Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

If you're asking for "donations," that means that you will port for free, should a donation not be offered. To then turn up your nose at a donation, when that is what you asked for, is absurdly caddish. My name is Hasbinbad, and I support this RnF post.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Tough situation, because not many people will /shout or /ooc "Porting for plat, pay me and I'll take you where you need to go" Most people opt to go with the more polite "Porting for donations" and expect people to have the integrity to respect the fact that the porter is saving you probably atleast a half hour worth of your time (maybe more depending on the situation.)

I stopped accepting plat for ports once I hit lvl 60 because most times, people just don't respect the fact that you're taking time out of your play session to save them time in their's. When you don't expect anything in return to begin with, you'll be less disappointed in the end when you get jack shit from some little in-grate. I usually only charge TMO members for ports anyway (still rarely accept plat from anyone though) as kind of a running joke, hey gotta take some of that plat they get from all those dragon pixels they sell!
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 06-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by contemptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RNF needs to be required 50 posts before entry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actually that is a really great idea
Old 06-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

9pp is only dick if you're a high level and/or decked out in a Fungi and shit.

If you're poor, then that's pretty legit in my book.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:31 AM
Aviak

Hello i will port you for free everytime i am not doing something in game, lately all i do is swoon over fountree's diablo2 experience and how he has 4 vp'd geared chars which i hear all the time from him! Please look me up in game and i will take you where you want to go, with a smile on my face
Old 06-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tough situation, because not many people will /shout or /ooc "Porting for plat, pay me and I'll take you where you need to go" Most people opt to go with the more polite "Porting for donations" and expect people to have the integrity to respect the fact that the porter is saving you probably atleast a half hour worth of your time (maybe more depending on the situation.)

I stopped accepting plat for ports once I hit lvl 60 because most times, people just don't respect the fact that you're taking time out of your play session to save them time in their's. When you don't expect anything in return to begin with, you'll be less disappointed in the end when you get jack shit from some little in-grate. I usually only charge TMO members for ports anyway (still rarely accept plat from anyone though) as kind of a running joke, hey gotta take some of that plat they get from all those dragon pixels they sell!
Tassle ported me for free the other day.

I wanted to go to Tox so I told him to port me to EJ unfortunatly he ported me to EJ.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:39 AM
Sarnak

/sigh guess i better clear this up.

I got a port from this dude when he first started in OT. his exact words where

"Porting for $$$$$$$"

He said in group its like 50pp for a port outa OT. I gave em 100pp. Yall knew the deal b4 u get into his group. Pay up or GTFO outa his group. He was lookin for coin, and u knew it.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Banned

^ Exactly, because everyone always uses the same message forever. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-20-2013, 01:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Exactly, because everyone always uses the same message forever. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Said he was broke dude. So I kinda figured this was gonna pop up...LOL was like if a druid is porting for just money betcha there's gonna b a RnF post. (said this to myself)

Sure shit man here it is, same dude and everything. Where's the guy who gave em spears? He didn't have any plat but he had selling stuff for 10pp each.

Druids words where WTF is this? Dude goes, they sell for like 10pp each. Druid, ok cool.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfelfbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Said he was broke dude. So I kinda figured this was gonna pop up...LOL was like if a druid is porting for just money betcha there's gonna b a RnF post. (said this to myself)

Sure shit man here it is, same dude and everything. Where's the guy who gave em spears? He didn't have any plat but he had selling stuff for 10pp each.

Druids words where WTF is this? Dude goes, they sell for like 10pp each. Druid, ok cool.
Can someone translate this mess please?
Closed Thread