Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Aviak

+1 Rupertox
Old 12-02-2014, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice rupertox... but that EQ had like 4millions player... i have never seem more than 1110 in this one at same time and you all know that mor than half of those 1100 are afk... so... i agree with velious... i dont agree the forced to play beta closing others servers...
Well, we as players have also become more efficient at things, requiring less people to do the same work.

EQ never had 4 million players during the classic era (if ever), even across the 20-ish servers. All the data I've seen has it peaking around 2007 with about 500k subscribers, and during the classic era they peaked around 250k (and climbing).

I would not doubt it if P99 has more accounts "per capita" due to it being free. And at this point, being stuck in Kunark for 2+ years, we certainly have more top-level characters than classic era EQ.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony210 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I lost quite a few braincells reading your post. Any thoughts on that?
Because you are a mean spirited douche.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracketen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because you are a mean spirited douche.
I like how you ignored everyone else telling you how wrong you are.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 12-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice rupertox... but that EQ had like 4millions player... i have never seem more than 1110 in this one at same time and you all know that mor than half of those 1100 are afk... so... i agree with velious... i dont agree the forced to play beta closing others servers...

1100 on kunark servers, with LOTS of 60's is alot

60 Shaman - Spertox <Omni>
Old 12-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

I wish there was AAs in Vellious. Exp is maxed out so no point to kill anything besides for gear. Already been doing the gear grind with Kunark.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Kobold

AAs are shit and were just added in to add more endless grind bullshit to EQ to keep people playing and paying subscriptions. They are part of what ruined what used to be a good game. If this server had AAs I'd quit playing. But it wont, ever, and that's why I'm here.
Last edited by Gaxx; 12-02-2014 at 07:11 PM..
Old 12-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AAs are shit and were just added in to add more endless grind bullshit to EQ to keep people playing and paying subscriptions. They are part of what ruined what used to be a good game. If this server had AAs I'd quit playing. But it wont, ever, and that's why I'm here.
Couldn't disagree more~

AAs added a reason to play ones main outside of raiding and farming. Folks like myself love seeing the xp bars filling up, if I ever get a lv60 on this server I might delevel it a bit so I can keep the flow.. and the spice must flow.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't disagree more~

AAs added a reason to play ones main outside of raiding and farming. Folks like myself love seeing the xp bars filling up, if I ever get a lv60 on this server I might delevel it a bit so I can keep the flow.. and the spice must flow.
That's a good point but I'd rather just start an alt instead. Different strokes for different folks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwils [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish there was AAs in Vellious. Exp is maxed out so no point to kill anything besides for gear. Already been doing the gear grind with Kunark.
This statement is very applicable to WoW, but not necessarily classic EQ. Not everybody is guaranteed a level 60, and getting raid gear/epic isn't easy, and then there's always an alt out of the many, many classes available.