Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

serious question did seesseddrixx start the concept that enchatners are actually evil and necromancers are good? That was the first time I've heard someone say that and it's a damn good point, he went on to talk about how enchanters assault peoples minds and are trying to control while necromancers are trying to bring the dead back to life and that is some good moral thing or something.

Re: starkinds post about aniamtions.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:22 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A necessary evil until at least your 20’s. Animation is boring, your dots and nukes are too mana inefficient to be worth using, so you can’t pretend to be a necro or mage with it. The only worthwhile use of your mana to assist is stuns or runes, and later slow. And you don’t get to control it like a mage or necro, just sit on your butt and watch it swing away

When charming becomes effective is somewhat based on your cha (at least until they get around to nerfing charm as supposedly planned), trying it at low levels with low cha and only breeze can become very mana inefficient if dealing with multiple breaks in a row. All of a sudden a nearly full mana bar can evaporate in re-charms. So it may be better to continue sacrificing 50% exp to the more reliable animation based on your early charm experiences
Wow! That was really helpful. Look's like I've got a lot more learning to do. Thank you, everyone!

Character: Enefte on p99 Green Server. Hope to see you all in game!
Old 12-19-2021, 04:42 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, when your low levels you will rely on animations. Even when you start to switch to charm at higher teens or whatnot, you may still have uses for animations here and there like if you want to kill something real quick and there isn't good charm candidates around. Animations are best at the level you first get them and then they drop off quite badly until you get your new animation. They are pretty shitty pets as they're not controllable. If you're trying to use them in a group, you can go up to the current mob and sit next to it to take a hit to get the pet to aggro if needed.

If you need money for the spells, maybe do the stein of moggok quest to sell those. I've always done that a few times with my enchanters. The steins sell real easy, or at least they used to, I don't know what the population and demand is like these days.
Old 12-19-2021, 12:56 PM
Aviak

I used my animation until I really got down charming. Once you have clarity, root nuking while the pet dps isnt a bad option if youre doing like 6min camps solo or whatnot. I did the round of dwarfs in BB and the Bards and Nobles in HHK easily with this method and exp was still pretty fast. But even with the lvl55 pet it becomes way less viable unless youre still doing 1 mob at a time.
Ruilden Wreckchords | Level 30 Half Elf Bard of No God |Green|
Maulgar | Level 24 Troll Shadow Knight of Cazic-Thule |Green|
Old 12-20-2021, 11:00 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, when your low levels you will rely on animations. Even when you start to switch to charm at higher teens or whatnot, you may still have uses for animations here and there like if you want to kill something real quick and there isn't good charm candidates around. Animations are best at the level you first get them and then they drop off quite badly until you get your new animation. They are pretty shitty pets as they're not controllable. If you're trying to use them in a group, you can go up to the current mob and sit next to it to take a hit to get the pet to aggro if needed.

If you need money for the spells, maybe do the stein of moggok quest to sell those. I've always done that a few times with my enchanters. The steins sell real easy, or at least they used to, I don't know what the population and demand is like these days.
Thank you!! This seems like valuable information. Are there any noob enchanter videos I should be watching on YouTube? Thank you, again!
Old 12-20-2021, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manandus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you!! This seems like valuable information. Are there any noob enchanter videos I should be watching on YouTube? Thank you, again!
You could look up Tecmos or Rektyou
Old 12-22-2021, 01:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manandus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know about any specific videos, as I never used any really, but the guides on the wiki are solid. Used the wiki a ton. Another thing I did with pets, both charmed and animations, was I would give them a torch. Allegedly it possibly increases their damage output by forcing them to dual-wield or something. I don't know if this is actually true, maybe ask a high level enchanter in game, but I would always keep like 4-6 torches on me so I had one to give to a pet.
Old 12-25-2021, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know about any specific videos, as I never used any really, but the guides on the wiki are solid. Used the wiki a ton. Another thing I did with pets, both charmed and animations, was I would give them a torch. Allegedly it possibly increases their damage output by forcing them to dual-wield or something. I don't know if this is actually true, maybe ask a high level enchanter in game, but I would always keep like 4-6 torches on me so I had one to give to a pet.
Yes, giving pets a torch forces them to duel wield. Lots of stuff works for this. I like using lutes and mandolins
Closed Thread