Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qi0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is one interesting point here, at least. Looking back on it, the amount of time spent from Kunark to Velious seems especially short.

I mean, it always seems like Kunark had much more content. But, 51-60 was a serious grind, and since the majority of the new zones were built for leveling Iksar from the ground up, the few remaining progression leveling areas (KC/Chardok/HS/Sebilis) got boring way before 60.

But the real question is: would there be enough raid content to keep everyone going for a while? I guess that depends on how hard VP will be at this point.
I would say that epics alone will be a HUGE time sink (think of how many clerics there are per guild, for example and that's one of the easier epics). In addition to that there are other long quest chains in Kunark that are worth doing, each raid will have to be done like 50 times by each guild in an attempt to gear up all their mains. Oh, and then there will be tons of faction work going on as well, not only for the Kunark cities and towns but also for the epics themselves in some cases.

(I for one plan on being able to waltz right into to Cabalis any time I want WITHOUT an illusion. And I will accomplish that goal!)

How much time all this will take is anybody's guess. If there are 1-2 more raid guilds competing for raid/epic mobs then that will certainly slow things down a bit. I am choosing not to worry about it, the game becomes less fun when thoughts about deadlines enter into the equation.

I will level to 60 on my main, then spend my time between working on an Iksar necro from 1-60 or helping out my guild with raids and epics. I'll probably skip my own epic like I did on Live simply because I don't have that kind of time to dedicate to a game much less a single in game item.

I have no idea why I just wrote all that.... I should not be stuck at work on President's Day.
Last edited by guineapig; 02-15-2010 at 04:07 PM..
Old 02-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to KrimzinIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qi0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is one interesting point here, at least. Looking back on it, the amount of time spent from Kunark to Velious seems especially short.

I mean, it always seems like Kunark had much more content. But, 51-60 was a serious grind, and since the majority of the new zones were built for leveling Iksar from the ground up, the few remaining progression leveling areas (KC/Chardok/HS/Sebilis) got boring way before 60.

But the real question is: would there be enough raid content to keep everyone going for a while? I guess that depends on how hard VP will be at this point.
Yep thats pretty much exactly what im saying, make sure its coded to be hard as fuck. Make the accomplishment worth something, the way Progression servers should have been. There were VERY FEW guilds on live that did VP when kunark was out past silverwing most of them hadnt been 60 long enough and just said fuck it and did Velious (Was the smart decision at the time)
Old 02-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Most of the SolRo stuff was done before we released. So, it won't be a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Closed Thread