Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was killing at the giant fort in burning woods, these to iksars came in and just took over, looked like a 2 box to me. so i cursed them out. they said if i cant clear the camp its his. cause it takes a long time to med when your a wizard and no one gives a shit. If im there first and was killing when i had the mana to do so it should had been claimed by me. This is why I can play any character over 50 its the same no mater what.

ill get over it or just not play
So you assumed they were boxing just because you were upset. You admit that you weren't clearing the "camp". "when i had the mana to do so" is your own admission to not holding the "camp". Outside zones also have no actual camps according to the p99 rules, you can claim a single spawn though.

I dont think you can play any character over 50...
Old 10-26-2017, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you assumed they were boxing just because you were upset. You admit that you weren't clearing the "camp". "when i had the mana to do so" is your own admission to not holding the "camp". Outside zones also have no actual camps according to the p99 rules, you can claim a single spawn though.

I dont think you can play any character over 50...
Well there's no rule that as soon as mob pops you must kill it immediately.

To his credit, if he is sitting there, proper etiquette would have been for them to ask if he was going to pull them, and if not could they have the camp.

Come on Maner!
Old 10-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

If he's a wizard quadding when he hits full mana semi-afk....

Then I imagine not only did he never once kill everything in the "camp" but he also probably left half the camp or more up at all times.

Of course in cases like this what is actually happening is usually known as "sharing".
Especially given it was outdoors, there's nothing they could've done to make you leave, although in order to stay you may have had to do things like single double or triple kite, wasting mana. It's pretty common on blue for a "camp" to become overcrowded and result in the more powerful group getting more kills than the less powerful group that was already there.

There are lots of other zones out there though, and people who are rude enough to muscle in on your spot are also often rude enough to break other rules, like training you "accidentally" to get the whole area to themselves.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was killing at the giant fort in burning woods, these to iksars came in and just took over, looked like a 2 box to me. so i cursed them out. they said if i cant clear the camp its his. cause it takes a long time to med when your a wizard and no one gives a shit. If im there first and was killing when i had the mana to do so it should had been claimed by me. This is why I can play any character over 50 its the same no mater what.

ill get over it or just not play
This is a travesty.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:38 PM
Banned

wizards aren't allowed to camp things
Old 10-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Well since we don't have the whole story, its hard to say what really occurred, but I have a feeling there was a complete lack of sharing.

It doesn't matter how he was killing the mobs - the fact he was there first means others were buttheads butting their way into what should be considered a camp. 99's rules are rather lax on what they call a camp. The one thing it does say is that roaming mobs don't work as a camp.

Sad to say that it seems more like any mobs that don't pop a named are treated less like a camp and various nefarious folks feel they have the right to treat other players badly.

Here is my advice: if you feel you were wronged or are being harmed as a player no matter how you choose to play... PETITION if a GM shows up though an online petition great but chances are slim since they are volunteers so follow it up with an Forum (offline) petition. Repeated behavior from player will be dealt with. It seems the more you want to just solo, the more often you run into others that think too bad for you we are just going to do what we want because we can kill more / faster then you.

What would have been nice to see in this instance is communication from the others looking at the giants and figuring out if they could share the area with you or what not... not just barge in and start killing things just because some of the mobs were spawned. As the 99 rules state its better for players to try and work things out before involving CSR / GM...
Old 10-26-2017, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I was killing at the giant fort in burning woods, these to iksars came in and just took over
I once had this problem at the BW giant fort. I was killing two specific spawns at the fort. I didnt care about the rest, I just wanted the two spawns I had at the bottom of the ramp. There was another guy who was killing some of the other spawns in the fort and everything was civil.

Civil until that guys friend showed up and then they wanted every giant at the fort. They sent me a tell and asked me to leave since they could now kill the whole fort. I respectfully declined. They then proceeded to KS my two spawns and got really unfriendly and declared that they owned the camp now

So I petitioned. Sirken showed up and after a couple minutes, both of them went LD. Afterwards Sirken sent me a tell and said they wouldnt be bothering me anymore. First and last time I ever had such a problem there. Most people play nice and can share spawns
Old 10-27-2017, 08:08 AM
Kobold

I'll just say this 99.9999% of the time people claim camp stealing it's because they don't know the rules that constitute a camp. Usually they are claiming it's stolen under rules of ettiquette rather than actual server rules. I've been here like 5 years and I can't recall ever having a camp stolen against the rules, but I've seen hundreds of complaints about camp stealing in situations where they were wrong and didn't have a real claim to the camp. Very few people seem to comprehend the actual rules and just assume they do based on intuition.

The other ones you are just completely guessing. 2 boxxing in particular is not a priblem in this community except for nosey bastards. It's not really something you see blatantly, it's fine even if some twats abuse loopholes to some extent
Old 10-27-2017, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

Perhaps one of the several p99 attorney's will take up your case and present it before the petition court.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

The people claiming there's some hardset rules are misinformed. (In the xp game) The real rule is the golden rule: be nice to eachother, try to work it out, and share. Usually the ones that try to follow that will win in a petition.
Closed Thread