Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they heyday for juice was kunark so we need to get kunark out sooner
As opposed to your heyday being vztz 2.0/3.0?

but yes I agree
Old 08-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

from what i heard, was going to be 5 months after the sever comes out
Old 08-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Lets do velious then kunark ppppls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 08-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played from launch of everquest live until the end of planes of power. After Velious the game changed dynamically.For pvp servers it included areas that were pvp safe zones which screwed up pvp. I think that Velious is alot of people's favorite expansion. They added a cold snowy area because it complimented kunark and classic worlds lack of snowy areas and it seemed to level the playing field for melee classes with better weapons. Right now on p99 there are all kinds of weapons with velious weapons dmg/dly ratios. The devs put them in the game because they know it helps to balance the game more for melee. There were also alot of spells that made hybrids more capable in their rolls, and it defined alot of classes. At no time were classes more different then in velious.( in core dynamic roles, AAs changed minor details )

I know coding isnt near complete and its a huge project in itself to get velious up. I think there is also a lack of code for it.

But for me and a lot of people i know that was the peak of everquests time.
Y'now despite half the zones in Luclin being essentially superfluous and some of the AA's being complete horse shit, some of the raid content was intense and I had almost as much fun PvP going on in Fungus Grove as in Velks Lab. That was only because it was far enough away from a safe zone, though. The safe zones were garbage.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Kobold

please no Velious, starting Velious the old world became trivial. it was a fun expansion because population was large anyway, but it trivialized a whole lot.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

to early to say, first we need to see how many will play on the server... there is no need for kunark if there are only 100 online on prime

also, i remember rogean thinkin about classic only
Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
please no Velious, starting Velious the old world became trivial. it was a fun expansion because population was large anyway, but it trivialized a whole lot.
it was a joke brah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 08-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Kobold

bump to put this before the WoW threads
Closed Thread