Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Fire Giant

That's also true. After twinking my SK with nearly full Blood Ember, Atramentous Shield and all the other high-AC shit, I was really underwhelmed with the small difference it made. It still helps, but it's only worth it because you can't twink your avoidance like you can in more modern games, and because HP isn't very important until endgame when it's raining CHs. As for rangers being avoidance tanks, that's an interesting concept but not really based in truth, because they don't get extra avoidance from anywhere. In fact they end up with less at high levels, having worse defensive skill caps than the plate tanks.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

I play a 52 cleric with moderate gear at best. I have been lucky enough to play with the same 4 people nearly nightly for over a year. Our ranger tanks and always has unless we pick up a tank-6th. He does quite well. Actually the other night in KC he was tanking LCY when we invited a guild mate 55ish pally with, I assume good gear. I was healing the pally more often than the ranger. Same story with a SK on occasion. When we get the occasional warrior, there is a noticeable decrease in the amount I heal. \

But the short answer is ...yes rangers can tank ok 40+. At least in Guk, SolB, and KC. Chardok didnt work out so well the 2x we tried, but i dont think it was a tanking issue, and we have not tried Seb yet.
Last edited by gprater; 06-25-2011 at 06:23 PM..
Old 06-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Kobold

sad thing is rangers ARE the tank class til 50, end of discussion SK/Pally should all reroll cause they are epic failures. and who was talking about rogues tanking rofl?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol u said "ranger tanking"
They never should have given them Taunt.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sad thing is rangers ARE the tank class til 50, end of discussion SK/Pally should all reroll cause they are epic failures. and who was talking about rogues tanking rofl?
60 IQ?
Old 06-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

I tanked Drolvarg Captain spawn for hours last night no problem with my ranger. Me, Bard, Necro, Shaman, with the necro healing, it was an awesome group. Shaman slows make the difference but 50 + tanking is doable.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play a 52 cleric with moderate gear at best. I have been lucky enough to play with the same 4 people nearly nightly for over a year. Our ranger tanks and always has unless we pick up a tank-6th. He does quite well. Actually the other night in KC he was tanking LCY when we invited a guild mate 55ish pally with, I assume good gear. I was healing the pally more often than the ranger. Same story with a SK on occasion. When we get the occasional warrior, there is a noticeable decrease in the amount I heal. \

But the short answer is ...yes rangers can tank ok 40+. At least in Guk, SolB, and KC. Chardok didnt work out so well the 2x we tried, but i dont think it was a tanking issue, and we have not tried Seb yet.
Paladins have better AC, More HP and pretty decent self-heal spells as well as stuns that all combine to make your job as a healer a hell of a lot easier. If you are healing a Paladin more then a RANGER then the gear difference must be huge
Old 06-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Kobold

Not gear sir.. it is one skill that makes the diffrence..... dodge

As long as that ranger is dodging half the attacks, a cleric will heal the ranger less than said pally who will get git hit more often but for less damage per hit.Not to worry though sir,,I assure you that the one time the ranger does get hit, He well makes up for the times he didnt .

The difrence is Complete heal and if you have to only cast it everytime the ranger gets hit then on some camps that is accually more effecent. like i said before... I wouldnt try tanking in seb w/ my ranger because even though i dont get hit much, That 1 time out of 5 makes me pee myself from the crunch my toon makes
Old 06-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Fire Giant

Rangers don't get some kind of magical dodge bonus. It just depends on your dodge skill, and rangers only get a marginally higher one than knights (and lower than warriors). It's not enough to even make a visible difference, and a ranger dodging half the attacks is something you dreamed up. It's kinda funny how people believe things just because it seems logical that it be that way. Rangers are the worst of the tank classes, and by a fair margin. They can tank up until a certain point if they're geared correctly, but it'll always be worse than warriors, paladins and shadowknights.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Kobold

Have you played one?

Duie treantwood lvl 60 Tribunal

Duies Nightmare lvl 49 and climbing

Hearsay or personaly Experince for you sir?
Closed Thread