Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 02:19 AM
Sarnak

Back on live i played on one the race war servers and had a DE warrior (pre-kunark) - I never really traveled far but heard aviaks were amazing experience so I headed to the arena to bind but had to travel through rathe mountains. I didn't know the way so asked a guy who told me to go straight but hug the right wall prompting me to take a right at the first intersection and get lost there for 4-5 hours scared shitless as everything was KOS and red to me. This was before the days of EQAtlas I think, or at least my awareness of it.

Oh, and of course dying swimming with every new character I make (including when I first joined p1999 recently)
Old 01-21-2015, 03:24 AM
Large Bat

Hitting auto-attack on captain in Qeynos arena by mistake. "Thank you so much for cleaning out BlackBurrow and your 3000th fang.. But touch me and i will smash you into the ground"
Old 01-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Large Rat

Back in mid 2000, my first character, a level 8 Wizard. Going across OOT from Freeport to BB, I decided to try out my new Eye of Zomm spell at one of the islands with a wharf. Ran the eye around the island and it bumped into Quag Maelstrom somehow - and, surprisingly to me, Quag killed my eye and chased me onto the boat as it was pulling away, sending me to a watery grave.

I freaked and petitioned and a guide actually summoned my corpse for me.

What was the point of that spell when the eye could aggro stuff?
Old 02-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Banned

I accidentally fell asleep behind the cart last night. Looks like I sleep-ate through the whole night because ALL my meat pies and lettuce are gone. It should be an interesting day in the EC bathroom today.

I also almost knocked out an entire stack of Steamfont Spring Water, apparently sleep-drinking to wash down all that meat pie and lettuce. That's the part that hurts the most. SSW is a real pain to get.

This is truly a dark day.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengrocer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It should be an interesting day in the EC bathroom today.
don't you mean the HEHE Meat factory?
Old 02-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cearobinson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, my dumbest thing I ever did would have been on live (keep in mind, at this time I was like 13).

I had started a Wood Elf Ranger named Denniker. GFay was a popular zone on Mithaniel Marr. One thing I would see often in the zone chat was "Looking for SoW, will tip!" Or "Casting SoW at PoD Lift, tips appreciated!"

So, being the dumb child I was, I thought people were asking for "Sows" because their armor took damage. So, I went and bought a Sewing Kit. I then went to what I knew was called "Newbie Lift" and shouted out in zone, "Sowing at Newbie Lift! Donations appreciated!"

Naturally people flooded to me quickly, my first customer had already come up and hailed me! I had informed him that I was new and had never "Sowed" before and he was my first customer and asked if I was supposed to give him the "Sowing" Kit or was he supposed to give me his armor?...

He began to laugh at me. He then explained to people around me what I was doing... They began to laugh at me. It was that day that I learned SoW was an acronym for Spirit of the Wolf AND how to spell Sew.

I was pretty dumb.
I think you just won the "most adorably innocent noob mistake" award
Old 02-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Live, a month after release. Before I elaborate on a particular incident, let me just say that first month was one debacle after another. A quick summary:

Night of release, first character was an Erudite Paladin (first mistake). Couldn't see at night in Toxx and lost my corpse after getting jacked by poachers. Rage quit for a few days. Re-rolled a half elf paladin. Got him to 8th level. Joined a bard and ranger who were IRL friends for my first foray into the Karanas. It was their first trip as well. We're rolling around behind the bard, who has speed, killing everything we can. Good times for about an hour. Then we roll up a hill to find ourselves staring at the asses of Choon and Froon. We could never recover our corpses. We rage quit for a few days. I rerolled another half elf paladin. Spent another week in BB and cautiously killing bandits and random shit in the Karanas. I'm level 12 and quite full of myself at this point.

Okay, here we go.

So I'm down in BB, I see a half elf in full bronze plate armor. I mean I thought I was a pimp in my banded. I shit myself. I mean, there was nothing else on the planet that I wanted more than to be in that bronze armor. After some tells to the guy, I find out you can buy it and the best place for cash was the gnolls roaming outside of Splitpaw (this was obviously before they were buffed up), because hardly anyone knew it existed at that point. No camping, no competition. Just constant killing and looting. Take an a bunch of bags and sell all the stuff they drop. He also told me about the shortcut out in the river, which if you hit just right, warps you straight across into SK, shaving off a lot of travel time. I'll have full bronze plate in no time!

