Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Updated Char models were awesome! No more square heads and bodies. YAY!
OMG! BLASPHEMY! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll take the old character models over the new ones ANY DAY!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Updated Char models were awesome! No more square heads and bodies. YAY!
No. Just no.

I don't want all the small races to look more like each other than they already do.
I don't want all the elves to have this wierd stance where they put all their weight on their back leg all the time.

I want my male high elf paladins and clerics to keep their awesome chainmail skirt around their plate greaves.

I want my high elf paladins and clerics to keep their roman style helmets instead of that tomahawk BS.

I don't want my elves running around like bowlegged retards.

I don't need more reflection off of erudite foreheads.

I don't want two-handers to start coming down from over the head, keep the swing over the shoulder.

I want 2H-piercing weapons to still be used by TWO hands.

I don't want wood elf models to go from being slender to having these puffed out chests everytime they put on a plate BP.

I'm sure there's more, but that's what I can think of for now.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. Just no.

I don't want all the small races to look more like each other than they already do.
I don't want all the elves to have this wierd stance where they put all their weight on their back leg all the time.

I want my male high elf paladins and clerics to keep their awesome chainmail skirt around their plate greaves.

I want my high elf paladins and clerics to keep their roman style helmets instead of that tomahawk BS.

I don't want two-handers to start coming down from over the head, keep the swing over the shoulder.

I don't want wood elf models to go from being slender to having these puffed out chests everytime they put on a plate BP.

Thanks for the detail. LOL Some of this I can agree with some not. Mostly the actions things with the weapons. As far as the models are concerned I liked them all and could tell small races from others easily. LOL
Old 05-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pfft! What this game needs is more erudite forehead reflection!
I got a fever! And the only cure is more erudite forehead reflection.

Anyway....Back when I played SoD, the ability to have the newer character models was there but a lot of people (like me) chose not to play with them on because we liked the older models better. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Deathrydar; 05-13-2011 at 01:23 PM..
Old 05-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pfft! What this game needs is more erudite forehead reflection!
I got a fever! And the only cure is more erudite forehead reflection.

Anyway....all of this is your opinion! I know a lot of people that share it, and I know a lot of people that disagree with it. Back when I played SoD, the ability to have the newer character models was there but a lot of people (like me) chose not to play with them on because we liked the older models better. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My largest problem with the models was that they were required to use horses. My pally got his AA mount and that's when I *had* to change from my awesome classic model to that PoS Luclin High Elf. I enjoyed my horse, but the rest of it made me sad.

To be fair, I liked a *few* of the models, mostly the barbarians. They did do well with those male/female models. But why did they have to butcher Male HIEs??
Old 05-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

My thread has been pooped on.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No. Just no.

you do realize that models are client side controlled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you, personaly, never have to switch. But at least 40% of players will
Old 05-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you do realize that models are client side controlled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you, personaly, never have to switch. But at least 40% of players will
I'd imagine that will be much higher then 40%. prob 70%+
Old 05-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My thread has been pooped on.
Sorry, I will go back on topic.

I know you edited your first post to reflect changes recently, but you still list PoTime as located in the Sleeper's tomb. The culmination of PoP has nothing to do with the Sleeper. I agree with your other post that I think PoTime would better fit in around the Hole in Paineel. If anyone can find the "plane of all planes", it would be through a tear during a magical battle fought by the erudites. They have always been touted as the race with the highest magical affinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would you guys go about the discovery of the first portals? (Justice, Disease, Innovation, Nightmare).

Who would make the most sense to spill the beans? Which deity or character would have the most to gain by showing mortals the way to the planes of power and influence?
Not that I know that much about erudite lore, but assuming PoTime does get moved to the hole, why not put a scholarly erudite as the "initiator" (anyone know one individual?) that would want to explore this planar rip?

He shouldn't be an inherently evil doer, just an inquisitive researcher. This would keep with the theme of the excluded PoK.

Side note: Browsing over the Wiz epic, there are no notable erudites in there for a leader. Maybe the erudite wizard GM? How about the leader of Erudin?

This plane of time investigator could then send out this new faction trying to discern a way for a mortal to pass through this rip. This faction would have small camps (or even single person) of informants throughout the planes and possibly at their entrances. When a planar boss dies, instead of instituting the nebulous "planar projections" to hail for your flag, you interact with the "head <investigator faction> agent" for that zone. As a players soul slowly becomes attuned to all the frequencies of the planes they would eventually be able to safely enter the rip in Paineel and enter the PoTime. This would also create the faction that would work for the turn in of Ornate and Elemental armors (*1). This isn't as complicated as Velious, but it would be a lot of custom work while Velious already has the plan laid out.

You could also have some interesting interaction between this investigating faction and the local sham/cleric guilds around planes. Maybe the local denizens do not like the outsiders questioning their god's nearby presence/plane. Maybe as you figure out the secrets of a plane (read: progress through it by killing bosses/minibosses/otherwise earning flags), you help this investigating faction smooth over relations with the locals. One area I could see this working is in PoJustice (which I believe you want at the Halas Shaman Guild). As you earn the different PoJ trial flags, you could improve your faction with the Halas Shaman, maybe even to the point where an Ogre, Troll, or Iksar shaman could buy spells there. Ya, the rest of Halas may still hate the Ogre/Troll/Iksar, but they wouldn't have to go across the continent to buy spells anymore.

Let me mull this over, see if I can find anything else to add to it (and if anyone else wants to take this idea and run, feel free).

(*1) Edit: As I think about this, this would provide a HUGE boon in importance of toxxulia forest wizard port. Put the ornate/elemental armor turn in people in Erudin. Evil erudites will have a much easier time leaving the continent with all the high levels taxing on/off the island for turnins. And this will make Odus important prior to PoTime.
Last edited by falkun; 05-13-2011 at 02:08 PM..
Old 05-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I know you edited your first post to reflect changes recently, but you still list PoTime as located in the Sleeper's tomb. The culmination of PoP has nothing to do with the Sleeper. I agree with your other post that I think PoTime would better fit in around the Hole in Paineel. If anyone can find the "plane of all planes", it would be through a tear during a magical battle fought by the erudites. They have always been touted as the race with the highest magical affinity.
Nice catch. Edited the OP again.

I do agree with you. Originially I just figured Sleepers Tomb because it was kind of the original "end game" of EQ in a sense so I figured it would be appropriate. But I totally agree with your line of thinking regarding The Hole and the Erudites.

And I guess this would be the location of the zoneline:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by guineapig; 05-13-2011 at 02:06 PM..
Closed Thread