Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 08:31 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Get a REIF (rune etched icewurm fang) which procs nukes (which can stun). Send pet in on the mob, slow it, dot it, then tank it and heal yourself as needed. With good armor you should be fine. I had a necro with amazing AC and regen equipment on live EQ that tanked up to 62 via taps so it should be possible to do so as a shaman using heals until 60. If not, slow, dot and have the pet tank the mob as you heal pet. At low levels I nuked and dotted and ran (far), medded, healed myself, ran again, dotted, repeat. At higher levels I used the pet more and tanked in tandem with pet. At even higher levels root rot was the key. Even today at level 105 on EQ live I use REIF whenever I jump in for melee action (the procs on your leopard line of spells fires off way more often on this fast acting weapon).
Old 12-26-2014, 01:54 AM
Sarnak

I am level 40 now, almost level 41, have soloed 1-40. I root rot mostly, and have cruised through 39 and through most of 40 killing either Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains, or Spectres in Feerrott and Oasis. The Feerrott spectres spawn quickly and the front two are enough to keep me occupied. The spectres in Oasis are on a 16 minute timer, and I am able to work my way around the square and keep up. I keep up talisman, shifting shield, strength, SOW, cloroplast, quickness in case I need to melee at all (and get that stun proc from Howling Harpoon), and levitate in Oasis.

I have no issues with root, and my enstill usually lasts for the full duration. The reason it does is because I cast malaisement on the mobs before I enstill them. I also cast the low mana disease debuff. For each spectres I pull with malaise, use insideous fever (DR debuff), root, back away, VotS, Scourge, VotS, Scourge, VotS. Giants I let just flee until they drop, spectres in Oasis will not run and I melee them when they get very low (they can do some damage though), and I root the spectres in Oasis because they do flee, they flee into the cave toward the Fear portal, and if you're outside they flee into the zone borders and can die just out of range to loot.

For the record I have around 900 AC and an Ikky regen BP so I'm beefy, plus Iksar race, and I am constantly doing the canni dance. Be sure to sit for your mana tick and canni between ticks....and wait for that backtick in mana!
Closed Thread