I tell my IRL friends, and they're all over it. To fast forward, it took us a couple of days and some deaths to figure out the zone warp and find the place, but we get there. Much joy to be had. We start the farming marathon and business is goood. Of course, we're having to WALK back to Qeynos because we're so encumbered. BUT, we're making loads of cash. We did this over a weekend, 16 hours a day for almost three days straight. At some point, the walk back was really getting to us.

So I had a brilliant idea.

Fill up all our bags with phat loot, leave half of them behind, run back and sell the other half, come back, get them, fill them up again, lather, rinse, repeat. Genius! Then I'm like, "Dudes, we shouldn't leave this shit sitting on the ground, a gnoll will pick it up and give it all to the others, or some other player will happen by and steal it all. Let's hide it in a tree!"

We spent two hours finding a tree limb we could jump up to. Dropped half our bags and off we went. I was a hero to my friends. We run back, and ...well, the bags are gone. We searched trees for hours. All of it gone. We were all convinced that someone stole it. We petitioned, but there was no answer for hours. We started to kill gnolls again, but we were all so pissed. We couldn't get over it. We all ended up raging quitting again for a couple of days. Never went back out there.

Post mortem, ultimately I got my bronze armor about a week later. I immediately ran to BB and stood on the bridge, basically a "Hey, look at me" douche move. But then I'm looking around ....what the hell? Unfortunately, by then there were a dozen guys running around with bronze plate. I was actually physically depressed and rage quit for a few days ...again.

Of course I had some other good ones, like not standing on spawn points because I thought they would not spawn and camping Najena for 24 hours for JBoots, only to be so excited to get some, sending all my friends tells while standing over the corpse, someone else came in and looted them out from under me and took off. That was the day I learned about locking down corpses. I rage quit for a week after that one.
Rahvan
Last edited by TheBlackSheep; 02-04-2015 at 12:53 PM..
Old 02-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Kobold

When they changed Fear to not be such a cake walk after the level restriction went in, and increased the aggro radius of mobs around the portal, I was part of a failed fear run that involved me de-leveling to 45. I was so worried to lose my corpse. No one could break into the zone, it was just too hard at that point for the gear/skill level of the server at that point. Thankfully, the mother Theresa of Mithaniel Marr server Brother Xave summoned me into fear on a giant disc like thing in the sky with my corpse on it, let me loot, and ported me out. Brother Xave was the man. He also helped when the corpse poofed on the very first server naggy kill (or one of the very first). The corpse just vanished, so Xave spawned naggy, soloed it/32k'd it, and let us loot.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

on my very first Character way back when. I sold my tunic to buy food. I was a ranger.

On the original Khat on E'ci I leveled up killing the Miller twins outside Surefall,not knowing it would make me KOS to most of Qeynos.
Later I looked up factions to do my epic and saw a faction in Karana that could be fixed with Bandit sash quests.
I gathered up a few bags full and went on my happy hippy way to turn them in,not realizing I was KOS to the guildmaster. Fun times.
I went back later after discovering wolf form changed faction levels.
With my sound up at a pretty good level and wolf form I ran in and promptly got smacked down the resulting wolf shrieks and screams scared my cat who was sleeping on the speaker making him fall off the desk onto my dog who hit the power strip powering off my PC.
I logged back on to find Khat naked at her bind spot which I'm pretty sure was Great Divide.(Who needs bind when you can port) Sigh.

Khatilly
Druidess of Tunare (Green)
Old 02-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Kobold

Loving all these stories!

So when I was a noob back on live, I came in at SoL (shadows of luclin) and was playing with a mate, he was PLing me and I sorta lost the experience of level 1-1-15.

So 6 months ago when I jumped on p99, iI was pretty excited to go through the noob levels again.

So anyway I got to 26 and I was grouped in Warsilk Woods, killing giants, and I was doing my standard oom message, and the shaman said "mate do you ever meditate? Sit down so you can regen"

My response was "I am sitting, and I have been for the last 20 min! Mana regen takes time!"

So anyway he said it shouldn't take this long, was I out of food or drink? Nope!

So I petitioned to see if maybe it was a bug, I explained that I had food and I was always sitting but I can't regen mana faster than normal

GM writes back this:

"Whilst we will always do our best to help, we don't like to interrupt the game play and pure classic experience, but here is a hint, go visit your guild master and see if he can solve your problem"

So I did, and realized I didn't train meditate! Or anything rather.

/facepalm
Closed Thread