Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
still sucks getting jumped by anyone regardless of level you when you are already actively engaged with a mob. perhaps i'm just whining, though -- i preferred to solo when i played red, and that issue wouldn't have been so bad if i had grouped more.

still, though -- back in the day on Zek servers on live it was considered very poor taste to jump someone who was actively engaged with an EXP mob. different if its a good named or a raid mob, of course. but why jump an unguilded soloer fighting dar ghoul knights in LGuk? (it wasn't even FoH btw, i had an agreement worked out with Chewie) would make far more sense to try to recruit an unguilded soloer rather than potentially giving them an EXP death.
VZ was the only server on live where people waited for NPCs to be cleared before engaging. I agree with you completely on this point though; our server would be a LOT better if people weren't so cutthroat in some ways. But as the majority of classic PvP players had a different experience, it's pretty understandable that red is this way about that particular issue.

It's a pretty major difference for me, but honestly in the grand scheme of things it doesn't impact the feel of the server as much as it seemed to at first. Maybe you just get used to it. Some people like it because they say it adds yet another potential variable to the awesomeness that is pvp. I've only eaten 1-2 pve deaths from pvp this way in my time playing casually. The xp bonus probably helps.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:23 AM
Kobold

I've played the server for one month and gotten to level 50. So far it has been great but I have three problems with the server:

1) Exp is in my opinion too fast right now. People are getting 1-40 way too fast. Need to nerf group exp in half like originally planned because now if you go to bed, all your friends will be 10 levels higher than you. Also right now soloing is a bad use of your time.

2) Twinks are griefing younger players and near impossible to kill, would like to see a 46+ requirement on epics and funghi tunic as well as perhaps a resist cap depending on level.

3) Not enough GM action on training, if it is indeed illegal on the server. "Deleted", an iksar necro, has been griefing and training groups in CoM for days. If that is legit behaviour then fair enough.
Last edited by raptorak; 05-02-2014 at 05:29 AM..
Old 05-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Ya. Level requirement on epics is classic. The quest mobs wouldn't even respond until you were 50. Would just eat quest pieces. Need to stop these epic level 12 rogues..
Old 05-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

After experience end game content and max level with raid exp on both servers, here's my opinion:

+ BLUE: Lots more people to play with all the time, better community
- BLUE: After you hit 60, there isn't much to do except make an alt, farm things, perma camped at a raid target...you really don't get to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Waiting for camps is pretty annoying too.

+ RED: There will always be PVP and you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor when 60 whether its mass pvp or small skirmishes. Fights can be fun, I fought this one guy in OoT for almost an hour and you really get a sense of accomplishment when you kill someone (especially when it's someone you dislike or someone good at pvp).
- RED: Small box..I like the small box in the sense that I can farm whatever I want most of the time, but at times it's a ghost town; if you have no friends on and you can't solo, there's nothing to do. I've found myself logging in multiple times looking for pvp I couldn't find, friends I couldn't find, so I log off.

Solution: Play both servers simultaneously when you can. If you're camping something on blue, play actively on red and vice versa. You can really enjoy both servers especially if you're doing something boring on one.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played the server for one month and gotten to level 50. So far it has been great but I have three problems with the server:

2) Twinks are griefing younger players and near impossible to kill, would like to see a 46+ requirement on epics and funghi tunic as well as perhaps a resist cap depending on level.
You really have to get out of your "blue" mind state on red. You have to accept the fact there you will get griefed and you will run into twinks. That is why people play red. Nothing is handed to you...if you're getting griefed in unrest and you looking to exp, go find another zone or log off. You can't expect to be hand fed and have an easy fun road on this server. Accept what you can't control, and do something about it if you can control it.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After experience end game content and max level with raid exp on both servers, here's my opinion:

- BLUE: After you hit 60, there isn't much to do except make an alt, farm things, perma camped at a raid target...

+ RED: There will always be PVP and you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor when 60 whether its mass pvp or small skirmishes. Fights can be fun, I fought this one guy in OoT for almost an hour and you really get a sense of accomplishment when you kill someone (especially when it's someone you dislike or someone good at pvp).
You can pvp on blue as well and fight whoever is in the mood to do the same, if that’s what you want to do. It seems everyone is forgetting that you can pvp on blue server as well. The difference is that on blue it’s optional.

I’m not buying any of this red propaganda. A server where you don’t have the option to avoid pvp is a server for grievers. The problem with it is that for the server to work it needs both grievers and preys.

The established community on red knows this very well. They don’t live for PVP. That is a lie. They live to grief others, and this propaganda is just meant to get them more prey.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I had to do was read the ooc chat for 15 minutes and I never logged back in. It doesn't matter what you do with the server, your community is toxic as fuck and nobody with a functioning brain would want to associate themselves with the current R99 population. Enforcing some rules regarding behavior would do a hell of a lot more in the long run than GM events and group exp bonuses.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

My dog and my wife am not too fond of getting kicked repeatedly when I get Butt Raped on Red. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That is the reason I quit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Skeleton

Mostly I don't want to play red because I prefer to solo since I don't always play for long periods of time. Now that solo exp is gone I have to group with people most of which I don't like or enjoy grouping with.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

+ BLUE: Lots more people to play with all the time, better community
- BLUE: After you hit 60, there isn't much to do except make an alt, farm things, perma camped at a raid target...you really don't get to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Waiting for camps is pretty annoying too.

- RED: Small box..I like the small box in the sense that I can farm whatever I want most of the time, but at times it's a ghost town; if you have no friends on and you can't solo, there's nothing to do. I've found myself logging in multiple times looking for pvp I couldn't find, friends I couldn't find, so I log off.

Solution: Play both servers simultaneously when you can. If you're camping something on blue, play actively on red and vice versa. You can really enjoy both servers especially if you're doing something boring on one.
Good post.
Closed Thread