Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not in favor of any business bailouts, big or small, but it looks like I touched a nerve.
Except, you are. By siding with the establishments disproportionately advantageous methods, you are complicit in the fallout this causes other aspects of the economy being thrown into the fire.

The narrative behind the premise to shelter-in-place was to flatten the curve. The curve flattened 6 weeks ago, yet the bullshit goes on.

There was never a claim to eradicate the common cold in the narrative, yet here we are, with moved goalposts.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

Oh no don't you see now that we flattened the thing we can't relax not for a minute! We can't have The Unflattening! We need to stay in our houses forever forever forever forever....

Look at the media whipping up the fear https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...19-spikes.html see what these rednecks are doing omg who will stop them?
Old 05-12-2020, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh no don't you see now that we flattened the thing we can't relax not for a minute! We can't have The Unflattening! We need to stay in our houses forever forever forever forever....

Look at the media whipping up the fear https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...19-spikes.html see what these rednecks are doing omg who will stop them?
Isn't that perfectly in canon? You have to make the cases go up to implement the deadly vaccine
Old 05-12-2020, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except, you are. By siding with the establishments disproportionately advantageous methods, you are complicit in the fallout this causes other aspects of the economy being thrown into the fire.

The narrative behind the premise to shelter-in-place was to flatten the curve. The curve flattened 6 weeks ago, yet the bullshit goes on.

There was never a claim to eradicate the common cold in the narrative, yet here we are, with moved goalposts.
Yet another example of why the United States is the single worst nation on Earth at handling the Coronavirus, worse than Jungle Africa and motherfucking Greece.

We had a window of opportunity in the weeks following infection during which lockdown and social distancing had exponential utility. Unfortunately, our country is full of retards like you who were gullible enough to buy into the right-wing "no worse than the flu" nonsense, and you went around spreading the disease and ultimately killing 80,000 people (to date) who wouldn't have had to die if we handled the pandemic more like Germany, Canada, Israel, Australia, or any other country that understands civic responsibility and is capable of processing facts and acting accordingly.

And so, our country is so riddled with disease that even with the re-opening many people are going to be, justifiably, too wary to fully avail themselves of goods and services, further harming businesses large and small for months or years to come.

Covid has some wonky interplay with our immune system and many scientists are predicting that a vaccine won't be possible, just like with the closely related SARS virus... which means covid will be bouncing around the world population for years to come, and some degree of social distancing is going to be required to prevent universal infection. If your business depends on people putting themselves at risk of contracting covid and you're unable to adapt to the new status quo, maybe it's time to cut your losses and realize you gambled and lost. Maybe next time try electing a party that believes in safety nets-- it would have saved your business.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

kung flu
Old 05-13-2020, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet another example of why the United States is the single worst nation on Earth at handling the Coronavirus, worse than Jungle Africa and motherfucking Greece.

We had a window of opportunity in the weeks following infection during which lockdown and social distancing had exponential utility. Unfortunately, our country is full of retards like you who were gullible enough to buy into the right-wing "no worse than the flu" nonsense, and you went around spreading the disease and ultimately killing 80,000 people (to date) who wouldn't have had to die if we handled the pandemic more like Germany, Canada, Israel, Australia, or any other country that understands civic responsibility and is capable of processing facts and acting accordingly.

And so, our country is so riddled with disease that even with the re-opening many people are going to be, justifiably, too wary to fully avail themselves of goods and services, further harming businesses large and small for months or years to come.

