Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Swish: God Blue sucks
Chest: God blue sucks

I do not see what the beef is, at this point [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

The difference is Chest had a hand in making it suck.

Scrapping the rotation for extra welfare pixels for his guild rather than actually doing something about the problems the rotation had.

Now there's no welfare pixels and no chance of 'making things easier', he flips the table and leaves for instanced content lol.

Good luck to them I say, if they want the real ez mode stuff on a non-classic server then they've gone to the right place. Won't be long before boredom sets in though, I'm sure.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

True except for the welfare pixels, and the rotation problems issue is a distraction.

The issue always was, how to create more than one environment for raiding on p99. Think of maximum neckbeardism as the Zika virus. If you can't eradicate it, you can at least isolate it and quarantine it, either by rotation or ruleset.

The staff decided to go full 12 monkeys on us and let the virus run free, and they refused to GM, basically. Chest tried and failed to get them to see how the end game status quo does not work and is unpleasant and, moreover, is bad GM'ing, but to no effect. The current staff is just being lazy, imo. Or perhaps, they have their objective archive-quality product and they want to... archive it.

Either way, this is not complicated. Many BDA decided, if no changes are forthcoming on the near horizon, since the server is now content locked, the status quo sucks, and so might as well find something fun to do meantime. It's not complicated.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

From a staff point of view, how much time do you expect unpaid volunteers to continually commit to keeping players happy? 6 hour conference calls? Continual reports of rule breaking and calls for more rules to be implemented so that THOSE rules can also be broken and therefore more petitions to dig through...

It's not just the neckbeard vs casual here, think of the referees.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Banned

how does them being volunteers make the scene they've created better somehow?
Old 05-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how does them being volunteers make the scene they've created better somehow?
I never said they made it better. Learn to read, dum dum.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Banned

uh well thanks for your incredibly irrelevant comment then?
Old 05-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

I'm saying they don't want to add all the more rules rules rules you guys seem to want on the server because sorting out nerd problems is a timesink enough as it is...

They've got enough to do than watch to see if anyone crossed an agreed upon line in zone X that meant they should be disqualified from Dragon Y for reason Z under page 343 section 4 ss 9.

Imagine, just imagine if we had 2-3 earthquakes a week... there wouldn't be any staff anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Banned

so where do you get off heckling BDA for leaving when staff are unwilling to create a sane raid scene?
Old 05-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Kobold

Actually a weekly earthquake probably would have solved nearly everything. A weekly earthquake and a bag limit or some sort of lockout system with it would have solved *literally* everything. Rogean doesn't give a shit and Sirken isn't bright enough to grasp why he needs to push for it.

This is what the GMs here want.

Quote:
Good luck to them I say, if they want the real ez mode stuff on a non-classic server then they've gone to the right place. Won't be long before boredom sets in though, I'm sure.
Betcha the sixteen hour socks watching doors open and close breaks more guilds here first.
Closed Thread