Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 01:08 AM
VIP / Contributor

I didn't twist anything you said. I said nothing in your first post provided any evidence that it should be changed, and it doesn't. Lashing out at me isn't going to make your evidence from 2002 and later any stronger.

You can insult my reading skills all you like, and pasting a bunch of screenshots from various websites in 2005 might make you feel like you've solidified your position, but you went in the wrong direction on the dates, and still haven't posted anything to support the change. There's a reason that you're not finding much to support you with a relevant timestamp, and I touched on that in my original post.

Quote:
This leads me to the conclusion that not only is there no reason to believe the hits should be larger, but also if you're able to farm him so easily during the Kunark era, that both he and his guards likely need beefed up.
You have my sincerest apologies if logic is getting in the way of your fast tracking some idle track bots to box at dragon spawn points.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 11-26-2011 at 01:13 AM..
Old 11-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Fire Giant

head explode.

how oes multiple sources claiming it was a huge faction hit not constitute evidence? because they're from 2001 and 2002 and not 2000?
Old 11-26-2011, 01:30 AM
VIP / Contributor

http://web.archive.org/web/200108111...e=14&land=1118

It may or may not have. My point is that you have no documentation for a reason. Things that were killed have documentation, bragging about it, posts about the drops and faction hits, all you see about Kazon are questions about whether or not he has a faction hit, and lacks of entries like above.

He shouldn't be easy enough to farm yet.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:52 AM
The Protector of Sunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://web.archive.org/web/200108111...e=14&land=1118

It may or may not have. My point is that you have no documentation for a reason. Things that were killed have documentation, bragging about it, posts about the drops and faction hits, all you see about Kazon are questions about whether or not he has a faction hit, and lacks of entries like above.

He shouldn't be easy enough to farm yet.
Where have you shown any evidence that he shouldn't be farmable yet? He gave you a post from 2002 with 3 people in the low 50's trioing him. What makes you think 3 60's with the gear we have aren't just as capable?

How is our evidence of people going from neutral to full ally in 7 kills when level 60 was still the cap with no documented changes to his faction, level, or "killability" or whatever you want to call it invalid but your gut feeling isn't?

When you show me that changes prior to the VP revamp are made then I'll shut up but for now you're using a lack of evidence from one webpage to invalidate evidence from all of the others shown in this thread. That makes no sense. The fact that we have no patch notes or thread commentaries documenting a change prior to the revamp tells me that there never was a change as you seem to insinuate. He should have significantly higher faction rating, 200 based on the evidence, and is at an appropriate difficulty.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:11 AM
The Protector of Sunder

Actually going back and rereading this entire thing I think you must have misread the original post Uth. What Shiftin is saying is that the faction hit on P99 is too low and is most likely in line with the lower faction hits document after the VP revamp. The posts prior to the revamp (primarily those from 2002) indicate the King gives around +200 RoS faction points per kill before the change was made in 2004 or so.

Since we have no documentation showing a change to his faction prior to this, the only course to follow is that from the inception of EQ through Velious his +RoS faction was always the same. Thus it can be inferred that our P99 version of the King is incorrect and is actually the post-revamp version.

I'm not trying to be rude but you come in here telling us we're wrong when there is ample evidence in front of you to support the change we suggest. You say that there is a lack of documentation for a reason but honestly we're talking about a mob with no group or raid loot whose faction hit only truly affected less than 1% of the players of EQ back in 2000. You know how the raid culture was back then, raid guilds didn't make posts with info that could help them get ahead because people were competing to be #1 with worldwide firsts.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:58 AM
Sarnak

I went with a small group at level 60 during kunark (pre-velious) on live and killed Kazon (after having killed sev, gore, talendor and faydedar numerous times we were max kos). Within a couple of hours we were all warmly to RoS. I'm sorry that I didn't post about it on alla at the time, but regardless, that's simply how it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
You don't seem to get the fact that we've wanted to let you walk quietly but you continue to attempt to troll us to make us look bad to save yourself face or to 'be the bad guy' and make us 'regret' not letting your bipolar ass back on the staff
Last edited by Heebee; 11-26-2011 at 05:00 AM..
Old 11-26-2011, 04:35 AM
VIP / Contributor

Not one webpage, any webpage, including all the ones you cited. And I didn't say anyone was wrong for certain. For someone accusing another of not reading, you aren't doing such a great job of it yourself. I said:
  1. It may or may not have.
  2. The evidence was lacking.
  3. The evidence was lacking for a reason.

If no one posted anything about killing him, including that he was killed at all, because he was a giant secret, then he is the only raid content that was secret enough not to post about. Because if that were the case, there wouldn't be anywhere near the level of documentation on raid level encounters and everything even remotely associated that there is. But we both know that simply isn't true.

Anything that was raided (alongside tradeskills) is the most heavily documented content in the game, in any era, regardless of the amount of competition for it.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then he is the only raid content that was secret enough not to post about
He was never "raid content". He was able to be killed by less than a full group at level 60 during Kunark. He had no notable drops. I'm not sure how this would constitute "raid content"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
You don't seem to get the fact that we've wanted to let you walk quietly but you continue to attempt to troll us to make us look bad to save yourself face or to 'be the bad guy' and make us 'regret' not letting your bipolar ass back on the staff
Old 11-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to LevinJ

It's nice to see that Uth has been reduced to nothing more than a forum troll whenever certain guilds post trying to benefit the server.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Can we get an actual dev's response to this please, do we need to provide more evidence or are Shiftin's links sufficient
Closed Thread