Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your knowledge ended there.
No it didn't,

I understand, just as i realize it will never happen. they could fix it, and choose not to. PERIOD, and anything you say after that is encouraging it to continue
Old 02-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Person still gonna RMT and just buy fungi/Serp tooth whatever they want. Short of making everything on the server No drop RMT is going to happen because people want instant gratification.
People will always try to improve their position, i agree. which is why you want to stop/control the RMT issue you HAVE to go after the sellers or the items,
Old 02-16-2015, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Prais Haynar and Glenzig for sound reasoning.

Failure to ban the end users (whomever they may be) opens up an avenue to protected RMT, because the RMTer could then just create a dummy account (supposed newb RMT buyer) whom they could then channel funds through to the real end recipient as payment for high end items (also a part of the RMT) or masquerade as legit MQers. Consider the following:

Character A gives 100kpp to Character B
Character B buys Fungi from Character C
Character B buys MQ epic from Character D
Character D transfers money to mule Character E

Who's innocent?

The RMT supplier could control any of the following groups of characters:

A, C, D, E
A, C, D
A, B, C
A, B
A
Or even A, B, C, D and E just to create confusion in logs and lose the real transactions in a sea of seemingly legit ones.

I've thought too much about this and not written enough so it probably doesn't make sense. But it does! Just stare at it :P. ^^
Old 02-16-2015, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANVEM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People will always try to improve their position, i agree. which is why you want to stop/control the RMT issue you HAVE to go after the sellers or the items,
And then what about the people that want to still buy stuff? They will find ways to get what they want if they have to offer more money obviously they would. The best way to do it is how they are: Make people fear buying plat and getting banned. There will ALWAYS be people willing to sell plat cause in the end nothing bad will come to them as they will made a profit no matter how small from just 1 transaction.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANVEM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then the Crack dealer gets some other newbie hooked and we are back at it. No the best way to stop it, is to cut off the supply of the crack.

lets get away from the crack analogy, on P99 the RMT problem is a merry-go-round because the system allows it to exist. You want to stop it, then you have to start at the source. Track the big ticket items that a lot of these deals stem from, and Ban those accounts, and any other accounts logged on by that same PC.

But that may hit a few privileged folk around here, and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

If Rogean and staff wanted to solve a lot of the problems this server bitches and complains about, stop the RMT suppliers, and he would fix lot on the raiding scene as well.
You absolutely completely missed the point of the analogy. If the people that populate this server would refuse to RMT, then we would not have any RMT kingpins to speak of. I already explained the fact that banning all accounts associated with sellers is a very temporary measure. They will be back. They know exactly what they are doing when it comes to leveling and camping desired high end items. You can not stop the dealers outright! The only people with the power to stop the dealers are the potential buyers. Just say no. Do not buy plat or items. It is a self solving problem. However, I am not naive enough to believe that people will ever stop buying plat and items. Therefore, we will have the annual house cleaning for the rest of the life of the server.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

*nods* fostering fear and loathing of association via public execution of all involved is the most effective solution. In a free market supply will always rise to meet demand and a supply vacuum creates great incentive for would-be suppliers to mobilize ^^
Old 02-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No it didn't,

I understand, just as i realize it will never happen. they could fix it, and choose not to. PERIOD, and anything you say after that is encouraging it to continue
How? How do you stop the sellers? You seem to have it all figured out in your head. Put it on paper for us please. Solve the riddle.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How? How do you stop the sellers? You seem to have it all figured out in your head. Put it on paper for us please. Solve the riddle.
You create GM run RMT operation that undercuts (both in price and resource generation) real RMTer. Then immediately ban anyone buying from your accounts.

Hopefully netting both legitimate RMTers trying to restock their supply and retards buy services.

Ultimate goal is to damage rate of successful RMT where their sites are clogged with accusations of scamming and the majority avoids it because it's too likely a scam.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Or #wipeitclean2015.

And spend the next year and a half (of classic timeline) getting ready to release Velious.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or #wipeitclean2015.

And spend the next year and a half (of classic timeline) getting ready to release Velious.
Closed Thread