Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Orc

You're young, you're doing well in school. So you play a shit ton of EQ, so what, so do I. I think opening up yourself on R&F was somewhat ill-advised but I admire your courage. Keep your eyes on the prize, and don't listen to those silent whispers that tell you things that you know aren't true. Just the fact that you are aware of these issues inside you is an indication to me that someday you will overcome them.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodeanicus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Very few of us will even be remembered for more than two generations -- so do whatever the hell you want in life and forget the consequences; shape your world how you want it and to hell with the consequences."

How wonderfully nihilistic. You're really Dick Cheney, aren't you?
Chasing happiness != nihilistic. Regret is for the meek.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think opening up yourself on R&F was somewhat ill-advised but I admire your courage.
I thought it was more of a rant and I don't think there is a better place than R&F to mimic real world sentiment and attitude. Also there's been a lot of half-ass posting, might as have a change of pace.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

I would advise therapy but you said you're broke so I don't know to what extent that's viable. See if you can work something out, though; I think you'd find it helpful.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You still have time to do a lot of stuff.. your not even a third through your expected lifespan..

But in all seriousness.. maybe you should consider moving to a better place (miami is the asshole of the US). Austin is nice, especially for your age =P
Old 08-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Banned

Life is all about balance. You can't over obsess at any aspect or it's hard to be truly happy. Everquest is a good escape, relieves some stress and is a lot of fun at times. Like you mentioned though, you aren't happy with your real life right now and you can't expect Everquest to fill those voids.

Do you want a family or career? You need to start working towards something so you are proud of what you do and feel fulfilled. Then with some extra time play Everquest instead of trying to define who you are through a game. If you are pissed about where you are at in real life then no matter what you are doing you will be short tempered.

You also mentioned that your family sucks, that is rough. I have always had a really supportive and loving family, but my fiance is the opposite. She realizes how bad it is now after becoming close to mine. If you start moving in the right direction and are happy with where you are at, you will be surrounded by the right people, it will come naturally.

Keep your head up, I wish you the best of luck.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would advise therapy but you said you're broke so I don't know to what extent that's viable. See if you can work something out, though; I think you'd find it helpful.
Yeah seriously. Lots of 'normal' people do that.

Well.. no one's really 'normal' I guess. We're all unique. You might have a ton of problems, but ..

Try to stay optimistic.

Get a flat tire? Never know - might have got in an accident up the road.

It does work, you just have to keep it relative.

Got both legs, both arms, all your senses, can get a job, etc, etc - doing better than many in those cases then.

That's how I look at things, of course - I believe in God too, flame if you must, but it makes me happy.

Don't stress about other assholes either, some dude cut you off? His problem, just 'chill' and listen to some tunes on the radio - you'll get there, get in the habit of always leaving a bit early. Reduces road stress by 250% if you aren't in a rush.

Die in a game? Oh well - I'm not in county lock-up, I'm not in the hospital and I'm not at work!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Aviak

Don't take pills. You don't need drugs but don't be afraid to participate socially. That's your problem, you need to be social. Get involved in something 'out there' that you really enjoy. I went through this myself and I found I was able to break out of this once I ended up doing something well in front of a lot of people. Now I'm a rational, rage moderated dick and I'm happy about it. Chicks dig it too, accept that fact and stop judging yourself and roll with it. And when they drop those hints that you suspect are hints but don't take as hints 'cause you're a second guessing pussy, just put yourself out there and casually work with it! You won't be always right but once you get it right a couple of times you'll be fine!

I'll accept a few plat for my advice, thanks!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to take you at face value and assume this isn't a troll. If it is, okay, haha, joke's on me.

It's really hell getting over childhood stuff. It might take you a long time, but realize that it's possible. You can change the way you think about things.

The path is different for everyone, but I think you'll find your way. I wish you well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchybottom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of that shit matters dude. Maybe you're just wired for self loathing, maybe you're bi-polar, maybe you smoke too much cannabis. Accept it, be a dick, and know that it doesn't matter what you look like, who you are, we all end up in the same place and it doesn't make a difference if people hate you or mourn you when you're gone.
Needless to say, I'm with Alawen (no disrespect intended to the opposing point of view, of course).

I've got no wonderful words of wisdom to offer you, Straif, and anything I could offer would likely only seem banal. But there is truth in what Alawen offers. Reflect upon this: St. Augustine once wrote that "the life not self-examined is a life not lived" - no matter how dark and difficult things may seem, it sounds to me, at least, that you're taking some steps on the right path. Continue them, and remember that, even on the cloudiest days, the human heart still knows where the sun shines from (go test it on the next rainy day - you'll find it's true).

Keep on walking, brother - you'll find the way.

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 08-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

At least you realize something's the matter. Some of these people are getting texted at 4am mid-week to take down an 11-year old raid encounter for the 6th time this month, and they think everything is going awesome in their lives.

Cheer up, you don't have any actual problems. Go chase some Cuban tail.
Closed Thread