Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of the proposed resist system changes
Yes 13 46.43%
No 15 53.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Banned

If the SZ rule set went in? I, like everyone who isn't a true moran, would go team evil. Because we know who will be the overpopulated team, crowd the best dungeons and therefore completely control raid targets.

Sure you'd have the hipster "goods/neuts"... but lols.

Maybe I could be proven wrong but, safe money is on no.

You are probably afraid to lose your items, understandable... but there's lots of great no drop gear to be had and Nihilum isn't poop socking fear respawns in full force by any means.

It creates a fun element of risk and reward. Yes people will be ganked. If they lose something of value? Well there's the risk. Maybe they kill someone for an item in their time playing too and its all OK. Maybe they can't kill anyone and this is just completely terrifying for them.

To the above enchanter, do you know how good mana sieve / theft of thought are? Do you think its more mana efficient to drain a healers mana through that method or by trying to win the nuke/heal war?

Not to mention enchanters are awesome w/ item loot enabled. You'll get real fights out of people in gear and smoke the scaredy cats.

Mez did feel classic here I have to say, but maybe I'm wrong.
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-12-2012 at 12:45 PM..
Old 09-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the SZ rule set went in? I, like everyone who isn't a true moran, would go team evil. Because we know who will be the overpopulated team, crowd the best dungeons and therefore completely control raid targets.

Sure you'd have the hipster "goods/neuts"... but lols.

Maybe I could be proven wrong but, safe money is on no.

You are probably afraid to lose your items, understandable... but there's lots of great no drop gear to be had and Nihilum isn't poop socking fear respawns in full force by any means.

It creates a fun element of risk and reward. Yes people will be ganked. If they lose something of value? Well there's the risk. Maybe they kill someone for an item in their time playing too and its all OK. Maybe they can't kill anyone and this is just completely terrifying for them.

To the above enchanter, do you know how good mana sieve / theft of thought are? Do you think its more mana efficient to drain a healers mana through that method or by trying to win the nuke/heal war?

Not to mention enchanters are awesome w/ item loot enabled. You'll get real fights out of people in gear and smoke the scaredy cats.

Mez did feel classic here I have to say, but maybe I'm wrong.
I am not sayin SZ would be any different than here. I mean Nihilum is basically Ruin however maybe poopsockers like Zereh/Arzak (High Elves) and others might have kept their race choices. Here one guild can literally recruit the entire server (came really close at one point.) But I am not going to argue teams because it has nothing to do with balancing resists. Youll probably never get our item loot and I'll never get a hard coded teams server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: now that i think about Nihilum playerbase, the majority certainly isnt evil. perhaps a balanced SZ server could have been had here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about wanting to wear other resist pieces than just maxing MR in every slot to prevent something stupid like root..

I think I know how easy it is to obtain 50 magic resist, I also know that's how a classic system worked. It was great, I played it a lot.
Did you have a rainbow shield, phara dar robe , a crown of rile, and full lussterous on live classic?

No? then stfu, you have no clue what is up on this server and what hell you would unleash if you made half the meeles on the server (the ones all in Nihilum) even stronger.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Banned

No.. no.. I didn't, not personally. But I did have things like an epic and mana robe. Epics seem pretty comparable to the VP weps. That black rock maul might be pretty overkill, but then there's the Tantor's Tusk in Velious so. Going on VP versus Velious..

There was some VP loot floating around on RZ, didn't seem to bother me because...

I did play during Velious! Lots! I gotta say the loots were pretty good from Sleepers Tomb, deep Kael, and ToV. But what do I know about anything according to you right [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
If the SZ rule set went in? I, like everyone who isn't a true moran, would go team evil.

I was on the neutral team on SZ AND a meele.

Some of us like a challenge. Get on my level.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBlue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you have a rainbow shield, phara dar robe , a crown of rile, and full lussterous on live classic?

No? then stfu, you have no clue what is up on this server and what hell you would unleash if you made half the meeles on the server (the ones all in Nihilum) even stronger.
the cool thing bout classic resists vs melees is running away/juking like barry sanders makes them useless still
Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
No.. no.. I didn't

But I did play during Velious and I gotta say the loots were pretty good from Sleepers Tomb, deep Kael, and ToV. But what do I know about anything according to you right [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]?
Server is in Kunark. So yes, you dont know what is up here. Arent you the one who insisted that resist debuffs debuffed wtih a 70 percent bonus on live just the other day?

Its true, you DONT know anything about anything. plz stfu and let the knowledegeable ones talk.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Banned

not sure what Velious has to do with the current resist system and gear distro. did RZ comprise of a guild with more than half the server population farming up eq classic without being contested?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Banned

Trollborn, I fought people in full suits of Kael armor with primals.

Sorry you're in tears regarding this late breaking news. Calm down some.

Yes I was able to kill them as a wizard. Who knows how though? I must have super powers.

He's saying big loots will unleash havoc. I felt fine.

I raided on a classic pvp server, very hardcore. More than I can say for the two people jumping down my throat and jumping to wild, baseless conclusions.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Banned

You mean the class best built for ganking ganked someone? Please tell me more. I bet you enjoyed manaburn too and considered it fair and balanced.
Closed Thread