Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 01:03 AM
Sarnak

LOL racist and sexist guild!

Can an enchanter in dark man illusion join?
Old 11-27-2019, 01:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But... I wouldn't be a Dark Man lol =X.
you don't have to be a man to join our guild that would be silly. Just make sure you have a male avatar ingame.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:34 AM
Sarnak

The Dark Men are individuals of character and class. Every interaction with them thus far has been a pleasure.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Seems like you want the minmax answer again, which is to wait until kunark comes out. Past that, if you really want to play a necro before Kunark comes out just play whatever race you prefer to look at for the rest of the character's life because the difference between those 3 races is so minuscule its not even worth considering tbh
Old 11-27-2019, 01:43 AM
Sarnak

ok so...

Before green I had only ever played iksar necro to 65 ( pop ). For green beta I rolled dark elf, green launch went to lvl 20 as a gnome, then finally settled into my now level 24 erudite.

If you take aesthetics out of the equation ( because of guise ) then necro and gnome are pretty even. But I gave up on my gnome because I felt like he had a lot of mana problems. I know it’s only a slight edge, being 10 int, but it does feel like a lot more than that sometimes.

I like the low night vision. It makes EQ terrifying at times, but you also get ways to remedy this through spells very early on. Stein of moggok and dagger of marnek are both good light sources, and once you get deadeye it doesn’t matter ( level 16 ). Erudites get a pretty crazy mana item later on through quests. I don’t recall stats but I believe it’ll even out to somewhere north of 300 mana. And it’s a slot that doesn’t have a ton of good options anyway.

As for traveling around... I ran straight from Odus to Freeport, got lvl 5 off of bone chip stacks, then moved to cb and spent a few hours tagging everything for faction, went back to butcher block and killed goblins ( lvl 1 welps ).

Before I started going nuts killing guards and stuff, I was able to walk freely in Freeport, Kaladim, rivervale, kelethin and felewith. Obviously I did some faction work, but it wasn’t that much faction work. I basically went from lvl 5 to 19 off cb belts alone, but it was cake once I got enough faction in Kaladim. Idk if this helps, but in my experience it wasn’t difficult to fix faction, because I fixed it while doing things I would normally do at those levels anyway.

I would imagine this would have been much more difficult as a dark elf. Tinkering is also not in my opinion reason enough to go gnome.

At this point I would never go back to either race for this class or any other caster.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Dark Men are individuals of character and class. Every interaction with them thus far has been a pleasure.
Thank you sir, all reports from our scribes about you have been flawless. Nothing but class all around.

Thank you for offering your services. You are a treasure to this server.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:21 AM
Banned

Erudite

Put your hood up
Old 11-27-2019, 03:40 AM
Sarnak

I went dark elf necro.Kill bunch of spiders and skeleton in nektulos forest to level tailoring did enough to make myself full set of raw silk trivial 36.Then went to east commons to see how was my faction with militia they start at dubious so kill a bunch of orc pawn to collect their pick and gave to guard in west commons.The good thing about killing those orcs is that it you get a bunch of increase faction with good ppl in freeport.Next will start collecting those df belt. Should be fine in freeport after that even outside of tunnel. Don't forget at level 16 to start your research since many spells are research only.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:13 AM
Kobold

Hide let's you do a ton more quests.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacidpenguin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hide let's you do a ton more quests.
Can you elaborate please?
Closed Thread