Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-01-2023, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjonesp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Â…so unless you have tested it using identical setups on 60 warriors to a high hp mob its just as much "gut" feeling as me telling you in my experience tanking it does seem to have an impact on threat generation. it is entirely possible it is not the case, but i have seen to many "unexplainable" flips of mobs on things that we "KNOW" shouldnt matter... like ive seen a melee using 2h primal pull agro from a tank using 2 high white damage threat ratio weapons (with agro procs) immediately after the melee procd avatar (which is assumed to be virtually no threat generation at all).
Generally the person with the challenging theory has to prove it over the established belief. That’s how science works.

For sake of argument though 35% is a lot of threat to drop and not notice. People use discs all the time when grinding, I did with my warrior. If you have jboots fade that’s also 35% and it’s quite noticeable. Or just unequip your offhand to see about much a 35% drop in threat is.

Also full tilt rogues are creating as much threat as a warrior before backstab. Procs and evade are barely keeping them alive. Procs and evades are consistent. Disc fades on a tank towards the end and the mob can still flip easily. With more aggro I’m not sure why at that point it would happen.

Really, I don’t care. You don’t have to convince me. I just don’t buy it.
Old 11-01-2023, 07:54 PM
Fire Giant

since aggro changes white damage is king, get your mosscovered twigs if you want to be a real tank, gg
Old 11-02-2023, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

I still maintain that Frostreaver is one of THE BEST threat setups for warriors in the game. At 42/43 and with triple attack on main hand it has superior white damage threat along with a stun + dd proc. Benefits of superior 2h damage output also apply.

I still think that red epic + nev horn is in the lead over time.

It is a shame there wasn’t a single warrior useable ToV 2hander with a stun proc.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-02-2023, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still maintain that Frostreaver is one of THE BEST threat setups for warriors in the game. At 42/43 and with triple attack on main hand it has superior white damage threat along with a stun + dd proc. Benefits of superior 2h damage output also apply.

I still think that red epic + nev horn is in the lead over time.

It is a shame there wasn’t a single warrior useable ToV 2hander with a stun proc.
Dain axe is easily the best bang-for-your-dkp weapon in the game.

Its probably gone up in average price now but when I got it dirt cheap I had a one-way ticket to Valuetown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 11-06-2023, 05:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm genuinely curious if there's data to support warrior DPS being significantly more than knight DPS, especially for groups. Knights are on the same damage table as warriors and also benefit from the 2h bonus now.
Reminder to everyone:

Top Warrior DPS = Using a 2-hander and swapping to an offhand weapon inbetween those attack swings to get extra attacks.

Optimally played Warrior is far more DPS. Dual wield, higher skillcaps, critical hits (enhanced by berserk mode), and also triple attack at 60.
Old 11-06-2023, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

nobody is weapon swapping for more dps on a war lol

Quote:
Old 11-06-2023, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nobody is weapon swapping for more dps on a war lol
Yeah … I’d rather gouge out my eyes with a spork.

Old 11-06-2023, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

i could see doing it on a monk in a tight spot where respawns are coming and you need the area cleared asap or something

but thats about it

Quote:
Old 11-06-2023, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

I’m not sure I could manage the swap with all the clicking involved to not miss mainhand swings. Even if I could manage the clicks with duxaui … shoot me in the face that would be annoying.

Or is there some legal/legit way to set up one button weapon swaps on p99 Im not aware of?

On monk it’s just as easy as unequipping and equipping your mainhand to get that extra round of offhand attacks with epic.

Old 11-06-2023, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not sure I could manage the swap with all the clicking involved to not miss mainhand swings. Even if I could manage the clicks with duxaui … shoot me in the face that would be annoying.

Or is there some legal/legit way to set up one button weapon swaps on p99 Im not aware of?

On monk it’s just as easy as unequipping and equipping your mainhand to get that extra round of offhand attacks with epic.
yeah, monks the only one it makes sense on and even then to do it regularly is silly

Quote: