Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:42 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The server will stop at velious. At that point we may consider opening a second server starting from the beginning again, but this is still a while away (2 years atleast).
Old 02-28-2010, 04:47 AM
Kobold

So there will be no chance of even discussing the server going past Velious? I guess I will enjoy the ride but I can tell you right now that it will get boring eventually.

Its a long way down the road but I like to think about the future before I put a lot of time into my character.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:49 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not saying it won't be discussed, but its unlikely that we will decide to continue past it.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Orc

If a wipe is in fact decided upon once velious has been flogged to death, i would suggest a way of retaining some of the player base may be to allow them to keep a lvl 50 character (or maybe even a lvl 30 character or something?) or something once the wipe occurs. There really needs to be some incentive.

yes, it would unbalance the game to hell once the wipe occurs, but at least all of those players (us) who are getting wiped have a better chance of staying.

From what i can see, if the wipe occurs noone is going to want to reroll and do it again. They will already have had their nice trip down memory lane and wont be feeling so masochistic a second time around.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:19 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony210 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A wipe of characters is about the worst thing I can think of.
This is something i dont want to think of at this point.

The server is fantastic and everything is great at present. But personally if i got wind of some sort of wipe i would probably instantly quit. This is mainly due to me feeling like there is little point in continueing.

I get this same feeling in other MMOs when a new expansion is announced. Why bother continueing to raid/improve your character/equipment when all of the items you are raiding for are going to be replaced and worth nothing briefly after the release of the expansion. This is an instant motivation killer and mood killer for me personally.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:20 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I never said a wipe would occur, and I would be against that. I said we may open up a second, new server, to start from the beginning again.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:21 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said a wipe would occur, and I would be against that. I said we may open up a second, new server, to start from the beginning again.
That is great news [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for clarifying Rogean. And once again thanks for the server. Most of us appreciate it ... while you guys tough it out and mop up the shit.

Not enough credit is given.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sweet, that's what I think would be the best as well. No character wipe. And like you said, if there is a new server it would still be 2 years away.

I think the project will be popular enough by then to have enough population for a 2nd server.

I've been trying to inform people about it here and there, like on old Everquest videos. I think people who used to play just need to know about it and they'll at least give it a try.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

How about we try to make it to Kunark, before we worry about whats going to happen in two years?
Old 02-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about we try to make it to Kunark, before we worry about whats going to happen in two years?
What kind of nonsensical thoughts are these?
Pffft.