Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't asked what's so hard about that. You can take 80% of the zone without anyone even noticing a bard is levelling. When someone runs a giant train right over top of you (Water was notorious for this in DL) you will pick up agro.

Have to admit though, it's a bittersweet moment when you get unexpected bard adds knowing that the only reason they're attacking you is because he died.
Yeah. It's happened a time or two in LOIO.

But never a big deal. Got no problem with music makers.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. It's happened a time or two in LOIO.

But never a big deal. Got no problem with music makers.
I've got no hate either but yeah, the ones that get flamed are the ones pulling from the most camped areas in zones. Very small amount of effort required to tighten pulls and FFs, be aware where your goddamn kite is. Dragging it over people, especially with new sit agro should be tantamount to intentional training.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-01-2014, 03:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the reason bards have a hard time finding grps is that most bards don't know how to play their toon in a grp. they think their role is sing mana song and /assist attack. if thats all they do they are not worth their class hybrid penalty.

in other words, the reason that some bards can't find grps is that many bards suck at actually playing.

of course, one of the reasons they suck at playing is that they spent the first 50 levels of their char being PLd or swarming. playing a bard in a group is a totally different game.

a good bard is constantly twisting, mezzing, charming, swapping instruments and swapping targets...oh, and you get to be puller and snarer much of the time as well. Many bards either don't know how or don't want to play that game.

if you are a good bard you will very easily be noticed and find plenty of good groups.
QFT

A bard can't find groups? I guess they forget that their class is the most GROUP CENTRIC of them all. When people say that it's just laughable. I played a bard to 50 grouping and it's just awesome how many ways you can benefit a group. You could say it's the most social class there is.

I'm not really against swarming as long as it's done respectfully, but it's not my style as a bard although I would maybe do it here and there just to master every possible way to play him.

Let me ask everyone this. Would the world of Norrath be a better place if swarming wasn't possible? I don't think you could say no to this question. It's definitely something to think about. If I would brag about anything as a bard, it would most definitely be grouping ability/skills and I would feel the most proud of that by far.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I find it funny so many ppl are complaining about bards AOE kiting to LEVEL THEMSELVES UP yet nobody cares about the fact every lowbie zone is mass pulled by chanter and druid PLers
Seriously? Just saying dude, bards do the same thing... and I've actually seen it more often then any other class. I am not saying whether I am against it or not, just stating that you had a pretty big oversight there. I'm not sure how.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

edit: forget it

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Last edited by Kekephee; 03-01-2014 at 01:10 PM..
Old 03-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Large Bat

I mained a bard on live and I never pulled over groups and tried my best to keep away from the general population while playing my bard. I just left OT on my chanter because a trio of bards were pulling all the mobs from the low level side. Not only were they pulling all the mobs they would run up to and pull mobs that you were tagging. They were so close I was able to pull from there train. This is why bards get a bad reputation and why people hate them so. This is why bards AoE got nerfed on live. Just because you can pull all the mobs in a zone doesn't mean you SHOULD!

edit: apparently this is an issue if people keep seeing threads like this every week.
Last edited by rawwhide; 03-01-2014 at 10:22 PM..
Closed Thread