Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For everyone discussing Covid myself included please note that we all have the benefit of hindsight that almost no one who was making any decisions had in February or March.

I want to remind everyone that in the early part of the year almost no one had any idea what was going on and if you remember the general media and political sentiment varied wildly from one day to the next as people seized upon founded and unfounded fears and hopes.

Having said that, this is what happened:

Chinese virologist Yan Li-meng found proof of human-to-human transmission, how virulent it was, and that her own government was suppressing the information. Horrified, she tried to raise awareness but was threatened with death. She fled to the US in April.

But...before that, she contacted a Chinese blogger trying to get the word out (he's the one that advised her to flee to the US) and the Chinese blogger contacted Steve Bannon because they shared some friends. Bannon passed the Yan Li-meng information to Trump so Trump could decide for himself. Trump gathered his top men and everyone decided that while they couldn't be sure if the Yan Li-meng documents were real, many of the claims were being rapidly confirmed by independent observation. Appraised of the waning stock of PPE and the general unreadiness of the US healthcare system to deal with what could be a very virulent episode, Trump decided not to disseminate the Yan Li-meng information at that time and play the virus down to prevent any panic should the documents become public anyway. Immediately after, he began to restrict Chinese travel and started to get the PPE/ventilator industry going as hard as it could because he understood the chokepoint, to use an ungraceful analogy, was the hardware and the hospitals, not whether people went out or washed their hands because if the virulence was what was being claimed, that would not matter much.

But the virus was not that virulent after all. I mean yeah somewhat contagious, but lets all admit it - the death rate is a fraction of what we thought it was, and also importantly a fraction of what it was in the beginning.

Was Yan Li-meng a CCP plant after all? Did she and her documents arrive to panic us all when the CCP knew it wasn't that bad? Those are valid questions to ask, but now we know China was completely freaked out by this too at the time and we know for a fact they had a much higher death rate than they admit. So maybe she was just a humanitarian trying to do the right thing.

Steve Bannon told me all this. We hang out.
And then JFK Jr stood up and clapped
Old 10-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

I want to be clear, I agree with you about everting except 9 months ago I said worst case scenario was 300k deaths and a country too apathetic to care about it.

So I was basically right. I mean I didnt think we'd come close to my worse case scenario, but I was right about how virulent it would be. And I was pro social distance/masks from the start! (I just expected with how virulent it would be, with rational acceptance of reality, modern conveniences and medicine, it would only last 6-9 months, but we stretched it out to a year or 2 by making it an election issue :smacksforeahd: )

I also remember trump being reluctant on ventliators but the china thing I do remember saying "oh here we go the dems are saying he's being xenaphobe, lets remember that when they say they were all trying to stop the spread of the virus when everyone eventaully realizes what is about to happen"

This is just inexcusable to me (even with your color) at no point would letting (what would be aroud 300k I assumed) people die to save face at the expense of risking my life would I ever think that would be ok:

Quote:
Trump gathered his top men and everyone decided that while they couldn't be sure if the Yan Li-meng documents were real, many of the claims were being rapidly confirmed by independent observation. Appraised of the waning stock of PPE and the general unreadiness of the US healthcare system to deal with what could be a very virulent episode, Trump decided not to disseminate the Yan Li-meng information at that time and play the virus down to prevent any panic should the documents become public anyway.
It makes me think that asteroid they say is gonna be small and miss us is actually gonna be the size of Kentucky and land on Kentucky.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-21-2020 at 06:35 PM..
Old 10-21-2020, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

I will not lie I did think there was a slim chance we'd all be fighting to get stuffed onto container ships evacuating with dramatic overhead camera angles in my minds eye like it was a zack snider end of days containment movie. But that I kept to myself lol
Old 10-21-2020, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah conservatism is about holding traditional values, not embracing new ones.
Try this one to start:

Conservatism is about making sure societal change progresses slowly and deliberately.

Literally that. I mean yeah, it's more complicated if you want to start discussing Locke and Hamilton and Burke and even go back to Cato the Elder and Confucius, but just start with prudence to try to understand the conservative mind.

The bargain we have made is this; it is better to retard human progress slightly over time than be subject to novel solutions which are essentially experiments on humanity. We can always do better, but to fix that which is haughtily destroyed is impossible. We walk on the shoulders of giants and we should not toss their customs or conventions aside without prudent and deliberate reasoning, no matter the allure.

We don't fear change. We don't fear progress. We love rocket ships and hate cancer just like everyone!

The great Edmund Burke, the philosophical founder of modern conservatism said:

Quote:
“We must all obey the great law of change. It is the most powerful law of nature, and the means perhaps of its conservation. All we can do, and that human wisdom can do, is to provide that the change shall proceed by insensible degrees. This has all the benefits which may be in change, without any of the inconveniences of mutation.”
So yeah, what he said. So much more eloquently than me.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah that's what I'm saying trump is anything but slow and deliberate, am I wrong about that? That's what my argument about the SC packing was all about. That's what my list of 6 reasons trump is radical up there was all about.

Just accept the fact that you're a radical libertarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-21-2020, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And then JFK Jr stood up and clapped
Wait? You're questioning my source? I confirmed this Chinese guy on the right made this video and said all this stuff I paraphrased! That's crazy you would call that guy a liar, he's wearing glasses and has lips!

You should scan that QAnon...errr....QR code in the corner, there's truth in there!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I sent this link to the FBI and haven't heard back which means they're investigating for sure!
Old 10-21-2020, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Most people are just too god dam stupid to get it. Trump knew how bad and contageous it was.

He acted like it wasnt bad to calm people down because THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO TO STOP THE SPREAD

Fact 1 Our planet is too overpopulated, transmission is inevitable

Fact 2 Our humans produce no food, they get it at the store(Where they get infected)

I used to post gardening pics on this forum 8 years ago and posters like jibekn made fun of me for doing it, then 2 years later he was posting pictures of his digital plants he was growing on the internet, then went to college for botany

Fact 3 We cant quarantine to slow or stop the spread ( See fact 2 )

Fact 4 You are contageous for weeks without knowing it and you continue to infect people even tho you "Feel Fine"

Fact 5 Most of you are really dumb
Old 10-21-2020, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

Fact 6 Masks dont do anything

( See the increasing numbers and continued spread despite everyone wearing one )
Old 10-21-2020, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Damn I take it all back these facts are amazing!
Old 10-21-2020, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's what I'm saying trump is anything but slow and deliberate, am I wrong about that?
Yes.

We think long term. We're like the Bene Gesserit, without all that hot lesbian sex.

If we have to move fast on policy in the short term to ensure long term stability, it is what it is.

Quote:
"It is what it is" - Gaius Helen Mohiam
Closed Thread