Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 02:51 PM
Orc

I'm not arguing the fact that bards are amazing pullers. What I am saying is druids can line up several mobs for the group to kill, without hindering the group from finishing them off. A bard out to pull another mob means there are no buffs for the group to finish off the current mobs. A monk out to pull means they aren't dishing out damage to the mobs. If the tank is 80-100% health, and the druid is 50-100% mana, a druid would be the most efficient puller since they, as welly321, "are not missed when out pulling".

Now if the pulls aren't chained back to back (where there is always a mob to kill in the camp), and the druid needs to med to heal, by all means send someone else out.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by richice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not arguing the fact that bards are amazing pullers. What I am saying is druids can line up several mobs for the group to kill, without hindering the group from finishing them off. A bard out to pull another mob means there are no buffs for the group to finish off the current mobs. A monk out to pull means they aren't dishing out damage to the mobs. If the tank is 80-100% health, and the druid is 50-100% mana, a druid would be the most efficient puller since they, as welly321, "are not missed when out pulling".

Now if the pulls aren't chained back to back (where there is always a mob to kill in the camp), and the druid needs to med to heal, by all means send someone else out.
This argument is flawed. Your reasoning is a monk would be more help dosing until the mob dies than pulling. Well you could always just get a 2nd monk and then be better off than with a Druid anyway. You mention that the ranger isn't dosing when out pulling while at the same time the Druid is doing nothing when out pulling AND when not pulling.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Necros are easily the best pulling class in the game right now. They are the only class that can do all of the following:

Root, FD get up split Pull
Set bind anywhere, tag -gate, pet pull, HS face agro-Tl box, snare split, can split 10 mobs with sow and roots and gate/leash

Literally no class comes close to what necros can do. Most necros only know how to do 5% of it.

Necros easily 2x better than monks. Only 2 pros of monk to necro are Insta FD and survivabolity
Old 04-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

It's good to appreciate that a pulling monk cannot dps. But there's no free lunch here. The druid pulling can't dps either such as nukes. Even if they are not the best it's still a trade off.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Orc

Replacing the healer for a monk sounds a bit flawed, but I guess bind wound would work. Anyways, let's put it this way, what is the most inefficient thing in the game? I would argue healing. Group members besides the tank getting beat on, anyone losing health/healing in general is inefficient. Therefore, if the druid is the only healer in the group and doing something besides healing, the efficiency will go up. No?

I did not say they were useless, I quoted "are not missed when out pulling". Meaning since, in most cases, druids are saving mana for heals and NOT dps, they are better off hunting more mobs (if they are able to maintain mana for heals).
Last edited by richice; 04-06-2017 at 03:47 PM..
Old 04-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros are easily the best pulling class in the game right now. They are the only class that can do all of the following:

Root, FD get up split Pull
Set bind anywhere, tag -gate, pet pull, HS face agro-Tl box, snare split, can split 10 mobs with sow and roots and gate/leash

Literally no class comes close to what necros can do. Most necros only know how to do 5% of it.

Necros easily 2x better than monks. Only 2 pros of monk to necro are Insta FD and survivabolity
Great input.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Orc

Alright, I "Concede" - I didn't mean to "Rustle" any feathers. I'm just really enjoying this game so much that instead of the usual lurking the forums, I decided to start posting. I'm back in the stages I was in when I was playing live, and can't stop thinking about EQ. I'm turning to ForumQuest when I'm unable to play EverQuest. This community is one of a kind. I really hope most of you stay, and not go to Agnar.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by richice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really hope most of you stay, and not go to Agnar.
Let em, they'll be back.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Druids are the best pullers in Unrest once they get wolf form and con indif to all the mobs there. It makes it a cake walk if you're in a fireplace group pulling the upper rooms. Just walk in, harmony, pull without worrying about aggro.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

Its a lot of fun pulling with my druid. If i have some clarity, i can sometimes manage a pet, heal, and chain pull. Such a blast
Closed Thread