Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Aviak

The staff is good either way. not only is it an insta pull, but it debuff's. Its a win win.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to be an intolerable nitpicker, but the recast time is irrelevant if you're just using it to pull in a quad situation (in which you just cast it once and then run to find the next monster or bunch them up), and spell slots are not in incredibly high demand for quad-kiting wizards. Also, the debuff is irrelevant for magic-based AEs, which is what you're using most of the time.
This is not necessarily true. For instance one of the pulls in LOIO there are 4 goblins close to each other that don't social. I need to cast on all 4 of them and I do this in about 1.5 seconds for 4 spells. Simply couldn't do it with a level 1 nuke.
Also, magic based AE's most of the time?
Pillar of Fire- Fire based
Column of Lightning - Fire Based
Circle of Force- Fire based
Pillar of Frost - Cold Based
Pillar of Lightning- Magic Based
Pillar of Flame- Fire Based
5/6 are either cold or fire based, unless the wiki information is incorrect.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not necessarily true. For instance one of the pulls in LOIO there are 4 goblins close to each other that don't social. I need to cast on all 4 of them and I do this in about 1.5 seconds for 4 spells. Simply couldn't do it with a level 1 nuke.
Also, magic based AE's most of the time?
Pillar of Fire- Fire based
Column of Lightning - Fire Based
Circle of Force- Fire based
Pillar of Frost - Cold Based
Pillar of Lightning- Magic Based
Pillar of Flame- Fire Based
5/6 are either cold or fire based, unless the wiki information is incorrect.
I was talking about Column of Lightning and Circle of Force since those are what you use for most of your quad-kiting career, but I thought those were magic-based based on their names and icons. Indeed, the wiki says they're fire-based, which I find rather surprising. But there are stranger things in EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-29-2013, 02:53 AM
Fire Giant

flux staff is key for pulling even when you're not quadding -also mobs you end up pulling to quad you really dont want to take a pause to do anything besides snare them
Closed Thread