Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL obviously you've never even BEEN to the hood, let alone been raised there.

EVERYBODY knows about the shit in that article down there. Also, people who are "in a temporary emergency" don't get Welfare, unless they're a black woman with 5 kids. Instead, they get something "UNEMPLOYMENT," with a maximum of 6 months, and requiring the recipient to actively seek employment opportunities the entire time.

For example, when I was working at Subway 5 years back and making roughly $12,000 a year (BARELY ENOUGH TO LIVE ON MIND YOU --- BARRREEELLLYY if even enough) and I was never even approved for the minimum $100/month in food stamps.

By comparison, I know an individual who hasn't worked a day in her life, has 5 kids, and receives ****$2600/month**** in total Welfare benefits. $900/month in food stamps alone, and $500/month IN CASH. CASH. They literally hand her an envelope with $500 cash in it every month.

NOT A PENNY OF THIS MONEY is accounted for one the Welfare recipient receives it.

Guess what she never DOESN'T have? Weed, alcohol, or Newports.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Kobold

That's over $30,000 per year. More than twice what a 40-hour a week minimum wage worker makes.

And what is a 40-hour a week minimum wage worker told to do when HE/SHE doesn't have enough money? Get a second job, and work an ADDITIONAL 40 hours a week.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHancock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL obviously you've never even BEEN to the hood, let alone been raised there.

EVERYBODY knows about the shit in that article down there. Also, people who are "in a temporary emergency" don't get Welfare, unless they're a black woman with 5 kids. Instead, they get something "UNEMPLOYMENT," with a maximum of 6 months, and requiring the recipient to actively seek employment opportunities the entire time.

For example, when I was working at Subway 5 years back and making roughly $12,000 a year (BARELY ENOUGH TO LIVE ON MIND YOU --- BARRREEELLLYY if even enough) and I was never even approved for the minimum $100/month in food stamps.

By comparison, I know an individual who hasn't worked a day in her life, has 5 kids, and receives ****$2600/month**** in total Welfare benefits. $900/month in food stamps alone, and $500/month IN CASH. CASH. They literally hand her an envelope with $500 cash in it every month.

NOT A PENNY OF THIS MONEY is accounted for one the Welfare recipient receives it.

Guess what she never DOESN'T have? Weed, alcohol, or Newports.
I live in the hood right now. At one point, I was a property manager for a public housing building. I volunteer as a tutor (mostly math and writing) teaching urban youth (mostly black, lots of latino). I interact with people living in poverty every single day.

$900 per month to feed six people works out to $30 per day, or $5 per person. They don't give her an envelope with cash, it goes onto her SNAP card and she can withdraw it like a debit card. The minimum benefit on food assistance is $16, not $100, but most food shelves don't have any requirements.

This is America. We are rich as shit. No one should go hungry, not even if their parents are complete fuckups.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHancock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's over $30,000 per year. More than twice what a 40-hour a week minimum wage worker makes.

And what is a 40-hour a week minimum wage worker told to do when HE/SHE doesn't have enough money? Get a second job, and work an ADDITIONAL 40 hours a week.
Full time is 2080 hours a year and the federal minimum wage is $7.25, which is $15,080 annually. That qualifies for assistance. Most Walmart workers qualify for benefits.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Kobold

No, dude.

She's handed and EVELOPE WITH CASH IN IT, EVERY SINGLE MONTH. She has a "payee" who cashes the check and delivers the cash.

I know PLENTY OF WORKING PEOPLE who go hungry. And die in sickness. Keep in mind the Welfare bottom-feeders have full government covered healthcare, whilst the minimum wage worker HAS ****NOTHING****

I've seen people live in pain for 20+ years. I've seen people DIE OF TUBERCULOSIS, HERE IN NY STATE, because they were refused medical assistance to diagnose the problem.

I would know -- I've worked many hospital jobs interacting with patients and I see it all the time. The children of working-class families without insurance being thrown out of the hospital, screaming and crying in pain, whilst the unemployed Welfare Rat with something like the flu is admitted overnight from the ER, at absolutely no cost.

I've seen Welfare rats go to the ER FOR PINK EYE. Would you EVER go to the fucking emergency room because you had pink eye?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Full time is 2080 hours a year and the federal minimum wage is $7.25, which is $15,080 annually. That qualifies for assistance. Most Walmart workers qualify for benefits.
1) That's before taxes.
2) Again, I've never qualified for a single dollar in benefits.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Kobold

You obviously need some help filling out the forms. There are people willing to help you. Call and make an appointment.

It sounds like you could use one of those programs to teach you nursing, plumbing, or electrical work.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
No, dude.

She's handed and EVELOPE WITH CASH IN IT, EVERY SINGLE MONTH. She has a "payee" who cashes the check and delivers the cash.

I know PLENTY OF WORKING PEOPLE who go hungry. And die in sickness. Keep in mind the Welfare bottom-feeders have full government covered healthcare, whilst the minimum wage worker HAS ****NOTHING****

I've seen people live in pain for 20+ years. I've seen people DIE OF TUBERCULOSIS, HERE IN NY STATE, because they were refused medical assistance to diagnose the problem.

I would know -- I've worked many hospital jobs interacting with patients and I see it all the time. The children of working-class families without insurance being thrown out of the hospital, screaming and crying in pain, whilst the unemployed Welfare Rat with something like the flu is admitted overnight from the ER, at absolutely no cost.

I've seen Welfare rats go to the ER FOR PINK EYE. Would you EVER go to the fucking emergency room because you had pink eye?
Can confirm this exact bullshit happens in MA (live there) and CT (work in a hospital there) as well.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Kobold

I can't respond to the hospital situation. I haven't had health insurance for most of my adult life and do my damnedest to stay healthy. About ten years ago, my girlfriend at the time had a tooth go abscess and her face swelled up like a balloon in the middle of the night. We went to an ER and they didn't do anything. We went to a dentist the next morning at 8:00AM after one of the most miserable nights of my life. I think it cost me $1,500.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah welfare recipients and unemployment recipients should be drug tested and required to seek a job regularly having to prove so. Its crazy, I was getting 345 dollars a week on unemployment in new york, for 13 and a half months. I even got a phat tax return on it, that government cheese.

Lol thanks for voting for change y'all glad obama gave me an extra 7 months lf benefits to get me through last few semesters of college. How nice of him lulz
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Closed Thread