Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Kobold

That thread does kind of shift blame in this particular instance to the GMs for failing to clarify when people asked further questions. This entire scenario is pretty much spelled out in that thread with no response, leading to the ambitious understanding of the rules for hate camps.

Still pretty ridiculous rule lawyering though since exploiting ambiguity in the rules is essentially the definition of rule lawyering. If I were still raiding I'd propose my guild port up, declare zone in our camp, and then immediately petition anyone who ports up and doesn't promptly leave our camp for raid interference.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were already in zone. Your forces camped out.

What happens when TMO sets up at the well, BDA sets up at the top of the spiral ramp. You have to pull directly through BDA to bring Inny to your camp. Who is interfering with who?
TMO doesn't enter the zone at the well. Do you know why?

Hint: It's not the zone-in.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Orc

Thread getting boring....more pie charts.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

The reality is that having 4 guilds in Plane of Hate is always gonna lead to dumb shit. I can only imagine the tears when someone trains 4 flurry drakes on someone's raid in ToV, leading to 50 "an Onyx Defender executes a flurry of attack's on X's corpse" over the course of 12 seconds.

I wish I could make the staff understand that competition in EQ was mostly about solving new expansions, not having 4 guilds in the same zone trying for the same target. I'm not saying it never happened, but generally speaking the elite raid guilds were the elite raid guilds because they had the playtime and creativity to solve the new puzzles Verant created for them every 6 months.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

I don't understand how you can claim raid interference when you've died or camped and another guild pulls a mob solo and kills it without actually hindering anyone in anyway. Honestly you have to cause something to have happened to prevent someone from doing something. Preventing you from getting FTE and killing a mob that is already agro'd with FTE established by another guild isn't interfering, who cares where the camp was? From what I've read, it sounds like Inny was pulled solo and killed within minutes. I haven't seen TMO say they got attacked or killed, I haven't seen anyone say they got trained by BDA. The only thing I'm seeing is you didn't get a valid shot at a mob that was already agro'd with FTE by another guild and was then killed in short order. How can that in any way be construed as interference? You were not denied entry to the zone, you didn't die by zoning in, unless I'm missing something? I'm not even in a guild involved in this but I find this makes no sense to me.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand how you can claim raid interference when you've died or camped and another guild pulls a mob solo and kills it without actually hindering anyone in anyway. Honestly you have to cause something to have happened to prevent someone from doing something. Preventing you from getting FTE and killing a mob that is already agro'd with FTE established by another guild isn't interfering, who cares where the camp was? From what I've read, it sounds like Inny was pulled solo and killed within minutes. I haven't seen TMO say they got attacked or killed, I haven't seen anyone say they got trained by BDA. The only thing I'm seeing is you didn't get a valid shot at a mob that was already agro'd with FTE by another guild and was then killed in short order. How can that in any way be construed as interference? You were not denied entry to the zone, you didn't die by zoning in, unless I'm missing something? I'm not even in a guild involved in this but I find this makes no sense to me.
This is how TMO operates. Spam /petition when you don't get loot, they've been doing it for years. There was no interference.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reality is that having 4 guilds in Plane of Hate is always gonna lead to dumb shit. I can only imagine the tears when someone trains 4 flurry drakes on someone's raid in ToV, leading to 50 "an Onyx Defender executes a flurry of attack's on X's corpse" over the course of 12 seconds.

I wish I could make the staff understand that competition in EQ was mostly about solving new expansions, not having 4 guilds in the same zone trying for the same target. I'm not saying it never happened, but generally speaking the elite raid guilds were the elite raid guilds because they had the playtime and creativity to solve the new puzzles Verant created for them every 6 months.
This is exactly why Class C can't support more than 2 guilds and they either raid together or merge. The staff should just admit that FFA with a dozen raid guilds on the server is a total failure and way more trouble than it's worth for everyone involved and eliminate it except on repops.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Who gives a fuck about Inny... moar gifs!
Old 01-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

i love how dumbrella's approach is actually going to cause moar trains and moar griefing.

guise, it's much easier and moar civil if we require all raid zones to operate by training trash away like TMO does in VP/PoFear.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much plat? Rotation's turned out to be a little too soft anyway.
Word! Recruiting for <Forceful Omni> opening soon, contact Marcusd in-game for app requirements.
Closed Thread