Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 12:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No suggestions? Didn’t think so
I have previously suggested Democratic Confederalism

And trusting the status quo and incrementalism isn't a suggestion either, we are running out of time
Old 04-21-2022, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have previously suggested Democratic Confederalism

And trusting the status quo and incrementalism isn't a suggestion either, we are running out of time
https://aeon.co/essays/the-idea-of-p...as-it-is-wrong
Old 04-21-2022, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

I have a buddy who started telling me about distributism, seems sound but as with most systems of organization it gets sloppy at scale.
Old 04-21-2022, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

We just need to go back to regulations of the 1950s-60s (economic ones). Radicalism isn’t going to fix fundamental structural problems, like how to have economic growth with population decline (has never happened in history, outside of possibly Japan, depending on how you interpret ‘population decline’ and ‘economic growth’)
Old 04-21-2022, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No suggestions? Didn’t think so
Not really sure what you guys are talking about but term limits in Congress would help our government significantly. Problem is I think Congress would have to vote to give themselves term limits so it will never happen.
Old 04-21-2022, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a buddy who started telling me about distributism, seems sound but as with most systems of organization it gets sloppy at scale.
It will work great once everybody has the same aspiration in life and the world is rid totalitarianism.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 04-21-2022, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really sure what you guys are talking about but term limits in Congress would help our government significantly. Problem is I think Congress would have to vote to give themselves term limits so it will never happen.
That’s an easy fix with some guts from the public and doesn’t require radicalism

A+ buddy
Old 04-21-2022, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. Pull the plug on public sector unions, along with cooperate lobbying and we would be on our way to big improvement.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 04-21-2022, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We just need to go back to regulations of the 1950s-60s (economic ones). Radicalism isn’t going to fix fundamental structural problems, like how to have economic growth with population decline (has never happened in history, outside of possibly Japan, depending on how you interpret ‘population decline’ and ‘economic growth’)
I agree with this but we need to also become nationalistic because we cant save everyone.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
I am not the one talking about primitivism, you brought that one up

I don't see why a post-capitalist society would need to be primitive or totalitarian, and I am deeply skeptical of incremental change
Closed Thread