Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are allowed to play Both at the same time. Not considered 2 Boxing. I play both, so no harm have a few toons on each server. Helps with the boredom at times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/agree.
Playing both servers is fun. Just having the fresh 8 slots to make new characters has been fun even tho all are naked & low level ... again...
Old 12-16-2014, 03:03 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime7795 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red is mostly toxic and eq was never designed to be a pvp game. So for a real eq experience blue is the only way to go.

The best fun I had in any MMORPG ever was on Ralos Zek back in the day. For me, PVP is a MUST, and no game has ever came as close to EQ to getting it right.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:02 PM
Orc

Blue economy is basically fucked due to the time it has been around. The economy isn't accessible to any new players.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue economy is basically fucked due to the time it has been around. The economy isn't accessible to any new players.

Complete opposite... you can ECQuest for a few days and have 10k, literally... I went from one hand out (jagged chokdai spine) on my rogue to flipping into 10k between gear and plat... I mean honestly... it's absurd the tools at our hands with auction tracker and wiki and such, forums etc.

On the other hand, blue is vastly broken in terms of grinding/grouping. No one has incentive to group because they are either a) being powerleveled by friends/guildies or b) twinked to hell and don't want you mooching their solo xp

Red on the other hand has incredible incentive to group and level together without need for PL with bonus xp for pairing up and grouping, and the added excitement of not-so-twinked groups getting jumped by a twink or two and duking it out etc.

I'd go red all day, but if you want early glory (which is a bit boring) go blue for easy gear and plat. People will help on red but you won't get gear/plat as quickly IMO
Old 12-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Complete opposite... you can ECQuest for a few days and have 10k, literally
New players are probably wanting to kill stuff in Everquest, not sit around flipping loot in the EC tunnel like some reality show on the better homes and gardens network.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not accurate at all. The opposite is true. The amount of really great melee weapons you can get for 200p or under for example is absurd and not anything at like it was on live.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
New players are probably wanting to kill stuff in Everquest, not sit around flipping loot in the EC tunnel like some reality show on the better homes and gardens network.
I call COMPLETE B.S. on this....

Evidence: number of people who sit around begging for buffs and gear... an hour of begging one day plus an hour of flipping items once ever -5 days of play time = more gear upgrades more rapidly than you could likely get even playing 50+... it's just absurd.

I was a master at trading back on live but the amount of farming and how far gone the economy is at this point from how long its all been on farm status and how top heavy the server is goes beyond anything imaginable on live.

Sounds like someone is ungrateful for the gift horse or just clueless... honestly I could spend a week playing 1-2 hours a day and between donations and flipping gear, have a rogue epic MQ... in a week... on a lvl 1 rogue... seriously.

The alternative is I play naked to grind getting the shit kicked out of me solo because everyone else is twinked or powerleveling and I'm a lonely scrub in leather armor with rusty daggers... and in a week of playing 1-2 hours a day I'm level 10-15 with no gear, and level capped bind wound skill... or I gnoll fang to level 20ish and hit a wall with no gear *shrug* I think I don't mind playing reality better homes and gardens as you put it, for a week to have financial independence to do pretty much anything I want...

Honestly you sound like someone who hasn't played new on the server from a fresh start in a long time... because I did this all 10 months ago and just came back and it's only gotten more awesome/insane. The economy is PRIME for newbs. But leveling is miserable and lonely without a few set friends who play specifically to play with you.

Meanwhile on red I'm lucky to be gifted a few decent items, lootwhore my way to stacking up a couple hundred plat I save for spells and essentials, not twink gear for myself, and have 10x better times grouping and leveling, with no ECQuest *shrug* red is by far the superior classic experience for someone starting ground up right now on p99, just to give an unbiased opinion from a true noob. Honestly by 20 or so you'll have similar gear with generous people around on both servers, you'll just be able to advance further more quickly and easily on red, and make more friend who play with you as mains, not just a bunch of alts you're lucky to get to grind with form time to time if you're a newb.
Last edited by Bodybagger; 12-16-2014 at 05:08 PM..
Old 12-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooradoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best fun I had in any MMORPG ever was on Ralos Zek back in the day. For me, PVP is a MUST, and no game has ever came as close to EQ to getting it right.
Too young for UO? (Ultima Online) I have said for years, PvP MMO no question UO. PvE MMO EQ. Infact many of my long time friends to this day will not touch EQ because of how horrible the PvP is in comparison. Some of those same friends are still playing UO to this day. I just can't convince them to give EQ a chance. IMHO EQ number 1 game of all time, UO a close second.

If you honestly feel a level based game does PvP right, try a skill based game. SKILL, no pew pew levels.

PM me if you want some suggestions on where to get this experience, can even set you up with established players.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

I loved UO, never played after trammel though. Pvp on UO was amazingly fun but i have also had alot of fun on EQ pvp. EQ pvp isn't fair most of the time but it does add a layer to the game none the less. gl
Old 12-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too young for UO? (Ultima Online) I have said for years, PvP MMO no question UO. PvE MMO EQ. Infact many of my long time friends to this day will not touch EQ because of how horrible the PvP is in comparison. Some of those same friends are still playing UO to this day. I just can't convince them to give EQ a chance. IMHO EQ number 1 game of all time, UO a close second.

If you honestly feel a level based game does PvP right, try a skill based game. SKILL, no pew pew levels.

PM me if you want some suggestions on where to get this experience, can even set you up with established players.
Never played UO. But I'm 42, so I'm definitely old enough. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I started RPGs back in the pen and paper D&D days, moved on to other pen and paper games, like Star Frontiers, and Role Master before discovering CRPs like Ultima, Might & Magic, Wizardry, Bard's Tale and those other great old games.

To me, having different classes and gaining levels is a key element of RPGs which I greatly enjoy. I hate when games try to take level advantages out of PvP. If someone worked hard to earn their level, they should get the advantage.

Don't know how UO approaches this, but that's where I'm coming from.
Closed Thread