Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Social Left or Economic Left?
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably a lot of variation. I just mean staffed by people who are registered Democrats or vote Dem
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Social Left, QED.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

What culture war? Trans dudes winning swimming meets? That’s on the same level as “Jewish space lasers” to you from members of Congress? Cmon dude, no way
Old 04-28-2022, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

I'm gettin' real tired of rednecks calling me a Communist for believing Equal Protection includes the queers. 😾
Old 04-28-2022, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What culture war? Trans dudes winning swimming meets? That’s on the same level as “Jewish space lasers” to you from members of Congress? Cmon dude, no way
I’ll check the definition, I don’t recall seeing trans dudes in there

Culture: The customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation

The culture war to me is political influences on the information we take in which shapes our collective national culture
Old 04-28-2022, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Those have never been conservative. Just like militaries have never been liberal. Maybe you’re just too plugged in?

Iran has a very liberal movie industry. That’s just the way it goes bud (Iran is not liberal)
Old 04-28-2022, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Also, our National culture is a result of our piss poor education system and 30-50% obesity rates depending on where you are. I don’t see either party offering constructive solutions
Old 04-28-2022, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those have never been conservative. Just like militaries have never been liberal. Maybe you’re just too plugged in?

Iran has a very liberal movie industry. That’s just the way it goes bud (Iran is not liberal)
So because in your opinion (And that’s all that is, your opinion) they have never been “conservative”, I shouldn’t care about democrat politics influences on them?

I appreciate telling me what I should care about but I still do. Anything else I need to know?
Old 04-28-2022, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
great, selective use of relativism while criticizing my own relativism

now imagine a drone has struck a wedding and killed a buncha babies because one person there might be a terrorist

or better yet, more kids starving to death because american sanctions are strangling their countries

i guess those piles of dead babies are okay with you? No, it's just that you don't actually care about babies dying, you care about preserving the hierarchy

hope this helps you perceive your own moral relativism
Yes, great, you are once again doing the lefty thing which is highlighting the incredibly rare, most morally egregious example of something, just like you always do with abortion. "What if a woman got RAPED!", it's like yeah well, that's a tiny tiny minorty of abortions, so let's grant that! Full abortions for rape victims, so now with that out of the way, do you support banning the rest of the abortions, that are almost always for personal convenience on the part of both the mother and the dude who knocked her up? No? Still not willing to condemn those?

Imagine a drone blows up your wedding *on purpose*, specifically because it *IS A WEDDING*, and they want to inflict the maximum amount of emotional pain and suffering as the TOP PRIORITY. Israel is not doing this, and if they ever do, I would gladly condemn it.
Last edited by Ooloo; 04-28-2022 at 06:08 PM..
Old 04-28-2022, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Also, our National culture is a result of our piss poor education system and 30-50% obesity rates depending on where you are. I don’t see either party offering constructive solutions
Our education is bad but culture is far more than that

Same with obesity. Cultural changes could in fact help quite a lot with obesity, but not solve or remove it
Old 04-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

it’s obviously just my opinion snowflake
Closed Thread