Covid has some wonky interplay with our immune system and many scientists are predicting that a vaccine won't be possible, just like with the closely related SARS virus... which means covid will be bouncing around the world population for years to come, and some degree of social distancing is going to be required to prevent universal infection. If your business depends on people putting themselves at risk of contracting covid and you're unable to adapt to the new status quo, maybe it's time to cut your losses and realize you gambled and lost. Maybe next time try electing a party that believes in safety nets-- it would have saved your business.
The virus was ubiquitous in America and Britain for the same reason, tons of international travel from Asia

Rednecks didn’t spread this. I agree we handled it horribly though, but Han Chinese yellow **** mother fuckers did this. Red necks may be diabetic obese welfare queens, but they don’t fuck bats like Ebola Africans or eat them like slant eyed commies
Old 05-13-2020, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:

Yep, for years to come. muh 80,000
lock it down forever, years to come.

such a dipshit.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

plz stop accusing me of murder, i got covid in the psych ward, went home, and never left my room after spending a week in a room with a ventilator just in case and pretty cdc doctoresearchers

i think i have done enough service for this country that i don't need to get yelled at my robe smells like cheetohs
Old 05-13-2020, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

99% of you are on minimum wage / unemployed. The lockdown was a boon for you, stop whining
Old 05-13-2020, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
the right-wing "no worse than the flu" nonsense
I'm going to see your leftist bullshit propaganda and raise you with my patriotic truth and justice freedom reply:

Quote:
Wired, Robert Dingwall: "We should deescalate the war on coronavirus."

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo: “It is about the vulnerable. It's not about 95% of us. It's about a few percent who are vulnerable. That's all this is about. Bring down that anxiety, bring down that fear, bring down that paranoia.”

New York Times, Dr. David Katz: Is Our Fight Against Coronavirus Worse Than the Disease. "As much as 99 percent of active cases in the general population are ‘mild’ and do not require specific medical treatment.”

Axios, Rebecca Falconer: Cuomo: “[T]he general risk remains low in New York. ... No reason for anxiety.”

USA Today, John Bacon: Coronavirus not a global health crisis.

Associated Press, CDC and World Health Organization (WHO): “The virus is still much less widespread than annual flu epidemics, which cause up to 5 million severe cases around the world and up to 650,000 deaths annually, according to the WHO."

NPR, Allison Aubrey: "Worried about catching the new coronavirus? In the U.S., the flu is a bigger threat."

Buzzfeed, Dan Vergano: "Don’t worry about the coronavirus, worry about the flu."

Axios, Bob Herman: Why we panic about coronavirus but not the flu. “If you’re freaking out about coronavirus but you didn’t get a flu shot, you’ve got it backwards."

LA Times, Soumya Karlamangla: For Americans, flu remains a bigger threat than coronavirus. “Unlike the coronavirus, which so far hasn’t led to any deaths in the U.S., influenza has killed approximately 10,000 Americans since October, according to federal data released Friday.” “…A much deadlier killer already stalking the United States has been largely overshadowed: the flu.”

University of California Riverside epidemiologist Brandon Brown: “Here in the U.S., [flu] is what is killing us…Why should we be afraid of something that has not killed people here in this country?” “I think we need to shift our attention back to the flu.”

Daily Beast, Michael Daly: "The virus killing kids [flu] isn’t the one dominating headlines."

The Washington Post, Lenny Bernstein: "Get a Grippe, America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now."

New York Times, Rosie Spinks: Who Says It’s Not Safe to Travel to China? The coronavirus travel ban is unjust and doesn’t work anyway.

Oxiris Barbot, New York City health commissioner: People “who had recently traveled from Wuhan were not being urged to self-quarantine or avoid large public gatherings.” “

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged people to visit San Francisco’s Chinatown. "That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here. Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."

You know which one I love the most? This one:

Quote:
The Washington Post, "Why we should be wary of the aggressive government response to coronavirus."
This is because as far back as early February, that bastion of left-wing solidarity WaPo was already describing the government response as "aggressive". Notice the article wasn't warning us about a hypothetical response. Then the headline would have said "wary of an aggressive response". But the article assumes the response is current because it's talking about "the" response.

That's just fucking completely awesome how every single left-wing source was denying that coronavirus even existed while right-thinking American Patriots were doing everything they could to save us all from certain doom. What's more completely awesome is those same Communist liars (paid by Putin) are now lying about their lies to the American people with the stubbornness of a child who is denying the thing you saw him do right in front of you.

I'm kidding of course. Putin is too broke to pay people atm.
Closed Thread