for them to be in shit tons of debt.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

But I will say he makes an interesting case as always!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Well, we do know that GRRM is writing the Iron Bank as some sort of an illuminati-like organization that can move the world when their loans aren't paid (illuminati-esque because of their power, not as in they don't exist/secretive/freemasonry etc). So given that context, I do think there's somethjg to be said for Baelish intentionally trying to draw the bank in. Do I have any evidence that it wasn't just robert being imprudent with money? Nope. But I think that part of it is plausible... We know that Littlefinger wants chaos. I just don't get what the hell Preston could possibly assume that Baelish is up to.

And you could be right. I'm just saying, in the context of ASOIAF, if one wanted to get the crown in trouble, pissing off the Iron Bank is a good strategy. I do think it's a stretch when he starts bringing up the Manderlys and others though. Baelish wouldn't want everyone in the kingdom to get PWNed
Old 01-23-2015, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

If anyone's looking for great reading material two things I love:

AWOIAF - http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page

This obviously contains massive spoilers so beware. I've read a ton from this website but its great, and I've found people actively update it pretty regularly.

A World of Ice and Fire:

Bought around Thanksgiving, finished it in two weeks. Another solid read.

Martin stated he doesn't plan on releasing Winds of Winter in 2015 which sucks, and the wiki has some reading material for Winds of Winter if you're interested.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:50 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A World of Ice and Fire:

Bought around Thanksgiving, finished it in two weeks. Another solid read.

Martin stated he doesn't plan on releasing Winds of Winter in 2015 which sucks, and the wiki has some reading material for Winds of Winter if you're interested.
howd you like the chapter on Qarth?

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Closed Thread