Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The theory of the big bang is still just a scientific theory, it's not being claimed as scientific fact. It's something scientists use as a tool to predicate other theories on, some of which are actually testable, but that doesn't mean they can suddenly reverse engineer the big bang and prove it as fact.
Ok, so you are saying that science does make grandiose claims, but you don't believe in that either, but are ok with it being preached to kids in the same manner religion is. Gotcha.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except we have tons of observable evidence that infers the big bang theory is factually correct. Creationist just point to their holy book. Care to explain cosmic background radiation? Did god create it to fool us?
Oh you do? Where.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the big bang theory is factually correct
Those are just actors dude...
Banned

Quote:
Except we have tons of observable evidence that infers the big bang theory is factually correct. Creationist just point to their holy book. Care to explain cosmic background radiation? Did god create it to fool us?
What created the Matter and Energy of The Big Bang

Something cannot come from Nothing

Matter cannot be created or destroyed right?
Banned

explaning science to a die hard religious zelliot is like trying to ask me to understand this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now, just because I don't understand this, doesn't mean it doesn't add up.

You dont understand the scientific theory. Plane and simple. You dont understand the most basic concepts of science, so you think its all wrong.

fact is you're just way too stupid to understand why science works as a method for learning the answers to life's most unanswerable questions, or at least point us in the direction of finding an answers.

ALL WHILE CURING DISEASES!... not just saying it cures diseases. Science is fucking curing that shit and saving your fucking life.

Something prayer has never done.

Although you probably believe that prayer does cure cancer.

So what the fuck are we arguing for, you'd be a dummy if you believed that prayer cured cancer, a dummy that cant be expected to understand the most basic concepts about reality. Like why you don't fly off into space not being because god is gently blowing down upon us from the sky, which also is what "wind" is.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Jesus christ I'm about to just give up here. AGAIN, a scientific theory is not a claim! It's a THEORY. THEORETICAL. You know, math and numbers and shit? Not actually testable in a lab environment?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where did the Matter and Energy that created this Big bang come from

Something cannot come from Nothing

Where did Matter come from
You couldnt be more wrong.

Empty space is FULL of virtual particles that pop into and out of existence. The energy of their interactions is the repulsive force that drives the expansion of the universe. It is known as dark energy.

Look up Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle if you think you can wrap your head around it. A demonstrably true phenomenon.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus christ I'm about to just give up here. AGAIN, a scientific theory is not a claim! It's a THEORY. THEORETICAL. You know, math and numbers and shit? Not actually testable in a lab environment?
Yet you approve of it being taught in public schools vs religion. That is the entire point, your a hypocritical die hard to remove religion even though your own logic is faulty. What's the word I'm looking for, can't remember. Give up, I would too if I didn't know what I'm saying.

Also, if that comment was towards me iruinedmyday or w/e. I am actually not a die hard religious zealot, yes I do believe in God etc. But I base most of my observations off of logical viewings, just like the logic behind the idea of socially accepting scientific theories but the idea of preaching religious views as so crazy.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

K, I give up. Derp, yap, God and stuff, totally real.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh you do? Where.
It takes about 2 seconds to do a google search. I am not going to post the THOUSANDS of scientific papers and studies that back it up. No one is hiding the data you seek.
Closed Thread